Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions Thread-With Refurb Updates! NEW PICS!

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by mickeystoontown, Nov 5, 2015.

1. oj01

oj01 Mouseketeer

Martinique, OPR, Barbados, Trinidad, Jamaica, Aruba. In the mornings busses will leave the resort after Trinidad - Jamaica & Aruba have there own bus.

dansdad likes this.
  2. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

Do they drop off from the parks in the same order? (That is, coming from the parks, is Martinique the first stop?)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes.

iujen94 likes this.
  5. Zarahti

Zarahti Earning My Ears

dansdad, do you still recommend Jamaica 45 or Aruba 51 now that the entrance is moved and OPR is reopened?

6. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Definitely.

SnowChaser and Zarahti like this.
  7. MamaJessie

MamaJessie DIS Veteran

Hope you spoke to someone else - that is a whole lot of bad info there lol

Anyone have more info on this? I think some of the kids would really enjoy it!

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
    dansdad likes this.
  8. pens4821

pens4821 DIS Veteran

Is Matinique still standard? We will be going in January, and wondering if that would be a good request. We are booked standard view with room for 5. Would like to be close to OPR. While on the topic of requests, do you have to call them in now? Looking at the online check in, for room requests, when I click there is not drop down. It gives me no request options.

9. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Rumor has it that the rooms currently classified as Standard in Martinique will be moving back to Preferred but don't know for sure or when.

Our favorite locations are Jamaica 45 and Aruba 51. Both are a short stroll across the bridge to OPR and the Main Feature pool.

Yes, the room request section online has been broken for months now. It's still best to call your requests in.

pens4821 and rteetz like this.
  10. gorkt

gorkt DIS Veteran

Yes, I did talk to someone else who was more helpful. I have a request in for a king room linked to a 2 queen room, so we will see how that goes. I also decided to splurge for preferred. After thinking about it, one of the things that I really appreciated about my trip to AoA was being so close to the main area. It just made things a lot more relaxing. Looking forward to checking out CBR next year around this time! I do hope the gondolas are up and running.

MamaJessie likes this.
  11. oj01

oj01 Mouseketeer

No, they changed back to Preferred when the new OPR opened.

WEDWDW likes this.
  12. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

As of this week, they're still assigning guests that booked Standard in those rooms.

13. oj01

oj01 Mouseketeer

And have been assigning guests who booked Preferred since the first week of OPR reopening. I guess there's a crossover period until the numbers stack up.

WEDWDW likes this.
  14. WEDWDW

WEDWDW DIS Veteran

RIP Centertown Buffet-all that remains is the "Order Counter".:)

[​IMG]

dansdad likes this.
  15. CplUseless

CplUseless Earning My Ears

I've been looking at general WDW info for planning bounce back trips before an upcoming visit. Pretty sure I'm going to book for March 2019 while I'm there in a couple weeks. Any CBR specific insights and tips for bounce back bookings would be awesome!

16. Ydnameht

Ydnameht Mouseketeer

It just started so CMs had incomplete info when one of my roommates tried to sign up. The sign at the bus stops said to go to the concierge desk but they couldn't sign us up at the time. Hopefully they've sorted that out now. I think she had to call someone and then go to the pool and then wait for someone else to call back to confirm there were spaces. The fee had to be charged to our room ($50 per person, ends up roughly $53 after tax) and they did that at the pool when we signed our waivers.

Everyone gets to pick out their own tail, there's a few color options and there are adult and child sized tails available. First thing was learning "mermaid landing" which is basically just turning with the fin on so you don't bend it backwards (which would hurt the tail and your feet!). Then we practiced swimming with the tails on, and getting "treasures" off the bottom of the pool, and swimming through hoops. Ended with free swimming but we didn't get free run of the entire pool (possibly because of the small children?) and I would have enjoyed having more room to move around. It lasted a little less than hour because it starts an hour before the main pool opens.

Bring a camera or your phone if you want pictures and make sure there's someone who can take the photos since you can't get out the pool while wearing the tail. We had to ask the mom of two of the kids to take a few pictures for us because how could we be mermaids without photographic evidence? A CM to take photos would have been helpful and I had kind of been hoping for something like a commemorative pin but alas there were no trinkets to keep. I'm not sure I'd do it again (unless I went with my sister who I am sure would want to be a mermaid) but it was definitely worth doing once for me and my companions.

themommy, MamaJessie and dansdad like this.
  17. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

Flying in late tonight and just got my room assignment - Barbados, building 33. I booked a preferred room, and it looks from this map like this is probably the worst building possibility for a preferred room (in terms of distance from the lobby area). Is that right? I've never been to CBR - how long of a walk do you think I'll have from my building to the lobby? It's hard to judge from the little maps. I'm thinking about calling to see if I can get moved to a building closer to the lobby.

18. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Barbados is as close to OPR and the Main Feature pool you can get. You'll be maybe 2 minutes from the lobby. I guess you could ask to be moved to Barbados 32 or 31 and have a 1 minute walk.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018
    MamaJessie and iujen94 like this.
  19. Renee1061

Renee1061 DIS Veteran

Are you looking at an old map? Barbados used to be where they are now building the Riviera Resort. And the old Trinidad North is now Barbados.

WEDWDW likes this.
  20. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

I didn't think of that possibility. Good catch!

21. iujen94

iujen94 DIS Veteran

I looked at a new map ( although ironically, the map that they sent me with my room notification was an old map!). It just looks like out of the preferred rooms in Martinique and Barbados, Barbados 33 was the farthest away from the lobby out of those buildings - I can definitely see that it’s a lot closer than buildings in some of the other areas. Glad to hear that I won’t be far away! I think I just psyched myself out from reading how big and spread out CBR is. Thanks for your input!