Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

We are currently booked at Coronado Springs from December 7 to December 13, 2018. We are considering switching to Carribean Beach due to construction at Coronado Springs. Will Carribean Beach main food court and restaurants be completed by then and what impact would that construction have on us. Thank You

Just booked a quick trip for December 3-5 -- CBR is the one mod we haven't tried yet and my husband put in a request for "oh god, please not Pop again..." because it's my usual go-to. :rotfl2: We're looking forward to checking out the resort!

We are currently booked at Coronado Springs from December 7 to December 13, 2018. We are considering switching to Carribean Beach due to construction at Coronado Springs. Will Carribean Beach main food court and restaurants be completed by then and what impact would that construction have on us. Thank You

It all looks pretty close to ready... current rumor is October 1st which is the 30th anniversary. The DVC resort and the Skyliner won't be done but shouldn't affect much for your stay.

Hi!

i apologize in advance - I should know the answer to this... we have our first ever late flight home in the summer so will be wanting to store our bags. We can't use RAC (International Airline). If I schedule a Bell Services Pick Up can they take the bags without us going too - so we can go to the park then back to Custom House to retrieve later. Or do i need to travel to Custom House with our bags and go to the park from there. Sorry and thank you.

It all looks pretty close to ready... current rumor is October 1st which is the 30th anniversary.
So the December info that was posted is no longer valid?

We are going next month and would love to swing by and see the NEW Centertown!

Thanks.:)

This is just what I've heard from multiple places... that they are pushing Oct 1st for their 30th anniversary. I've been watching a bunch of "live feed" videos from people walking the area... the lobby seems more iffy for that date as it seemed like it had farther to go... I think Oct 1 is pretty reasonable at this point for the food court, restaurant and Banana Cabana. I'm hoping the lobby is right along with them, but out of all of those things seemed like the lobby could possibly open a little behind the rest... but who really knows until they make an official statement..

Hi!

i apologize in advance - I should know the answer to this... we have our first ever late flight home in the summer so will be wanting to store our bags. We can't use RAC (International Airline). If I schedule a Bell Services Pick Up can they take the bags without us going too - so we can go to the park then back to Custom House to retrieve later. Or do i need to travel to Custom House with our bags and go to the park from there. Sorry and thank you.

Bell Services will gladly come pick up your luggage only and bring it to The Custom House leaving you to go on your merry way.

This is just what I've heard from multiple places... that they are pushing Oct 1st for their 30th anniversary. I've been watching a bunch of "live feed" videos from people walking the area... the lobby seems more iffy for that date as it seemed like it had farther to go... I think Oct 1 is pretty reasonable at this point for the food court, restaurant and Banana Cabana. I'm hoping the lobby is right along with them, but out of all of those things seemed like the lobby could possibly open a little behind the rest... but who really knows until they make an official statement..
Awesome-the December date always seemed "late" to me.

While we can't wait for the new and improved OPR,we were talking today that,and we are probably the only ones who feel this way:)lol,we are gong to miss Centertown Buffet a "little" the "vibe" at CB between Guests and Cast Members was so special.:)

Nope. They had some major set backs due to the hurricane last year which had pushed the date back to December. But after making a concerted effort to make up lost time, they are expecting to meet the original October 1st date.

I'm sure you will, but please come back and tell us what you think! Have a great trip!

Does the breakfast buffet count as a quick service credit?
It does and is a great bargain.:)

But it looks like the days of the unique(sure to be a legend!lol:)) Centertown Buffet are coming to a close.:)

firefly_ris is reporting that there are rumors they are trying for the 30th Anniversary date of 10-1 for the reopen of OPR!

EXCITING times in the Islands!:)

THE LEGENDARY:) Centertown Buffet
39912645622_7362b2a600_h.jpg

Last edited:
This helps a lot as only pirate rooms are left for my dates.
Trinidad South IMHO,is probably the best "section" of any WDW Resort at this time with its "own" Pool,Laundry and ITS OWN RESTAURANT!:)

(And it will be super convenient to the CBR Skyliner Station.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter