Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Thanks for the info Moramoon, sounds like you had a wonderful time!

AnakinsDad, no sorry, no boat rides, other than the ones you can rent to ride around the little lake. Another reason the Gondolas will be so nice! Up until now, buses or a car have been the only transportation options from CBR
On a side note I need to find a page with all the acronyms, I'm sure I get them mixed up, CS is Coronado right? CB is ? And what is the Contemporary's acronym??
Here's a list of common abbreviations. This is from the Welcome to the Dis Forum

https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-list-of-common-abbreviations.1660743/

I have nothing to contribute today except that I will be at CBR at this time Friday and I am currently absolutely useless at work. I will be reading this thread even harder until then! I stayed at CBR last in 2006 and cannot wait to be back. Thank you to everyone for keeping us all so up to date!

Thanks to all for the acronym help!
It can be a little confusing, especially for us "no need to read the instructions" (Welcome to the Dis Forum) types :)

Thanks for the update here! We are also planning our first stay at CBR for July. I've put in a request for a room through TP. I'm guessing they don't have connecting rooms here? We have two rooms right now and are just hoping to be near each other. Really looking forward to this trip and staying at a new place!

Thanks for the update here! We are also planning our first stay at CBR for July. I've put in a request for a room through TP. I'm guessing they don't have connecting rooms here? We have two rooms right now and are just hoping to be near each other. Really looking forward to this trip and staying at a new place!

About 50% of the rooms connect.

I have nothing to contribute today except that I will be at CBR at this time Friday and I am currently absolutely useless at work. I will be reading this thread even harder until then! I stayed at CBR last in 2006 and cannot wait to be back. Thank you to everyone for keeping us all so up to date!

We check in friday too :banana:
Just :worship: for the weather to improve!

Arriving in 8 days woo hoo!!:banana: I have never been to CBR but am very excited, I don't even care about the construction ( I say that now, maybe I will). :scared1:I will have to let everyone know if I get any of my requests, I did not pay touring plans to do it but sent my own fax this week because I am that cheap:rotfl2:, that $11 is two dolewhips:laughing: there are 4 of us and my third son is stopping by for 2 days so I asked for a room with a pull down bed. I also asked for specific rooms I was able to view off of touring plans and will let you know if they told me to suck it because I was being greedy, or if I get any of my requests. :wave:

I will have to let everyone know if I get any of my requests, I did not pay touring plans to do it but sent my own fax this week because I am that cheap:rotfl2:, that $11 is two dolewhips:laughing: there are 4 of us and my third son is stopping by for 2 days so I asked for a room with a pull down bed. I also asked for specific rooms I was able to view off of touring plans and will let you know if they told me to suck it because I was being greedy, or if I get any of my requests. :wave:

That would be great to know if the fax works. I've been debating on whether to send one or not after hearing mixed reports. Have an awesome trip! :yay::jumping1:

That would be great to know if the fax works. I've been debating on whether to send one or not after hearing mixed reports. Have an awesome trip! :yay::jumping1:

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Your best bet is to call the Main Reservations line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Thanks! Will definitely do that then! Makes it a lot easier :goodvibes

Thank you!! I will try that today also!! :thanks:

You people stink!!!! Just Kidding...lol I'm soooo ready for September to come. Work sucks cause it's so slow, I've got plenty of time to search this site and other Disney things at work. and I wanna go Now!!
Hope you guys have a wonderful trip.

LOL, I feel your pain, whenever I read about someones trip coming up I am pea green with envy :headache: At least you won't have to deal with the crowds we will probably hit. I am very curious to see CBR, a few years ago I went all out and got us rooms at Beach Club, I was so excited to be there, and honestly can't say I was in love, it was nice but LOUD every time people would walk by our room we could hear everything, showers starting next door, etc. So I am not overly concerned about construction, I paid top price then and dealt with all kinds of noise early in the am, so I would rather pay about 1,500 less and check out CBR :ssst::ssst:

For those who have been recently how have the bus waits been? I’m trying to convince Dh that we picked right by staying at the CBR vs off-site with the Inlaws. I told him my main reason was the buses and not having to drive.

Buses weren't bad at all for us. I don't think we ever waited more than 10 minutes and that was after just missing a bus. That being said we were in Trinidad north building 31 which is right next to the new old port royal stops so I can't speak for jamacia or Aruba.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter