Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

I did it from the Polynesian and it was awesome! My DH and boys still talk about it! There may be a coupon in the Birmbaum's WDW Guide book (Amazon.com). It saved me 20% which turned out to be about 65.00.

Magic Kingdom buses for CBR have been garbage today. So. Much. Waiting. Have watched every other park get at least 2 buses dokee. Every 1 MK.

Then from the park to hotel, I think AoA got 4 buses before we for one mid-day.

Gah.

Magic Kingdom buses for CBR have been garbage today. So. Much. Waiting. Have watched every other park get at least 2 buses dokee. Every 1 MK.

Gah.

I hate days like that! We've had at least one of those days at every WDW we've stayed. Very frustrating.

Gah.
We too got bitten by the MK bus weirdness this morning. Missed one by 30 seconds and had to wait nearly 40 minutes for the next, during which there were 3 AK buses in the space of 5 minutes and regular Epcot ones. We’d have got to MK far quicker if we’d gone to Epcot and caught the monorail. Having said that, it doesn’t make the bus service crap, just the one we wanted.
We returned from Epcot at 7:30 and the bus for CBR was waiting at the stop. (Oh how glad are my feet that we are so close to the bus stop!)
On a better note tho.. we discovered the awesomeness that is the fresh fruit and Nutella waffle.... and it’s on the ddp!

We too got bitten by the MK bus weirdness this morning. Missed one by 30 seconds and had to wait nearly 40 minutes for the next, during which there were 3 AK buses in the space of 5 minutes and regular Epcot ones.

Pretty much exactly what happened to us too. Then we decided to take a break and it was just more of it 3 times.

BUT. I certainly do appreciate the bus system. Hoping AK tomorrow has as many running as there were today!

We too got bitten by the MK bus weirdness this morning. Missed one by 30 seconds and had to wait nearly 40 minutes for the next, during which there were 3 AK buses in the space of 5 minutes and regular Epcot ones. We’d have got to MK far quicker if we’d gone to Epcot and caught the monorail. Having said that, it doesn’t make the bus service crap, just the one we wanted.
We returned from Epcot at 7:30 and the bus for CBR was waiting at the stop. (Oh how glad are my feet that we are so close to the bus stop!)
On a better note tho.. we discovered the awesomeness that is the fresh fruit and Nutella waffle.... and it’s on the ddp!

Where did you get the fresh fruit and nutella waffle?? Is it considered a snack, or a quick service credit?

Headed to CBR Friday! It's my first time there, thought I've stayed at many other resorts over the years. Each one a fav for a different reason.

I put in an online request for a ground floor room. I attempted to also request a corner room, but for some reason it only registers one request when I go back in to look at them. Oh well. We have a car for the week, so I'm not worried about being near bus stops. I'm wondering if there's any requests I'm missing or should try and make? I know it's "last minute" but just thought I'd ask!

Also, I put in our arrival time, but didn't request to have early check in over the ground floor option. Anyone have experience with about how early your room was ready? I know it varies greatly - but I'm just so excited to get there, I want to be able to get in as soon as we're there! Our flight gets in at 11:30, so I'm thinking we'd be around a 12:30 check in - hopefully!

Where did you get the fresh fruit and nutella waffle?? Is it considered a snack, or a quick service credit?
They’re at Sleepy Hollow, the fruit is banana, strawberries and blueberries and if you really like Nutella like us, it’s worth asking for extra when ordering.
It is a quick service credit, but I was originally planning on paying oop as I didn’t think it was on the ddp (and I did enjoy... and need... the coffee I had with it)
In terms of ddp it’s not the best use of a meal credit as they’re not the most expensive, so if you have meals planned around your available credits, it’s better to buy it oop. We expect to have credits left over so it made sense to use it on this, my new favourite thing with fruit in, lol.

Slightly off topic, but I like to share as you’re my friends....
Yesterday me and GoofyGavin got wetter than we’ve ever got on a ride before... yes, it was splash mountain, which prompted me to share a traveller tip:
GoofyGavin looks a lot younger than his years so carries our passports in his (secure) pocket, as we are making use of the ddp alcohol. Expecting to get wet at some stage, I recalled having a cheap mobile phone waterproof bag from a few years ago. It’s the perfect size for passports and definitely saved them yesterday.

Attachments

• 00CD636F-378A-4E0A-A5DD-1C70D4C1DE12.jpeg
    00CD636F-378A-4E0A-A5DD-1C70D4C1DE12.jpeg
    60.1 KB · Views: 18
Slightly off topic, but I like to share as you’re my friends....
Yesterday me and GoofyGavin got wetter than we’ve ever got on a ride before... yes, it was splash mountain, which prompted me to share a traveller tip:
GoofyGavin looks a lot younger than his years so carries our passports in his (secure) pocket, as we are making use of the ddp alcohol. Expecting to get wet at some stage, I recalled having a cheap mobile phone waterproof bag from a few years ago. It’s the perfect size for passports and definitely saved them yesterday.

:thumbsup2

Staying at CBR in August and with new Toy Story land opening at 7:00 am each day for resort guests...am I correct to assume buses "should" be running as early as 6:00 am? First time going with such an early opening and one of the days we are there the plan is to get there for park open

After spending a full day at the parks we like to sit in the bar/lounge and have a drink. Is that also under construction until December?

After spending a full day at the parks we like to sit in the bar/lounge and have a drink. Is that also under construction until December?
Yes it is. There is a temporary outdoor bar though during construction.
Pre-construction, the bar at CBR was only ever outdoor anyway so other than being smaller it's not a lot different.

We are staying at the CBR and it will be our first time staying at a Disney Resort in June ! We usually stay at Shades of Green because its been the cheapest option and we like it . But we got a great deal ($1320) for a stardard room for the week, almost as cheap as SOG . Totally aware of the construction, and I really don't think it will bother us much since we don't really sit and eat much . We did switch from preferred to standard because of the price difference, hope that won't put us directly into the the construction mess. Any tips for a Disney resort noobie . Any room recommendations ( we're a family of 5)

We are staying at the CBR and it will be our first time staying at a Disney Resort in June ! We usually stay at Shades of Green because its been the cheapest option and we like it . But we got a great deal ($1320) for a stardard room for the week, almost as cheap as SOG . Totally aware of the construction, and I really don't think it will bother us much since we don't really sit and eat much . We did switch from preferred to standard because of the price difference, hope that won't put us directly into the the construction mess. Any tips for a Disney resort noobie . Any room recommendations ( we're a family of 5)

Not going to lie, there is construction all around the resort. By area:

Martinique is right between the Riviera and Old Port Royale construction. I didn't wander over there, but had a friend saying there this week. They seemed to be enjoying it.

North & South Trinidad. Probably the least affected areas right now. Though your water views come with gondola construction across the lake. I think North Trinidad is the only section of Preferred rooms right now. I might go for that just to cut down walking for my wimpy children and to be closer to Spyglass Grill.

Jamaica. Fairly unaffected except for the tower construction between it and Aruba.

Aruba. This is where we were. Again, tower construction between Jamaica and Aruba, another one going up next to the Aruba Pool that puts the beach right in the middle of construction.

Plus the roads are all messed up because of all of it (Google doesn't know you can't turn left out of Aruba, FYI).

Now, that all sounds terrible, right? Nah. The only thing I missed was a full gift shop. I didn't even realize there was a tower going in Aruba for a couple days. (We were in 54.)

Because the islands are clusters of buildings with a lot of foliage, unless your room faces a construction area, I think you're hard pressed to know what's happening. I enjoyed walking out of our room every day, was completely relaxed, and would book CBR again in a heartbeat even with the construction.

The pool is amazing and I think the kids would have been fine if we only hit MK and the pool.

Breakfast and lunch options were fine for a few meals, pizza delivery wasn't bad (except for the breadsticks), and our dinner was usually in park.

The island markets were convenient and I think it would serve them well to expand those a bit and make them permanent fixtures.

Happy to answer anything I might have left out. But in short, we absolutely loved our stay at CBR.

Greetings from Scotland folks

Looking for some advice from CB regulars if possible. We have not stayed at CB since 2007, our most recent visits have been at either BC or WL. We have a provisional booking to stay at the YC for 2 weeks at the end of July 2019 with the free dining offer from the UK. However, I have just noticed that for the same price, I could stay for 3 weeks at CB also with the dining ! I'm on the verge of changing but wondered what level the construction will be at by July 2019. Would it all be complete or at least the majority ? I appreciate nothing is guaranteed but would appreciate any thoughts. I loved my stay in 2007 but I guess the resort will be much different by next summer. Maybe even better !

Regards

Is Spyglass the only meal option if you want to get a beer as your beverage (utilizing new dining plan)?

Also... are the characters still coming to the pool? We were there last summer and that was nice touch. Anyone know what days?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter