Disney's CARIBBEAN BEACH RESORT Information & Questions

Just got back and construction was not a problem for us. There seems to be quite a bit of construction beyond CBR gates however. It's all over Disney property, but didn't really get in our way. It was rather an eyesore--road construction and some other work. Does anyone know beyond roadwork, what all the construction is about? Not CBR, but Disney World in general. They could build a fifth gate with the $$ they're spending on construction :rolleyes1

Just guessing but I would imagine there's more construction than normal as they plan for the 50th anniversary coming in a few years. Just a guess

Just got back and construction was not a problem for us. There seems to be quite a bit of construction beyond CBR gates however. It's all over Disney property, but didn't really get in our way. It was rather an eyesore--road construction and some other work. Does anyone know beyond roadwork, what all the construction is about? Not CBR, but Disney World in general. They could build a fifth gate with the $$ they're spending on construction :rolleyes1 Oh I would love to do food and wine, but my calendar doesn't allow for travel beyond mid August right now. They had put up all the little booths around World Showcase, and one word--Jealous :joker: My DBF will be there in October for F&W--double jealous! Hope you have a great trip GlamMistress pixiedust:[/QUOTE

Curious about the F&W booths--are they only up right before and during the event, or are they there year round?

Just got back and construction was not a problem for us. There seems to be quite a bit of construction beyond CBR gates however. It's all over Disney property, but didn't really get in our way. It was rather an eyesore--road construction and some other work. Does anyone know beyond roadwork, what all the construction is about? Not CBR, but Disney World in general. They could build a fifth gate with the $$ they're spending on construction :rolleyes1 Oh I would love to do food and wine, but my calendar doesn't allow for travel beyond mid August right now. They had put up all the little booths around World Showcase, and one word--Jealous :joker: My DBF will be there in October for F&W--double jealous! Hope you have a great trip GlamMistress pixiedust:
Thank you - can't wait! Gonna do the Halloween party, too!

Just guessing but I would imagine there's more construction than normal as they plan for the 50th anniversary coming in a few years. Just a guess
That and I believe they are going to rework the routes to/from parks/resorts for Disney buses. Heard this on our last February trip.

Help me decide. We have reservations for CBR Feb. 2018. I am fine with the construction, but will not be happy if the main pool & children's water area is closed. Has anyone heard if these areas might be affected at some point?

Help me decide. We have reservations for CBR Feb. 2018. I am fine with the construction, but will not be happy if the main pool & children's water area is closed. Has anyone heard if these areas might be affected at some point?
I've seen and heard nothing to suggest any closure/redevelopment/refurb of the main pool. I suspect many would agree that anything more than maintenance work given everything else going on would be a step too far and could result in a mass exodus.

Easy parking by the Custom House. We came late Friday night, parking by the CH was the least of my troubles after navigating here with my mapquest being screwy. For future reference trying to drive in the dark with an 8 year old as the navigator is not the best plan ever.

You can do online check in but still need to stop by to get the gift card. The gift cards are prepared ahead of time and in the back. That has been my exprience both in May and now in August. I don't think it would do any good to try to talk them into giving you one if you didn't qualify. They have it in the envelope in the back, you have to open it and take it off to even see the amount.

Oh we qualify, we made our reservations last September... long before any construction began or talk of it. We got an official e-mail telling us about the gift cards and that we would receive one... that isn't the problem... we just wanna make sure we get the card. We would stay elsewhere if we weren't.

I've read somewhere that the gift cards are prepared somewhere off site and brought to the resort each day so speaking to the staff at the resort doesn't help as they are not the ones who can give you a gift card. They can't go on the back and get one. It's all done off site

We got an official e-mail this past spring that we would be getting a gift card, that is the reason we chose not to change resorts.

Thank you. When in August do the US schools go back? I know this is generally when the crowds drop a little and varies by area but it would help me with selecting a date.
Our schools in Ohio are back in session by the 3rd week of August. Our DD will be in school for only a week, then we leave for Disney, lol.

Thank you. When in August do the US schools go back? I know this is generally when the crowds drop a little and varies by area but it would help me with selecting a date.

Way out here in California (Central Valley), we started school in late July and aarly August. We do however get a fall break in October, which is when we will be at CBR.

Indiana schools were all over the place this year, some the last week in July all the way up to second week of August. They are all back in school now. It's our colleges like IU that don't go back till the 21st... which is different than it used to be... Used to be colleges went to school first... We get a mini fall break in October and a week off for Thanksgiving. So I am seeing a trend towards shorter summer breaks which didn't used to be that way.

The first page has been updated to include the reviews and posts made by those who have stayed there recently. Thank y'all so much for posting!

FYI, I booked a client a two week stay at the resort before the $75 a night gift card cutoff. My clients had stayed at the resort before and were willing to put up with any construction in order to get the card. After I booked for them, I received no email confirmation that they would be getting the cards; however, almost every single time that I called for any other reason, I had the CM pull up the reservation to make sure that they would. I think that there were at least seven notations on their reservation that I had asked (hey, just doing my job). Even still, I gave my client my cellphone number and told her to call me if they ran into any problems even though they were arriving very late at night. I was very pleased when I received this message the next day:
"I don't care what people say, I really don't mind about the construction at CBR. It's still a beautiful resort, and it smells so good!"

I posted the above as an assurance to those who booked within the gift card time frame and didn't receive any email confirmation that the card would be waiting for them upon arrival.

My Aunt is a frequent CBR visitor who uses a scooter. She said the construction had zero impact on her getting around.

They serve a breakfast buffet in the food tent every morning.

Actually the buses have been even better due to the fact that there are 9 less buildings than before. There are 576 less rooms now.
Does anyone know if scooter rentals are delivered to the customs house and if so, is it difficult to get them to the room? I have requested the Jamaica section of CBR.

Does anyone know if scooter rentals are delivered to the customs house and if so, is it difficult to get them to the room? I have requested the Jamaica section of CBR.

They are. And if you call Bell Services, from your room they will bring it to you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter