Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We just got back Sunday and had an awesome time, though it was crazy hot last week. BWI is our favorite Disney resort. For those who don’t care for the breakfast offerings at the Boardwalk Bakery, my DH stopped in & bought just a side of bacon. It was 4 large strips of bacon, very good too. And this was the first trip that I tried the ice cream at Ample Hills. Delicious! Now I understand what all the fuss was about. The Disney withdrawal is horrible:sad1:. So I booked another trip for January 26-February 1! I truly have a problem, an addiction to Disney. :joker:

I LOVE Ample Hills! What flavor did you try?! Happy you had a good time!

I had the ooey gooey with caramel sauce and whipped cream. 😋

Yes!!!!
So, I never try anything new! I’m pretty boring and will typically stick to what I know! But that place smelled so good (and since they are known for the ooey gooey butter cake), I had to try it... and I was SO happy that I did, because it was excellent!!! I had it in the waffle bowl. Can’t wait to stay at BWV again just go get some more ice cream! 😂 😏

Trying to do online check in for Boardwalk and the room request menu is empty. Is this normal? Are there usually options?

Trying to do online check in for Boardwalk and the room request menu is empty. Is this normal? Are there usually options?
Completely normal, the room request feature on MDE hasn't worked properly in a while. Out of the 5 trips I took this summer only one of them ever had anything in the drop downs.

does anyone know if they are still giving out shampoo and conditioner bottles, or has boardwalk switched to the pumps mounted in the shower? How about in Club level rooms?

I have experienced both individual bottles and mounted pumps in standard and garden view rooms during visits this year. My club level room had individual bottles of the all the basic items including mouthwash (mouthwash in standard and garden view as well), plus toothpaste/brush, foot cream, aloe vera gel, and shaving kit. Hope this helps -- be prepared for either situation. Have a wonderful stay at the showplace of the shore - the Boardwalk is a wonderful resort.

We just got back Sunday and had an awesome time, though it was crazy hot last week. BWI is our favorite Disney resort. For those who don’t care for the breakfast offerings at the Boardwalk Bakery, my DH stopped in & bought just a side of bacon. It was 4 large strips of bacon, very good too. And this was the first trip that I tried the ice cream at Ample Hills. Delicious! Now I understand what all the fuss was about. The Disney withdrawal is horrible:sad1:. So I booked another trip for January 26-February 1! I truly have a problem, an addiction to Disney. :joker:

Glad you had a great trip! Have fun planning your Jan trip :goodvibes.

Completely normal, the room request feature on MDE hasn't worked properly in a while. Out of the 5 trips I took this summer only one of them ever had anything in the drop downs.
Ok thanks. Just weird because we are coming in the night before and spending one night at All Star Music. That resort had 4 different options to choose from regarding requests.

Ok thanks. Just weird because we are coming in the night before and spending one night at All Star Music. That resort had 4 different options to choose from regarding requests.
The only trip this summer where mine worked was a two night stay at Movies, the rest (all different deluxe resorts) didn't work, it is frustrating.

Hey all! First ever stay at BWI coming up next week. Have always wanted to stay there! Looking for room request advice: prefer as little noise as possible. Booked standard view. Any suggestions? TIA!

Any chance you remember about how long it took to be approved for Pre-Check?

As I recall, we had our KTN 2 days after the interview when I checked online. The official letter came 1-2 weeks later. We recently got Global Entry, which includes Pre-Check. While the interview was harder to schedule, approval came in about the same time online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter