Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

First trip to the BWV after going DVC on a cruise earlier this year - will be staying from 5th - 13th December. After years of being a Wilderness Lodge devotee I'm really looking forward to trying out an EPCOT area resort.

Loved the thread - learnt so much & subbed in to soak in the info before we head of in less than a month :cool1:

Wow, this is a great thread. SO much information!!
Thank you for all the time you must have spent on this.

We will be at BWV 2/25-3/4 for both of my kids' b-days!
We have a studio booked, I believe it is preferred pool / garden view.
:)

Some unexpected "fireworks" last night at 7DMT. If the ride is still closed, and you have a FP+ for today, you should receive an email notice via MDX alerting you to the cancelation of your FP+. You would be able to re-use the FP+ when the ride re-opens.

7DMT CATCHES FIRE - NO INJURIES.

I remember during the AP opening event for Fantasyland we viewed wishes from near the Gaston fountain. There was a lot of Firework debris that landed on the rooftops as well as around the crowd. So I can see how this could have occurred. Glad no one was hurt.​

Don't forget where you parked. The Disney "flying car parking lot" is a little behind the times...
112_0710_01z%2Btechnologue%2Bjetsons.jpg

And, don't get rid of the DDs entirely, couldn't they pick you up and drop you off?

That was hilarious. It does fit in with the whole Epcot theme!

True. There may be a BWV at Moon Colony Disney World in 100 years. I wonder if I can extend my contract thru then. :confused3

Yes, that did sound kinda rough. I meant after we kicked them out of the house at 18. There, much better. :lmao:

I jest. We are kicking them out at 18 to support them at college. After college tuition, a Disney cruise and flights to the moon should seem reasonable. :crazy2:

Thats true, but first they'll build a Deluxe resort on the moon, and then they'll convert part of it into DVC, but people will complain that the new 2 Bedroom moon pods block the view of Anna and Elsa's castle in Moon Disney!

For DDs, I think it's actually more cost effective to add the 3rd and 4th person in the same cabin. But then there at other costs like excursions and souvenirs and stuff. And if you're paying for college, I think you'll be doing nothing but staying on DVC points for quite a while. :)

I am trying to understand the vertical layout of BWV, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much, we leave in 10 days!!

What floor is the Lobby?
What floor is the Laundry Room?
What floor do you enter the Boardwalk?
What floor do you exit to catch the boat or bus?

Before I left I was so confused about the BWV layout! :confused3 When I got there it was like, "OHHhhhhh! I see now!" LOL

...And then I fell in love with the resort and had to be dragged out kicking and screaming!

Thats true, but first they'll build a Deluxe resort on the moon, and then they'll convert part of it into DVC, but people will complain that the new 2 Bedroom moon pods block the view of Anna and Elsa's castle in Moon Disney!
:)

Think of how high those fireworks will launch! :lmao:

...And then I fell in love with the resort and had to be dragged out kicking and screaming!

Was that you? :lmao:

I agree. The first time we stayed there, both DW and I knew it was the best. I like BLT as well, but am really happy at BWV - relaxing and fun resort and two parks within walking distance.

Hi, How kid friendly is BW? Considering it for my next trip. TIA!

Easy answer - it is a Disney resort. Any more specifics - age of child? Activities? My two dds have really enjoyed it. There are the similar activities of other resorts, i.e. pool games, outdoor movies, as well as the green space and community hall.

For younger children, I don't think it has a zero entry pool. But, it is walking distance to two parks, which prevents crowded bus rides holding folded strollers.

We just returned from a week at BWI, room 3275. This was our second time at BWI. Both times I requested waterview but the first time I specified over the boardwalk. We ended up on the third floor but the next to the last room from the ESPN club. It was a great room for the views. We could sit on he balcony and watch everyone on the boardwalk including the few wedding parties that took place that trip and the boardwalk entertainers. BTW, there is not disturbing noise coming from the ESPN club or arcade below us. The problem was the very long walk at the end of the day. There is only one set of elevators off of the lobby. Once on your floor you walk and walk and walk. On our first day we asked a housekeeping person getting on he elevator how far our room was and she said "about a mile that way." She wasn't joking! So this time, being a year old, I asked again for a waterview but near the elevator. We got room 3275 which was just 6 rooms away from the elevator! It was overlooking the courtyard in front of the lobby balcony. We were over the Flying Fish restaurant dining area. We could still see water so technically it was a water view but without being on the boardwalk. The balcony was bigger than most and with the big Halloween party right in that courtyard area Friday night, it was a great location. The best part was not having that long walk going to and from everyday especially when we just wanted to grab our refillable mugs. A big bonus was that the laundry room was right by the elevator so that was really convenient. I think convenience won over the boardwalk view this time.

Hi! Not sure how old your kids are, but we've stayed there twice with our DS's and they both really enjoy it (younger DS LOVES it!). Our first stay, they were 5 & 8; next stay they were 7 & 10. They both enjoyed the entertainers on the BW at night and always got ice cream before watching them:yay:

Also can't beat the convenience to EPCOT and HS if you plan on going to those parks!

My DD16 and DS8 both loved the resort. My son couldn't get enough of the pool and the activities that they ran in the afternoon kept him busy while I swam or lounged on my chair! He also loved the community hall with its games and arts & crafts. Luckily we were able to avoid the arcade this time but we did play a few of the Boardwalk games, grabbed some ice cream and watched the shows on the boards.

Was that you? :lmao:

I agree. The first time we stayed there, both DW and I knew it was the best. I like BLT as well, but am really happy at BWV - relaxing and fun resort and two parks within walking distance.

Yep! That was me! Sorry to have woken you up with my yelling but security was like, "Blah, blah, check out was 14 hours ago and no you can't live in the boiler room." Party poopers.

This was the resort that made me decide I wanted to purchase DVC. I have traveled w/my friend to Kidani & Beach Club and just never understood the point of getting one. I could totally see myself, once the kids are out of the nest :-)rotfl2:), just hanging out at this resort for a week...or more...in the boiler room.

Yep! That was me! Sorry to have woken you up with my yelling but security was like, "Blah, blah, check out was 14 hours ago and no you can't live in the boiler room." Party poopers.

This was the resort that made me decide I wanted to purchase DVC. I have traveled w/my friend to Kidani & Beach Club and just never understood the point of getting one. I could totally see myself, once the kids are out of the nest :-)rotfl2:), just hanging out at this resort for a week...or more...in the boiler room.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. If I'm in the parks or walking around the BWV, I'm looking for a place to stay. I thought about the laundry rooms. I could move between the different laundry rooms, stealing people's laundry for some clean clothes and having that built in excuse for CMs questioning my whereabouts. On our last trip to VBR, my 10 year old dd decided to explore resort on her own and found a roof access door. I might put her to work and find me a food access door at BWV, and then I'll be set. :lmao:

We try to do parks every other day and take time to enjoy the resort.

We try to do parks every other day and take time to enjoy the resort.

Although we spent many afternoons by the pool we only had one full rest day at the resort. I completely regret that decision and next time I'll amend that. This was certainly one resort that made me less concerned about commando touring the parks!

Tell DD that she's hired!

We just returned from a week at BWI, room 3275. This was our second time at BWI. Both times I requested waterview but the first time I specified over the boardwalk. We ended up on the third floor but the next to the last room from the ESPN club. It was a great room for the views. We could sit on he balcony and watch everyone on the boardwalk including the few wedding parties that took place that trip and the boardwalk entertainers. BTW, there is not disturbing noise coming from the ESPN club or arcade below us. The problem was the very long walk at the end of the day. There is only one set of elevators off of the lobby. Once on your floor you walk and walk and walk. On our first day we asked a housekeeping person getting on he elevator how far our room was and she said "about a mile that way." She wasn't joking! So this time, being a year old, I asked again for a waterview but near the elevator. We got room 3275 which was just 6 rooms away from the elevator! It was overlooking the courtyard in front of the lobby balcony. We were over the Flying Fish restaurant dining area. We could still see water so technically it was a water view but without being on the boardwalk. The balcony was bigger than most and with the big Halloween party right in that courtyard area Friday night, it was a great location. The best part was not having that long walk going to and from everyday especially when we just wanted to grab our refillable mugs. A big bonus was that the laundry room was right by the elevator so that was really convenient. I think convenience won over the boardwalk view this time.

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and the room location! What did they do for the Halloween party? Did they have characters? Happy anniversary, too. :)

My DD16 and DS8 both loved the resort. My son couldn't get enough of the pool and the activities that they ran in the afternoon kept him busy while I swam or lounged on my chair! He also loved the community hall with its games and arts & crafts. Luckily we were able to avoid the arcade this time but we did play a few of the Boardwalk games, grabbed some ice cream and watched the shows on the boards.

That was exactly us, too. We had stayed in different resorts, but after our first stay at the BW, we were like, okay, this is it, we want to come here every year. We bought our first DVC contract resale, and have not regretted it at all. We bought a half size add on with AKV as home, but also plan to use those points for non-home stays like BLT. But we keep sticking to that once a year BW stay, and always look forward to it. Come on December!

Ps -- what about pretending to be one of those dance marathoners and staying in Atlantic Dance overnights?

Although we spent many afternoons by the pool we only had one full rest day at the resort. I completely regret that decision and next time I'll amend that. This was certainly one resort that made me less concerned about commando touring the parks!

Tell DD that she's hired!

Will do. That was our progression of DVC ownership. When we first started visiting WDW, the dds were 3 & 1. We would stay at the value resorts, return for naps, lug strollers, but go commando to the parks everyday. I was exhausted at the end of my vacation. :sad2:

Then, we tried CBR @ Port Royale, and since AK closes early, we ended up trying the quiet pool as well as sitting on the fake beach, and watching the high Epcot fireworks. It was so relaxing. We bought into DVC and would later buy a contract at BWV and sold the first one. BWV takes it up another level for me as we can relax during the day at either pool, enjoy games at the community hall, and then there is all the stuff on the Boardwalk.

Well the ages would have helped! That's what I get for "sneaking in my WDW" at work!:lmao:

Kids will be 6 and 3. Thank you to all that replied with your comments!!

Just got back last week from a stay at the BWV. Here was our view from room 5040!

Morning

And at night!

I have a problem walking, so I need to know what side I should get on (Epcot or Hollywood Studios) to take the boat to YC for breakfast? I know eventually they both get there, but which one goes directly across to the YC.

I know its a short walk, but it would probably take me a half hour to get there!!!

cocoabean1 said:
I have a problem walking, so I need to know what side I should get on (Epcot or Hollywood Studios) to take the boat to YC for breakfast? I know eventually they both get there, but which one goes directly across to the YC.

I know its a short walk, but it would probably take me a half hour to get there!!!

You would want the MGM (sorry, Disney Studios) side.

Hi Kook,
It was a challenging week. It is good to be home. We need to catch our breath at this point, so we'll just look forward to a vacation in Sept 2015. Today I was able to get the Contemporary for a few days, followed by the BWI reservation we were planning on.
Sept 24-27 Atrium Standard view
Sept 27-Oct 4 Innkeepers Standard view

And the really good news, today I was able to get the mil rate all the way through. Feel free to add the adjusted dates to the Boardwalk Bulletin when you get a chance.
It's nice to be back reading the threads, lots to catch up on. :goodvibes

If your breakfast is later in the day - you can take a Friend Ship from BW to the YC! Get in line for the boats heading to DHS as YC is the stop right after BW. Plus the boat loading is in the center of the BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter