Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I'm planning a trip for Oct 9-13 and was interested in renting points for a BWV studio. The Disney website shows no studios available for cash, does that mean they are completely filled already or would there still be rooms available on points?

I'm planning a trip for Oct 9-13 and was interested in renting points for a BWV studio. The Disney website shows no studios available for cash, does that mean they are completely filled already or would there still be rooms available on points?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised if it was fully booked for that time period. The only way to know for sure is to have a DVC member or one of the rental agencies check the dates for availability.

That is during food and wine, and during a time when a lot of schools have a break, so with its proximity to Epcot it wouldn't be unheard of for those to be sold out on the cash side. The only way to know if it's also booked on the DVC side (which is different inventory as far as I know) is to make a request through one of the sites. I always find it impossible to rent at their or BCV during food and wine unless I contact them ahead of the 11 month mark so I can go ahead and get a member looking on the day it opens.

Does anyone have a map that shows the location of the various room categories? We booked two rooms for July for our first stay at Boardwalk Inn, 1 standard view and 1 garden view, and I'm interested in figuring out where these categories are located so I can plan a room request. I'd prefer a water view room but couldn't justify the extra $1k for a view. And if anyone has favorite locations for standard/garden view rooms I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance.

Does anyone have a map that shows the location of the various room categories? We booked two rooms for July for our first stay at Boardwalk Inn, 1 standard view and 1 garden view, and I'm interested in figuring out where these categories are located so I can plan a room request. I'd prefer a water view room but couldn't justify the extra $1k for a view. And if anyone has favorite locations for standard/garden view rooms I'd be happy to hear them. Thanks in advance.
Touringplans.com has room locators for each resort. You should be able to find the room and in most cases, a picture of the view. I've used it a number of times.

Those rooms will all have about the same view so personally I would request near lobby or near elevator to keep your walking to a minimum. Otherwise you could have a hike

You are too late to book a BWV studio for those dates. There is only a day here or there.

We are staying in a Boardwalk View Studio at the end of the month. We will be popping over the Beach & Yacht Club for a few meals. Is there a shortcut exit/entrance near the villas or will we have to walk back to the main lobby to exit each time?

We are staying in a Boardwalk View Studio at the end of the month. We will be popping over the Beach & Yacht Club for a few meals. Is there a shortcut exit/entrance near the villas or will we have to walk back to the main lobby to exit each time?

There are exits throughout BWV which would avoid entering and/or departing through the main entrance. There is an exit at the end nearest YC (at the end where Jelly Rolls is located). Depending upon where your room is located, however, it may not make it any shorter walk once you navigate the long hallways. Since you are in a Boardwalk view studio, you may be near a couple of options. Some of the stairwell exits are not entrances. You can go out but not back in the same way.

I thought there was a map on this thread which indicated all of the BWV exits. There are many.

Eating Question!! Does anyone know if Screen Door General Store has a grab-and-go section with sandwiches/salads/etc? I know they have a dessert selection (cupcakes! yes!). Or what about Dundy's Sundries?

I was thinking we will be starved once we land, jump in our towncar, do the 30 minute grocery shopping, then (probably) check our bags/groceries at the front desk since our room might not be ready. We are heading to MK then, and I want to stay close to BWI as we will get the bus out at the front.

And yes, I am lazy, haha. I will have a few protein bars in my bag to eat, but I know DH will want at least a sandwich at that point. Somehow, Disney time for him means eating every hour or so - LOL!

Eating Question!! Does anyone know if Screen Door General Store has a grab-and-go section with sandwiches/salads/etc? I know they have a dessert selection (cupcakes! yes!). Or what about Dundy's Sundries?

I was thinking we will be starved once we land, jump in our towncar, do the 30 minute grocery shopping, then (probably) check our bags/groceries at the front desk since our room might not be ready. We are heading to MK then, and I want to stay close to BWI as we will get the bus out at the front.

And yes, I am lazy, haha. I will have a few protein bars in my bag to eat, but I know DH will want at least a sandwich at that point. Somehow, Disney time for him means eating every hour or so - LOL!
Check out the Boardwalk Bakery for sandwiches.

Check out the Boardwalk Bakery for sandwiches.

This was my first idea, but isn't it a little bit down the Boardwalk (away from the BWI bus stop)? Just thinking of grabbing something quick and jumping on the first MK bus we find. Of course, I laugh at myself, thinking I know how we'll feel 11 months from now!! We might be fine, and will be able to hold on until we get to GF to see the gingerbread house! Worse comes to worst - we'll grab something at the airport on our way to the car.

This isn't really what you asked but there are 1br Garden/Pool View rooms (126 points) for those dates.

Eating Question!! Does anyone know if Screen Door General Store has a grab-and-go section with sandwiches/salads/etc?

It is limited. They have a wall of refrigerated items, but I don't think there is ready made sandwiches, etc. They have bread and stuff to make sandwiches, but I don't think that there is much to grab and go, other than the desserts.

^^I guess I am picturing it all wrong. I thought we got the bus at the front of the resort. Then I thought we walked through the resort, out to the Boardwalk and the screen door was directly to the left, so away from the bus stop.

Well, it's been a few years now so I might have it all wrong, but it looks like it isn't an option anyway - no sandwiches. So probably Boardwalk Bakery is the way to go! Thanks everyone.

When you walk out to the Boardwalk, the Screen door will be to the left and the Bakery to the Right. The Bakery will be on the same side as the Inn, the Screen door the same side as the Villas. The bus stop is on the Inn side out by the parking lot.

Dundry's Sundries inside the BoardWalk is tiny. You might get a bottle of soda and a bag of chips, but not a sandwich or a salad.

If your towncar is doing a grocery stop, shouldn't you be looking for pre-made salads and sandwiches at the grocery store? I'm pretty sure you could find those at Publix, although I haven't looked myself.

^^I guess I am picturing it all wrong. I thought we got the bus at the front of the resort. Then I thought we walked through the resort, out to the Boardwalk and the screen door was directly to the left, so away from the bus stop.

Well, it's been a few years now so I might have it all wrong, but it looks like it isn't an option anyway - no sandwiches. So probably Boardwalk Bakery is the way to go! Thanks everyone.
When you walk out to the Boardwalk, the Screen door will be to the left and the Bakery to the Right. The Bakery will be on the same side as the Inn, the Screen door the same side as the Villas. The bus stop is on the Inn side out by the parking lot.
And each are about the same distance from the stairs to the bus stop, more or less. No difference greater than a handfull of steps.
If it's that important to be fast, buy bread and fixings and make your own sandwich in the room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter