Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just booked a BWV studio for one night for the arrival day before we ship off on our Sept 2105 Cruise on the Disney Fantasy. :thumbsup2 :beach:

We are enjoying our first stay at BWI. We are in one of the newly refurbished rooms on the 5th floor looking out to the gardens. We can see Epcot and Illuminations from our room! I will post some pics when I can. I did see that the third floor was still under renovations.... Beautiful spot and so great for walking to Epcot and DHS!!

Just booked a BWV studio for one night for the arrival day before we ship off on our Sept 2105 Cruise on the Disney Fantasy. :thumbsup2 :beach:

Wow! They are booking cruises really far out now! :lmao:

Seriously, have a great trip. I would like to do that one day - cruise/WDW trip.

Good Morning ! We have our next trip planned for 9/16 to 9/26. Only 319 days ! :rotfl2:

Seriously, have a great trip. I would like to do that one day - cruise/WDW trip.

That's really funny. :). Whoops! The really funny thing is, I actually made that same typo on the DVCMember site, and it gave me an error for being more than 11 months out. I couldn't figure out why. :lmao:

We're doing mostly a sea trip, but doing BW the one night before so we don't have to worry about any same day travel issues flying from NY (tough to swim to catch up to the boat!), and then we're staying again the night after (will book BW again, but hoping to switch to BLT at 7 months) just because it's our anniversary that night, and then we'll fly back the next morning. So we probably won't actually go into the parks either of those two days, but it's still fun to be on site. :woohoo: We do have APs, so we can go into the parks if we change our minds.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it. Sorry.

Is the restaurant that's replacing Kat Kouzzina's up and running? If not, any idea when it will be? I'm interested in trying in out on our upcoming February trip. Thanks ~
Your question reminded me that I need to put this information into the DINING section:thumbsup2

I just returned from my 10 nights stay at BWI yesterday and had such a wonderful time.

Before my trip I was very worried regarding the ongoing refurbishment but we ended up in a refurbished room 2282 and did not hear any construction noise. Our room was located on the second floor right next to the elevator. I loved the new decor and our room location.

The CMs of the BWI were great. I had multiple magic band issues throughout my stay and the CMs always found a way to make up for my troubles. But that is another discussion ;-)

I especially fell in love with the courtyard and the quiet pool. Such a peaceful place and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of the parks and the Boardwalk.

What I found very interesting is the different feel of my vacaction which I got while staying at one of the Epcot resort. It is hard to describe but it felt different than staying e.g. at one of the monorail resort. But in a very good way. I really cannot decide what I like better. I am still a huge fan of WL, CR and PL but the BWI really surprised me. And I will definitely be back to stay at one of the Epcot resorts.

Regarding the refillable mug - they only refill the mug at the bakery, pizza window, lounge and pool bar. Which was more than sufficient. I checked at Seashore Sweet and Boardwalk Joe but both that they don´t refill the mug. At the lounge you can also get Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite.

Regarding the room refurbishment: Floors 5 and 4 are completely done. On floor 3, 2 and 1 only the rooms in the left wings are done (when you walk towards the elevator from the lobby and turn left). They started work on floor 3 on the right side last week and will continue with floor 2 and finally 1. Nobody could tell me an estimate time frame. So make sure you request a refurbished room.
Great advice about the room request and thank you for posting about your stay. Where will your adventures take you next?

ETA: Thank you so much for the mug refill location update. I've corrected it on the first page thanks to you.

Hi! Considering a stay at BW/BWI for a long weekend stay in June. Going for SWW, so I want to have DHS as accessible as possible. Right now, I can book a standard room at the BW or a studio at the villas for essentially the same price, or a 1 bedroom villa for just a little more.

It's my understanding that the villas are closest to DHS, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the villas are located. Can someone post a Map for Dummies (like me) with the villas actually circled/highlighted?

How common are the daybeds in the standard rooms?

How long does it (generally) take to walk from a standard room to the DHS walkway? Keep in mind that we'd likely have a stroller.

Thanks!
On this map from POST 1, BWV is to the left of the porte-cochere, surrounding the Luna Park pool and BWI is to the right:

ccfeb718-2274-4f9c-a535-3decdbe78ef5.jpg

KOOK, I will do my best to get the photos that you requested. Would you like me to e mail them to you as I did the last time? If so, could you please send me a PM with the info again?
If you can't upload them to a photo sharing site, you can email them to me and I will post them. I will PM the address to you - thank you.

YAY!

We are enjoying our first stay at BWI. We are in one of the newly refurbished rooms on the 5th floor looking out to the gardens. We can see Epcot and Illuminations from our room! I will post some pics when I can. I did see that the third floor was still under renovations.... Beautiful spot and so great for walking to Epcot and DHS!!
Sounds like a perfect Standard View:thumbsup2

:rotfl:
psac really wants his rate locked-in. Think they'll rehab his Studio before 2105?

Good Morning ! We have our next trip planned for 9/16 to 9/26. Only 319 days ! :rotfl2:
I love how your Disney glass is half-full and I'll log your dates:goodvibes

Trattoria al Forno:

DINNER MENU

A new restaurant at Disney's BoardWalk on the site of the former Kouzzina by Cat Cora. The restaurant will showcase classic Italian cuisine including handcrafted mozzarella made daily, fresh cavatelli pasta and pizzas baked in wood-burning ovens.

Trattoria al Forno will be open daily for breakfast (7:30-11 a.m.) and dinner (5-10 p.m.), with reservations starting October 21, 2014, and a tentative opening date of December 18, 2014.

We're doing mostly a sea trip, but doing BW the one night before so we don't have to worry about any same day travel issues flying from NY (tough to swim to catch up to the boat!), and then we're staying again the night after (will book BW again, but hoping to switch to BLT at 7 months) just because it's our anniversary that night, and then we'll fly back the next morning. So we probably won't actually go into the parks either of those two days, but it's still fun to be on site. :woohoo: We do have APs, so we can go into the parks if we change our minds.

When we do the cruise, we would probably do that as well. We looked at driving to Port Canaveral and parking the car there, but that brought up more issues. Then, we thought about staying at one of the hotels and parking there. I think we are just going to wait until we get rid of the dds, booked at WDW, and use their cruise money for our flights. :lmao:

:rotfl:
psac really wants his rate locked-in. Think they'll rehab his Studio before 2105?

Only if WDW will accept the room request as well. Would that be a view of the flying car parking lot? :lmao:

When we do the cruise, we would probably do that as well. We looked at driving to Port Canaveral and parking the car there, but that brought up more issues. Then, we thought about staying at one of the hotels and parking there. I think we are just going to wait until we get rid of the dds, booked at WDW, and use their cruise money for our flights. :lmao:

Only if WDW will accept the room request as well. Would that be a view of the flying car parking lot? :lmao:
Don't forget where you parked. The Disney "flying car parking lot" is a little behind the times...
112_0710_01z%2Btechnologue%2Bjetsons.jpg

And, don't get rid of the DDs entirely, couldn't they pick you up and drop you off?

Don't forget where you parked. The Disney "flying car parking lot" is a little behind the times...
[.jpg

True. There may be a BWV at Moon Colony Disney World in 100 years. I wonder if I can extend my contract thru then. :confused3

And, don't get rid of the DDs entirely, couldn't they pick you up and drop you off?

Yes, that did sound kinda rough. I meant after we kicked them out of the house at 18. There, much better. :lmao:

I jest. We are kicking them out at 18 to support them at college. After college tuition, a Disney cruise and flights to the moon should seem reasonable. :crazy2:

I gotta say, after planning our vacation for almost a year (10 days away now!) this thread has been absolutely invaluable. Thanks very much, all of you, for helping us rookies out.

Great advice about the room request and thank you for posting about your stay. Where will your adventures take you next?

ETA: Thank you so much for the mug refill location update. I've corrected it on the first page thanks to you.

My next adventure will be Aulani/Disneyland Resort in February 2015 and in October 2015 a 12 night stay at the Polynesian Village Resort :yay:

I gotta say, after planning our vacation for almost a year (10 days away now!) this thread has been absolutely invaluable. Thanks very much, all of you, for helping us rookies out.
It's almost time! Hope you'll be able to post a little update for us;). So glad you've found the thread helpful - happy travels!

My next adventure will be Aulani/Disneyland Resort in February 2015 and in October 2015 a 12 night stay at the Polynesian Village Resort :yay:
Wow! You are quite the traveler - Germany to Hawaii then CA then back to FL. PVR (love the "new" old name) should be like a brand new resort for your stay:thumbsup2

Some unexpected "fireworks" last night at 7DMT. If the ride is still closed, and you have a FP+ for today, you should receive an email notice via MDX alerting you to the cancelation of your FP+. You would be able to re-use the FP+ when the ride re-opens.

7DMT CATCHES FIRE - NO INJURIES.

Also, Blizzard Beach is closed again today due to the cold weather. TL is also closed due to its annual refurbishment through 1/3/15.

I'm staying club level for one night in January. We'll be moving over from AS music. We're planning Epcot for this day and I planned to check- in and take advantage of breakfast before Epcot. It looked like we could check in after 6:30am - right? And what is the best way over? Could I take the ADR breakfast bus for cape may and walk over? I thought about a taxi but not sure how that would work because I have 3 kids that legally require boosters+ 1 for an infant seat. Ideas? And anyone know the closest deluxe to the club lounge? I think that would be the most convenient with kids. I'm really excited to be trying BW. We're actually doing 4 resorts in 6 nights so I'm excited to see how this will work with lots of kids.

I'm staying club level for one night in January. We'll be moving over from AS music. We're planning Epcot for this day and I planned to check- in and take advantage of breakfast before Epcot. It looked like we could check in after 6:30am - right?

And what is the best way over? Could I take the ADR breakfast bus for cape may and walk over? I thought about a taxi but not sure how that would work because I have 3 kids that legally require boosters+ 1 for an infant seat. Ideas?

And anyone know the closest deluxe to the club lounge? I think that would be the most convenient with kids. I'm really excited to be trying BW. We're actually doing 4 resorts in 6 nights so I'm excited to see how this will work with lots of kids.
Wow, you are going to have a lot of packing and un-packing or will you keep everything in suitcases?

The Club Level check-in does not open until 7:00, but you can check-in downstairs. You could then go upstairs for the coffee service only. The lounge opens at 7:00 for breakfast.

Taking the early ADR bus would be your best option and then you could walk right over from YC/BC to BWI.

Five of the ten Deluxe rooms are on the same floor as the lounge - the 4th. I would request a Deluxe room on the 4th floor.

I plan on packing very light. We're flying on a discount flight so we're very limited anyway. We just went in October, so the only way I could convince DH to go again was to try different things. So we check in late Sunday night at music, then 1 night BW deluxe, 2 nights kidani (rent DVC pts), 2 nights Wilderness deluxe. We stayed at Kidani in October and loved the 2 bedroom. Originally I planned on AoA instead of BW but we stayed there in October. I really want to see Illuminations and have more options in the evening, which is why I thought BW would be great to try out. It really didn't work out to go back out at night with the the very young kids back in October, but since BW and Epcot are so close, I'll have that option now.

We've done road trips before when we were younger and loved being in a new place every couple of days. So I think we'll like it but that was pre-5 kids so it will be interesting to see how that mixes things up.

We also don't do the dining plan - just not worth it with so many young kids. They're just as happy with peanut butter and jelly and rides than TS meals.

I am trying to understand the vertical layout of BWV, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much, we leave in 10 days!!

What floor is the Lobby?
What floor is the Laundry Room?
What floor do you enter the Boardwalk?
What floor do you exit to catch the boat or bus?

I am trying to understand the vertical layout of BWV, any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks much, we leave in 10 days!!

What floor is the Lobby?

The lobby is floor 2. To get to/from bus stop, you go out the 2nd floor if you are leaving thru lobby. If you are on a 1st floor room, you can exit out the door towards the parking lot and avoid walking all the way back thru the lobby. When walking to/ from the boat launch or pools, you will enter/exit the 1st floor on the back of the resort. There are also stairs outside on the back to.walk up to the lobby. I know there is laundry on floor 1, but I was thinking there were others as well.

What floor is the Lobby?

The lobby is on level 2. That's the level you enter from the front of the resort. The laundry is on level 1. You can enter BW from both levels 1and 2. Level 1 is where the 'gym' is, and the pool is right there, as you exit on this level. You would use level 1 to get to the boats, the boardwalk, and restaurants. Access to buses is off level 2....walk out the fron of the resort and down to the bus stop.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter