Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I have stayed in both and vastly prefer the Inn side
I have no use for a kitchen, even a mini version
I like 2 real beds in the room and full on housekeeping (unless you pay cash direct to Disney, then you get it on both sides)
and more importantly, we ADORE with a great big puffy heart, CL at BWI. Which you can't get on the Villa side.

I have no use for the kitchen either. And the two beds are definitely more appealing, especially since our pull-out wasn’t working very well. Thanks again for your input!

Does anyone know if there are any standalone studio villas and don’t connect to another room? What about the Inn - do all 2 queen rooms have a connecting door to another room?
Yes there are groups of dedicated Studios on floors 2-5 in Bldg 1 on the Villas side.

Group 1: x055-65 - odd numbered rooms overlooking the Village Green section of the Boardwalk.
Group 2: x054-66 - even numbered rooms overlooking the Luna Park "Clown" pool.

Where x is floor 2-5

Dave

Yes there are groups of dedicated Studios on floors 2-5 in Bldg 1 on the Villas side.

Group 1: x055-65 - odd numbered rooms overlooking the Village Green section of the Boardwalk.
Group 2: x054-66 - even numbered rooms overlooking the Luna Park "Clown" pool.

Where x is floor 2-5

Dave

That’s good to know. Thanks!

Does anyone know if there are any standalone studio villas and don’t connect to another room? What about the Inn - do all 2 queen rooms have a connecting door to another room?
From the DVC Resource Thread at the top of every DVC Board:
BoardWalk Villas - Villa Types
-97 Dedicated Studios
-130 Dedicated 1BR villas
-0 Dedicated 2BR villas
-149 Lockoff 2BR villas
-7 Grand Villas
Total = 383 Villas / 532 Max. Available

Thank you. If you’ve stayed in both the villas and the Inn, do you prefer one over the other?
We have stayed in both sides. We loved the CL level experience at the BWI side and would recommend it to anyone.

We booked a studio at BWV and were upgraded to 1BD villa and now we are hooked. The extra space is so amazing!

We love having a full fridge. We might not use the stove, but we do use the microwave, toaster, the big fridge and the plates/glasses/silverwear every day. We also love having a freezer with the ability to have ice and not having to go and get it. I use the freezer to freeze some of our goodies that we use our snack credits on. I love the big mickey rice crispy treats at the BW bakery and at the gift shop.

Being able to do laundry in our room, is an amazing perk for us. We go in June and wear at least two outfits a day as we are sweating through everything!

As we get older and utilize the pool/resort amenities more and more, the Villa's side is where we feel at home.

Just paid deposit for BWV Studio in June! So excited, have been wanting to stay there ever since we were at BC and stopped over there 1 night and saw how amazing it was.

I’ve been reading this post and saw issues with buses to MK, when we were at BC they ran great. If buses become a problem, what do you think of going over to BC and taking that one?

Thoughts anyone?

Thanks, YO

I would not worry about the buses to MK, they have been really good in our most recent trips. The only time there was a problem, was there was an accident on the road causing a delay. I would not bother to walk to the BC.

We also used Minnie Van's for the 1st time this year. They were fantastic and will use them going forward. I will make sure to budget them in! If I am concerned about getting to MK, I would take a Minnie Van. They are quick and easy. Take you to the bus area instead of the TTC where Lyft/taxi/Uber's go to.

We will also be at BWV in June, we go every year!! We love the quiet pool on the Villa side, there are always noodles and it's so peaceful and relaxing.

We have stayed in both sides. We loved the CL level experience at the BWI side and would recommend it to anyone.

We booked a studio at BWV and were upgraded to 1BD villa and now we are hooked. The extra space is so amazing!

We love having a full fridge. We might not use the stove, but we do use the microwave, toaster, the big fridge and the plates/glasses/silverwear every day. We also love having a freezer with the ability to have ice and not having to go and get it. I use the freezer to freeze some of our goodies that we use our snack credits on. I love the big mickey rice crispy treats at the BW bakery and at the gift shop.

Being able to do laundry in our room, is an amazing perk for us. We go in June and wear at least two outfits a day as we are sweating through everything!

As we get older and utilize the pool/resort amenities more and more, the Villa's side is where we feel at home.

Yes! The 1 and 2 bedrooms are amazing. Love love love the closets, the storage in the bathroom etc. I can really settle in with a 1 or 2 bedroom. It’s nice to have a separate room and a couch and chairs to chill.

Last edited:

I have stayed in both and vastly prefer the Inn side
I have no use for a kitchen, even a mini version
I like 2 real beds in the room and full on housekeeping (unless you pay cash direct to Disney, then you get it on both sides)
and more importantly, we ADORE with a great big puffy heart, CL at BWI. Which you can't get on the Villa side.

I agree. The only thing I miss from the Villa side are the washer/dryers in the larger units. But I will forego those in order to have club level.

how far is the Boardwalk from the Skyliner station? we are staying at POP, have an 8:50 ADR for Bon Voyage Breakfast and then plan to head to HS. trying to figure out if we should just use the Skyliner.

how far is the Boardwalk from the Skyliner station? we are staying at POP, have an 8:50 ADR for Bon Voyage Breakfast and then plan to head to HS. trying to figure out if we should just use the Skyliner.

It's about a 5-10 minute walk. Right on the boardwalk, past the ESPN Club and the wedding pavilion, left over the bridge and and then a right to the Skyline and entrance to EPCOT.

It takes less than 10 min to reach the Epcot IG from BWI lobby. You'll reach the skyliner station prior to reaching the IG, so less than 10 min.

I would not worry about the buses to MK, they have been really good in our most recent trips. The only time there was a problem, was there was an accident on the road causing a delay. I would not bother to walk to the BC.

We also used Minnie Van's for the 1st time this year. They were fantastic and will use them going forward. I will make sure to budget them in! If I am concerned about getting to MK, I would take a Minnie Van. They are quick and easy. Take you to the bus area instead of the TTC where Lyft/taxi/Uber's go to.

We will also be at BWV in June, we go every year!! We love the quiet pool on the Villa side, there are always noodles and it's so peaceful and relaxing.

We didnt have any issues with the busses either, but we did take a minnie van back to Boardwalk from Wilderness Lodge / Artist Point because we didn't want to deal with going to a park with two sleeping kids close to park close. It worked out great, and was only $30+ tip. This was just last week.

Here's a quick room tour and time lapse video walking from Boardwalk to the International Gateway (PS: Don't film security. If my video didn't end where it did - they'd have had me delete the video! :oops::oops: - they made me show them the video! )

Our room was # 3295 and it overlooked the walkway from the lobby to the bus stop - and while I was expecting some noise, it wasn't bad at all - the hallway was louder than the walkway. Overall, it was another great stay at Boardwalk. We even went down a day early and stayed at Pop before moving over to our Boardwalk stay.

Your biggest issue is a problem with the Skyliner and one or more loop breaks down.

Your biggest issue is a problem with the Skyliner and one or more loop breaks down.

If it goes down, they re-route busses to hit the skyliner stops. I'd just build in extra time to either grab one of those busses or a Minnie Van just in case it goes down.

A bus won't help if you are stuck on it.

true. :rotfl2:

I will say, we were just down there - my parents stayed at Pop, we stayed at Boardwalk. They never had an issue with it. We even road it on our last day and all was good.

true. :rotfl2:

I will say, we were just down there - my parents stayed at Pop, we stayed at Boardwalk. They never had an issue with it. We even road it on our last day and all was good.
Now you’ve gone and done it. Jinxed yourself :jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter