Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I read post 16... But I just want to clarify..
It says BWI and BWV have their own bus now.. But it only says it under the MK bus. Is it for AK bus as well?

We're going down on July 28!! We always, always, ALWAYS get BoardWalk view. The garden is beautiful, and the pool always looks fun (minus the creepy clown slide).....I have a very active imagination, if you can't tell, LOL.
....not really...that "creepy clown" comment - you hit the nail on the head.

I second @AngiTN comments that you should not expect a 100% direct bus. It depends on the resort season or holiday due to the number of guests at the resorts. During early morning and until about 10:30 AM, you will have a high percentage of a direct bus. During mid-day is when we have seen the most combined buses with multiple stops. Example: BWI -> Swan > Dolphin > YC > BC.

The other times we have had shared buses is after park closing when the first buses has already departed overfilled! The next group of buses tend to start combining stops.

Dave

MK is the bus that we've shared the least. It's happened but it's more an exception
AK still shares quite often outside of early mornings
DS shares 100%

I'm a little worried because of things I saw in another thread. How worn down/shabby chic are the BWV rooms? Especially the grand villa? I know we won't get towels/mouse cleaning, which we're fine with, but I still want to have a WOW experience with the grand villa! Someone reassure me we won't regret booking it!

I'm a little worried because of things I saw in another thread. How worn down/shabby chic are the BWV rooms? Especially the grand villa? I know we won't get towels/mouse cleaning, which we're fine with, but I still want to have a WOW experience with the grand villa! Someone reassure me we won't regret booking it!

I haven't stayed in a grand villa but I think the Villas are much nicer than the Inn side. DVC rooms do tend to show wear more than regular rooms but they were redone recently and are really nice.

Are you staying on points or paying cash to Disney Reservation Center? If the later, you get a full cleaning every day. If on points, you'll get your trash removed daily, clean towels on day 4. If you are staying eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4. You can always run the towels through the washer if you want clean ones. Or you can buy a towel pack for $6 - four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths, one tub mat.

Are you staying on points or paying cash to Disney Reservation Center? If the later, you get a full cleaning every day. If on points, you'll get your trash removed daily, clean towels on day 4. If you are staying eight nights or more, you get a full cleaning on day 4. You can always run the towels through the washer if you want clean ones. Or you can buy a towel pack for $6 - four bath towels, two hand towels, four face cloths, one tub mat.
We knew about the housekeeping going in and we're fine with that - if anything we would be fine paying for say, a day of housekeeping halfway through. But someone's description of "shabby chic" spooked me I think!

We knew about the housekeeping going in and we're fine with that - if anything we would be fine paying for say, a day of housekeeping halfway through. But someone's description of "shabby chic" spooked me I think!
That shabby chic label doesn't fit at all. It's your home away from home. You don't have a housekeeper come in every day at home, do you? If you do, why are you staying at BWV? Go for the Presidential Suite at the GF.

That shabby chic label doesn't fit at all. It's your home away from home. You don't have a housekeeper come in every day at home, do you? If you do, why are you staying at BWV? Go for the Presidential Suite at the GF.
Yeah, were not worried about the housekeeping - we knew that when booking it. I was more worried about wear and tear. All the pictures and walk through videos look amazing but I have seen a few people say the villas look less well taken care of. But I also don't know if that's necessarily true or just a perception!

We do prefer the boardwalk to the GF, which is a big part of why we booked. It's by far my favorite resort.

You always have the option of purchasing additional housekeeping services on any day. For a Grand Villa it would be $75. Maybe this will help you get the WOW experiencer...

This would include the following:
  • Change the bed linens
  • Vacuum and dust the vacation villa
  • Clean the bathroom(s)
  • Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes
Note: rental guests booking via a Disney resort reservation will receive daily housekeeping services.

Dave

We are really looking forward to our first stay at the BWI next month! I just read a review that this is the only deluxe resort where the pool bar does not have a wait staff, was wondering if this is true? Not that it makes a huge difference but that was something we enjoyed having at the GF and I'd rather know going in whether or not to expect the same here

Just a quick pop in to report that I got our room ready text on the way to work this morning, at 7:45 :)
Granted, this is one time we didn't take an early flight. We don't land until 4:30 this afternoon.
Got the corner room on top of Flying Fish. We've stayed in there several times. Nice location to watch the Boardwalk

Just a quick pop in to report that I got our room ready text on the way to work this morning, at 7:45 :)
Granted, this is one time we didn't take an early flight. We don't land until 4:30 this afternoon.
Got the corner room on top of Flying Fish. We've stayed in there several times. Nice location to watch the Boardwalk
What room request did you give for that location?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter