Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We're BWV owners and it doesn't bother us either. The more people who visit the BoardWalk, the more likely it is that Disney will add back some of the entertainment that they previously offered and stopped offering because of the lower than expected attendance.

35 days til we are at our very first BWI stay!

BWI is a great resort! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Two weeks from today we will be checking in to BWI.

Have a great time :).

Next Friday for us!

Hope you have a great trip :goodvibes.

We are four weeks from today!

You'll be checking in before you know it! Have a great time :).

We loved BW!!! Definitely our new favorite Epcot resort!!! Will definitely be back next summer!!

I'm glad you liked it! Have fun planning next year's trip :wizard:.

I love the pepperoni pizza from the Boardwalk Pizza window. For a good old basic pepperoni pizza, it's hard to beat it. Now, we don't use the dining plan so no help on if it's a good deal or not but it is good food.

We also love the pizza from the Boardwalk window. We always do a full pizza and we don't do the dining plan. But IIRC our friends were on the dining plan and got 1 large pizza, 2 small salads, and 2 sodas for 2 QS credits? I could be wrong but I think that's what she said...this was in 2018.

35 days til we are at our very first BWI stay! We have Garden View - any suggestions for room requests?
I requested the Village Greens (it overlooks the large covered porch and large grassy area where they show the movies at night) and now this is our favorite view. You get a side view of Boardwalk, water and Epcot. You can also see the bicycle rentals from there.

Here are some pics of our room :-) if anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

9A5E3D16-A567-4451-B55F-D02CFF07902B_zpsydl2jwlc.jpg

E527F3EF-A778-483C-B2BC-7EF4BE140DD3_zpsm1rhguvf.jpg

D6A6D9A0-78FB-48E6-B9CC-1D530B7C41F2_zps5nvgnsyg.jpg

E25C7842-D529-4EC0-BCE3-0C371CB4A61E_zpsk43e92kt.jpg

BCBDA9AF-C323-4116-9E55-EC6087846F19_zpscxbusn57.jpg

9BB9CBF8-49DB-4351-B3AE-9E083B548E58_zpsie7zkwls.jpg

EF0FF19D-7A85-48FB-8C50-01819952262D_zpsusglmz19.jpg

180247EE-23B1-468A-A50E-A17C30DB818E_zpsdejttpf8.jpg

BWI - garden view room on the 3rd floor

We arrived via rental car around 6pm but the gate attendant didn’t ask us for our names or ID so I’m wondering how they’ll charge us for parking? I guess once we come in and out thru the gate tomorrow it will trigger something.
We walked over to Epcot and did Soarin’, the park was pretty dead, then walked back to the BW bakery to get some muffins for breakfast. 🙂

BWI - garden view room on the 3rd floor

We arrived via rental car around 6pm but the gate attendant didn’t ask us for our names or ID so I’m wondering how they’ll charge us for parking? I guess once we come in and out thru the gate tomorrow it will trigger something.
We walked over to Epcot and did Soarin’, the park was pretty dead, then walked back to the BW bakery to get some muffins for breakfast. 🙂

No Magic Band either? Usually that's how they connect it, when you arrive they take names OR scan band. Not that guards don't make mistakes and forget to do one or the other

We are staying at BWV in September renting points. We have stayed on the BWI side before and loved it! Does anyone know about where the ice machines are? I've been looking for internal maps online but can't find anything. We would like to put ice in our water bottles each morning before we go to the parks. Thanks!

No Magic Band either? Usually that's how they connect it, when you arrive they take names OR scan band. Not that guards don't make mistakes and forget to do one or the other

Nope, no magic band either. I’m getting ready to run to the grocery so maybe when I scan my band to return it will register? Idk

Nope, no magic band either. I’m getting ready to run to the grocery so maybe when I scan my band to return it will register? Idk
Definite error on the part of the Guard. They are the ones that are capturing who drives in. But, this is why it's often not charged even when guests have a car. They make mistakes
I love the BWI rooms so much! I dread the inevitable day that they go thru refurb and we lose the carpet and wallpaper.
LOL, And I'm counting down the days till they do. I love no carpet in the rooms.

I got a rental car for just one night back in Jan at beach club. After I picked it up (at Dolphin) and went back to BC, I didn't speak to the guard, I just scanned myself in the gate with my MB and went on through. Is there a reason you need to go to the guard at all?

I got a rental car for just one night back in Jan at beach club. After I picked it up (at Dolphin) and went back to BC, I didn't speak to the guard, I just scanned myself in the gate with my MB and went on through. Is there a reason you need to go to the guard at all?
Sometimes the Magic Bands won't open the gate when you arrive the first time so you have to speak to a guard to get in. I've noticed 50/50 if it works or not.

I requested the Village Greens (it overlooks the large covered porch and large grassy area where they show the movies at night) and now this is our favorite view. You get a side view of Boardwalk, water and Epcot. You can also see the bicycle rentals from there.

This is my favorite view also. Have requested it again for our stay the 20-27th. Hope we get it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!