Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Our family stayed at BWV in January 2017 and loved it. Would not want to stay anywhere else in WDW. I'm starting to think about possibly coming back in Sept/Oct or early December next year (2020) and so have started my research. One of our favourite parts of staying at BWV was being able to use the IG entrance to EPCOT. It was so easy and we never had to wait long to get in, if any time at all. So I'm alarmed to read that the new Skyline Gondola is going to have an EPCOT station at the IG entrance. It seems that the gondola is going to be the transport to EPCOT for Riviera, POP, AoA and CBR - four massive resorts so potentially masses of guests using that entry to get into EPCOT. So is will this be the end of the special little & easy entrance perk that the Crescent Lake resorts guests benefited from?

Our family stayed at BWV in January 2017 and loved it. Would not want to stay anywhere else in WDW. I'm starting to think about possibly coming back in Sept/Oct or early December next year (2020) and so have started my research. One of our favourite parts of staying at BWV was being able to use the IG entrance to EPCOT. It was so easy and we never had to wait long to get in, if any time at all. So I'm alarmed to read that the new Skyline Gondola is going to have an EPCOT station at the IG entrance. It seems that the gondola is going to be the transport to EPCOT for Riviera, POP, AoA and CBR - four massive resorts so potentially masses of guests using that entry to get into EPCOT. So is will this be the end of the special little & easy entrance perk that the Crescent Lake resorts guests benefited from?

I think the only time you may see crowds is at opening. Other than that the entrance should still be great throughout the day. Guests won't constantly be coming from those other resorts in large enough numbers all day to make a difference.

I believe Disney expects increased traffic flow at IG since they are reworking the entrance. Hopefully more tap stiles and security checkpoints are being added.

I read somewhere that they are adding additional tapstyles, and that the people coming from the skyline (and maybe even the friendship boats) will have already been through security, so possibly only the walkers will have to go through bag check at IG.
Thankfully, the gondolas don’t each hold a ton of people, so after the initial opening of the park (when people are waiting for it to open), there won’t ever be a large number of people coming all at once like when the monorail or ferry arrives at MK.

I'm sure there will some increase but it's nothing like an entire monorail or ferry dumping in to the IG at once.
The gondolas are small and will be a trickle of guests off loading vs. a dumping of a large volume.
It shouldn't be a huge overwhelming overload that will cause a huge line

I'm sure there will some increase but it's nothing like an entire monorail or ferry dumping in to the IG at once.
The gondolas are small and will be a trickle of guests off loading vs. a dumping of a large volume.
It shouldn't be a huge overwhelming overload that will cause a huge line

This is what I am hoping too. It looks like the gondolas will not be dropping hoards of people at once. Each gondola holds 8-10 people, so shouldn't be too bad.

It will also depend on how much stuff the people riding the gondolas are carrying with them. If they carry a lot of junk, it will slow down the bag check area. They usually make everyone entering there go through the scanner.

I think the only time you may see crowds is at opening. Other than that the entrance should still be great throughout the day. Guests won't constantly be coming from those other resorts in large enough numbers all day to make a difference.
I hope you are right but I think with 3 Resorts now having access PLUS people at HS who may park hop just to use gondola (though its not direct), will impact. All depends how it is staffed and hopefully spread out more so there is a no bag line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!