Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I don’t think you can use the dining plan for that food place on the Boardwalk. (The To Go kiosk.)

The To Go cart doesn't take meal credits, but it does take snack credits on a few things. I think fries and drinks.

Hi All! We're booked for BW in December 2019! I am super excited but a little nervous as we aren't too familiar with this resort! We have stayed at YC previously and i love the location!

My one question is about the lack of QS options. We'll have the dining plan and a picky kid with us. He lives off of chicken tenders and I'm not sure where the closest option is. I'm sure I can find stuff at the bakery for him like plain croissants as well as I know about the pizza take out window which we'll use but also hoping there is at least the option of chicken tenders somewhere close... I know hurricane hanna's at YC/BC is an option and I don't mind the occasional walk but if we do that daily, I'm considering trying to move to that resort again.

Also for those who have stayed at YC or BC previously, do you prefer BW? I am still thinking YC is our first choice just for convenience- but it didn't have a lot of personality IMO.. we did like the pool, QS options and area but BW seems to have a unique charm that a lot of ppl love.. so I'm torn :(

TIA for your help!
Christine

We really liked the YC but the BW is now our favorite EPCOT resort.

The YC was very quiet, a nice respite. We love the BW location, atmosphere and the BWV. We are totally addicted to the 1BD villa; so much space, full kitchen, laundry and so much space!

Cross posted from the CL thread but realized it probably should be here too

These stinkers at lounge
Look what we came back to tonight
CF3C62A8-25FB-4CE2-B589-25C9ECA53A61.jpg

And this is what the inside of the card says
EA0CEB75-F34B-4307-BC60-E7D0F4D7625C.jpg

We are currently waiting to see exactly what they have arranged for then to bring - it was a bottle of champagne. Sort of could figure it out from the glasses

Staying in a Villas studio in a week... coffee aficionados... can you please share the type of coffee maker and frequency of refill? Assuming they charge if requesting more than the standard refill. Staying on rented points. Thanks!

We really liked the YC but the BW is now our favorite EPCOT resort.

The YC was very quiet, a nice respite. We love the BW location, atmosphere and the BWV. We are totally addicted to the 1BD villa; so much space, full kitchen, laundry and so much space!

I even like the big master closet in the BW 1 and 2 bedrooms.

Staying in a Villas studio in a week... coffee aficionados... can you please share the type of coffee maker and frequency of refill? Assuming they charge if requesting more than the standard refill. Staying on rented points. Thanks!

I think it’s a Mr coffee 6-8 cup. They leave 1 maybe 2 each of the regular and decaf Joffrey coffee pouches. They don’t replenish daily. I leave a note asking for more pouches and a tip for whoever comes to check the room and remove trash. They leave quite a few pouches along with coffee service supplyes. You might want to bring the basket type filters and your own favorite coffee. We have a French press in our owners locker and also bring the coffee and chicory coffee brand my husband prefers so he’s happy. They have 4 ceramic coffee cups so you don’t have to resort to paper coffee cups.

I think it’s a Mr coffee 6-8 cup. They leave 1 maybe 2 each of the regular and decaf Joffrey coffee pouches. They don’t replenish daily. I leave a note asking for more pouches and a tip for whoever comes to check the room and remove trash. They leave quite a few pouches along with coffee service supplyes. You might want to bring the basket type filters and your own favorite coffee. We have a French press in our owners locker and also bring the coffee and chicory coffee brand my husband prefers so he’s happy. They have 4 ceramic coffee cups so you don’t have to resort to paper coffee cups.

The studios generally have the 4-cup Mr. Coffee pots, but if you’d like the 10-12 cup just call Housekeeping and they’ll bring you one. We too bring our own (flat bottom) filters and coffee — we like coffee & chicory in the morning and decaf at night — as well as sweetener and powdered creamer so that we’re sure to have enough. Remember, the DVC villas are intended to be “home away from home” (like a rented cottage at the beach, for instance), not hotel rooms, so they’re minimally supplied and serviced (except for the daily security checks, of course :crazy2:).

If you need more coffee than they leave you (usually one or two pouches for each service day), you can purchase more or bring your own coffee. Since BWV is a timeshare, members pay for anything extra other than what the usual services provide. Each pouch makes 4-6 cups of coffee, maybe a bit more. If you want more than that, like every day, you'll need to purchase more on your own. If you stay on a cash reservation through Disney and not a reservation through DVC (like points or cash through DVC), you would get daily service and you would be able to just ask for more towels, coffee, laundry detergent. Not on points.

Here is the pay to play information:
Laundry and Housekeeping Services

Disney Vacation Club Resorts offer laundry and housekeeping services. Daily housekeeping service is not provided for Members.

A 24-hour self-service laundry room is available at each Disney Vacation Club Resort. There are also dry-cleaning and valet laundry services. Villas with one or more bedrooms feature an in-unit washer and dryer.

Trash & Towel Service
For stays of 7 nights or fewer, Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 4, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both.

With Trash & Towel Service, Housekeeping will:

· Empty trash and replace liners in trash bins

· Provide fresh bathroom linens

· Replace bath amenities as needed

· Replenish facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper

· Replenish coffee, sugar, cream and sweeteners

Full-Cleaning Service
For stays of 8 or more nights, Full-Cleaning Service is provided on day 4 and Trash & Towel Service is provided on day 8, regardless of whether you're staying on a Member-discounted cash reservation, Vacation Points reservation, or a combination of both. This cycle repeats for stays longer than 8 days.

With Full-Cleaning Service, Housekeeping will provide everything included with the Trash & Towel Service, plus:

· Change the bed linens

· Vacuum and dust the vacation villa

· Clean the bathroom(s)

· Clean the kitchen/kitchenette and wash the dishes

For all stays regardless of the length of the stay, daily trash removal will be provided. Rental Guests (non-Members or Disney Vacation Club Members not booking through Membership) receive Full-Cleaning Services every day.

For all of the above, additional Housekeeping Services may be purchased.

Additional Housekeeping Service Daily Rates:

· Deluxe Studio: $30 per day requested

· 1-Bedroom Villa: $45 per day requested

· 2-Bedroom Villa: $60 per day requested

· 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $75 per day requested

Additional Trash & Towel Service Rates:

· Deluxe Studio: $10 per day requested

· 1-Bedroom Villa: $15 per day requested

· 2-Bedroom Villa: $20 per day requested

· 3-Bedroom Grand Villa: $30 per day requested

Pay As You Play
With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities at no extra charge at the start of your stay and during each Housekeeping service. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

· Toiletries Package: $5 - includes 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel

· Coffee Package: $3 - includes 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners

· Towel Package: $6 - includes 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

· 2 Bathrobes: $6

· Laundry Detergent (only in 1-, 2- and 3-Bedroom Villas): $1 - includes 1 box for 1 load of laundry

NOTE: Rates are subject to change without notice.

I created a separate thread with this question, but just found this one and figure that the experts here would know!

We're considering buying BWV resale, for the express purpose if being able to get a 3BR or even 2BR Boardwalk view overlapping Wine & Dine weekend each year.

Before we pull the trigger, I want to get a sense of the odds of actually being able to get this choice at 11 mos. -- the 3BR Grand Villa in particular. Are there so few at this busy time that we still might not be able to book this successfully at 11mos.?

I created a separate thread with this question, but just found this one and figure that the experts here would know!

We're considering buying BWV resale, for the express purpose if being able to get a 3BR or even 2BR Boardwalk view overlapping Wine & Dine weekend each year.

Before we pull the trigger, I want to get a sense of the odds of actually being able to get this choice at 11 mos. -- the 3BR Grand Villa in particular. Are there so few at this busy time that we still might not be able to book this successfully at 11mos.?

I can't speak specifically to the 3BR grand villa, but I would caution against buying DVC points if you only want one specific room type at one specific time of the year. Especially food and wine.

You'll get better responses on the DVC Boards. Ask to have your question moved over there.

I can't speak specifically to the 3BR grand villa, but I would caution against buying DVC points if you only want one specific room type at one specific time of the year. Especially food and wine.
Thx for the response. We’ve owned DVC since 2006 so we know how things generally work. But we basically did just that for BLT 2BR MK view over the summer and get it every year without any problem at all. But there are more units in that category at BLT which is why I was wondering about BWV.

And as I said, we could make a 3BR or a 2BR work, so it’s not just one room type. Maybe I’ll get some specific answers over on the DVC board in my original thread. Thx!

We are planning on maybe staying in the 1 bedroom villas in July. Are the room entries located inside like they are for the reg rooms or are they outside like they are for Saratoga & Key West resorts?

We are planning on maybe staying in the 1 bedroom villas in July. Are the room entries located inside like they are for the reg rooms or are they outside like they are for Saratoga & Key West resorts?
It's one large building with inside corridors. Only Saratoga Springs and Old Key West have outside corridors with entries like an apartment or condo complex.

Does anyone have an old map or aerial photo of Boardwalk Inn from back before the Villas were added? If so, can you please post it? I know I was there back around the time that BWI was new but my memory is foggy and I'd love a refresh so that I can compare how things have changed. TIA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter