Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

:wave:Just back from a wonderful BWI stay!
This was a birthday/spring break trip split with Universal. Uni was fun but I was so happy to be back at the Boardwalk. We had the best weather. It was just beautiful!!:beach: A little chilly for the pool but otherwise fantastic.

We tried the new pizza and the kids liked the meatball sub but said the pizza was okay. Love Boardwalk Bakery as always and got my favorite cupcake. The kids enjoyed Ample Hills. We really love the nighttime atmosphere at the Boardwalk.:flower:
We really wanted to try the walk up breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, but time got away from us. :P
Housekeeping was great too.

We will be back as part of our summer split stay with the Poly, so we won't have to wait long to see the Boardwalk again. One of our faves!:banana:

Last edited:
Recently booked BWI for our July trip and very excited to follow along. It will be me, DH, and DD16, DS13. HS is our favorite park and we've never stayed in this area. A few things we're doing to take advantage of the location include 3 days at HS and EP and Trattoria breakfast.
We saw folks eating Trattoria BF at their outside patio and it looked delish!

:wave:Just back from a wonderful BWI stay!
This was a birthday/spring break trip split with Universal. Uni was fun but I was so happy to be back at the Boardwalk. We had the best weather. It was just beautiful!!:beach: A little chilly for the pool but otherwise fantastic.

We tried the new pizza and the kids liked the meatball sub but said the pizza was okay. Love Boardwalk Bakery as always and got my favorite cupcake. The kids enjoyed Ample Hills. We really love the nighttime atmosphere at the Boardwalk.:flower:
We really wanted to try the walk up breakfast at Trattoria al Forno, but time got away from us. :P
Housekeeping was great too.

We will be back as part of our summer split stay with the Poly, so we won't have to wait long to see the Boardwalk again. One of our faves!:banana:

Glad you had a great birthday/spring break trip! Hope you have a great time this summer back at both BWI and Poly :goodvibes.

Recently booked BWI for our July trip and very excited to follow along. It will be me, DH, and DD16, DS13. HS is our favorite park and we've never stayed in this area. A few things we're doing to take advantage of the location include 3 days at HS and EP and Trattoria breakfast.

BWI is a beautiful resort! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Room view question:

We are staying in a Club level deluxe that sleeps 6. What is our view most likely? Are there options I can request?

Thanks!

CaLuCa. If you have a deluxe club room, you will have a Boardwalk view. Most trips we stay in a deluxe room. The view is the best. Some have said it is noisy but I think the boat horns and big band music add to the ambiance. There are five rooms on the third floor and five rooms on the fourth floor. The lounge is on the fourth floor so if you want to be on the same floor as the lounge you could request that. The third floor rooms do have bigger balconies if that is a concern as well. Whatever you choose enjoy!:sunny:

Ohhh, just what I wanted to read! Thank you, sfbank!

We stayed at the Dolphin this weekend and really loved it. My kids and I are very excited to do the Boardwalk! I think we'll just roll the dice with the closer to the lounge versus bigger balcony.

One more question...Fireworks view? Can you see much?

A little bit of the Heavenly Ever After higher ones we have been able to see from the deluxe view balconies—to see Illumiations if you do not want to go into EPCOT, you can watch them from the Innkeepers lounge balcony.

Would any of you kind people be willing to keep
An eye out for the Boardwalk magnet on your upcoming trips? I can PayPal money for the magnet and shipping if you come across it. The girl at the gift shop said they had some a couple of days before but when I checked they had none.

Attachments

• FC779BE7-E50B-4F0B-BE22-2373F3A6CA0E.jpeg
    FC779BE7-E50B-4F0B-BE22-2373F3A6CA0E.jpeg
    96.6 KB · Views: 25
An eye out for the Boardwalk magnet on your upcoming trips? I can PayPal money for the magnet and shipping if you come across it. The girl at the gift shop said they had some a couple of days before but when I checked they had none.
We just left but I will check this summer. It would be great if you could sending me a reminder. We Arrive 6/29.

Going tomorrow. Just message me your address and I would love to send you one as a gift!

Going tomorrow. Just message me your address and I would love to send you one as a gift!
Oh wow! That’s such a nice gesture! Thank you so much! I’m assuming there’s a way to DM Someone here so I will figure it out. Almost everything I wanted to buy in the parks on the app was” in store only” but this I could not find.

Can anyone tell me the set up of the Garden cottages? As in, on the website it looks like it has a kitchenette? Also is the bathroom upstairs or downstairs? It says room occupancy 2, does this mean no exceptions? Does the couch downstairs fold out. We have myself, DH, DS10, DD1. BWI regular room just doesn't fit our family now, last trip DH snoring kept everyone up. BC CL 1 bedroom is my preference, but DH loved BWI and would like to go back. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me the set up of the Garden cottages? As in, on the website it looks like it has a kitchenette? Also is the bathroom upstairs or downstairs? It says room occupancy 2, does this mean no exceptions? Does the couch downstairs fold out. We have myself, DH, DS10, DD1. BWI regular room just doesn't fit our family now, last trip DH snoring kept everyone up. BC CL 1 bedroom is my preference, but DH loved BWI and would like to go back. Thanks!
It has a small sink and microwave, not really a kitchenette like most think of one
It has half bath downstairs (or was that a shower in there too?, my memory is failing, sorry) and full bath upstairs. It's an open loft so you'd still hear snoring by the way.
You can't book them with more than 2 even though the couch does fold out. Disney is funny with exceptions for occupancy limits. They don't make them. Even when they are set by Disney and not the fire marshal, as in this case.

If you like BWI why not book a 1 BR at the BWV?

Thanks so much AngiTN for the info! We like the CL at BWI.....I wish they had more options for families. I hadn't realized it was open either Thanks again

Thanks so much AngiTN for the info! We like the CL at BWI.....I wish they had more options for families. I hadn't realized it was open either Thanks again
Yeah, totally get ya there.

The Deluxe room would be about the same really. Other than the extra bath (or half bath). You have the sleeper sofa and no it's not separated by a loft you have a separation of sorts. If you haven't tried one of those that may work for you. And they are a lot less money.

It has a small sink and microwave, not really a kitchenette like most think of one
It has half bath downstairs (or was that a shower in there too?, my memory is failing, sorry) and full bath upstairs. It's an open loft so you'd still hear snoring by the way.
You can't book them with more than 2 even though the couch does fold out. Disney is funny with exceptions for occupancy limits. They don't make them. Even when they are set by Disney and not the fire marshal, as in this case.

If you like BWI why not book a 1 BR at the BWV?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter