Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We will be back at BWI in 9 days! :cool1: Woo-hoo! This will be the first time I've been at Disney for my birthday :jumping1:

Any word on how the gondola construction is (or isn't) impacting the walk to IG? Looking forward to being back home!!

Have a great trip! I’ve been checking the weather since our trip is so close and it’s looking so nice and warm! :sunny:

I spent my last birthday at Disney (November) and it was so fun! It was the first time I’ve been able to lay at the pool on my birthday lol.

Have a great trip! I’ve been checking the weather since our trip is so close and it’s looking so nice and warm! :sunny:

I spent my last birthday at Disney (November) and it was so fun! It was the first time I’ve been able to lay at the pool on my birthday lol.
Thank you!
Sounds like a relaxing birthday for you! :beach::drinking1

Yes, the weather looks great for next week. I'm pretty excited!!:cool1:

Is the Lounge located right off the lobby?
Sort of. I wouldn't say "right off" but it's near by. There's a short hallway between the lobby and the lounge. You do have to pass it to reach the elevator to the rooms on the Inn side, and it's right next to the inside stairs that go down to the Boardwalk level

We will be back at BWI in 9 days! :cool1: Woo-hoo! This will be the first time I've been at Disney for my birthday :jumping1:

Any word on how the gondola construction is (or isn't) impacting the walk to IG? Looking forward to being back home!!
It's a great place to spend a birthday (I go every year). This year they are even going to open GE, just for little old me (my birthday is 8/28, LOL)

There's been no impact on IG, unless you count seeing walls having an impact.

It's a great place to spend a birthday (I go every year). This year they are even going to open GE, just for little old me (my birthday is 8/28, LOL)

There's been no impact on IG, unless you count seeing walls having an impact.
Great, Thank you! Walls are no problem. :thumbsup2
I'm glad we get a few more stays before the gondolas open. I hope the impact is minimal but we will roll with it!

What a great birthday present Disney is giving you! You are so lucky!! Have a fabulous birthday!:cake:

Heading “Home” next week, BWV 1 bdrm standard view (DVC points rental) and celebrating our 30th anniversary. What type of coffee maker do the rooms have. Two yrs ago they were the disc packet things so I packed reg. ground coffee. I saw somewhere in these threads that BWI had switched to keurigs. I’m busy packing up now and can’t wait!

Heading “Home” next week, BWV 1 bdrm standard view (DVC points rental) and celebrating our 30th anniversary. What type of coffee maker do the rooms have. Two yrs ago they were the disc packet things so I packed reg. ground coffee. I saw somewhere in these threads that BWI had switched to keurigs. I’m busy packing up now and can’t wait!

Villas are still the regular pots, so grounds and normal filters will work fine.

If you want more than 4-6 cups of coffee every four days, bring your own coffee and filters (flat bottom basket style - like Mr Coffee). You'll probably have a 10-12 cup coffee maker.

Minnie Van can be first. Just download the app and set up your account
You select Minnie Van as a class of service

Angi, I thought something had to be done to activate the Minnie Van function?

Man, I'm always a step behind. Thanks
Yeah, you don't even have to be a resort guest to use it now. Off-site guests can use it if they want to go from various places while they are on property, for example. Granted, the expansion has made it a bit harder to get them at times but it is nice that everyone can use them too.

We may have a new Walt Disney World favorite resort!! We did a split stay, POR followed by a studio at the BWV. Wow! It felt like such a huge upgrade checking in at BW after our first four nights at POR. Not to knock, POR, we have stayed there numerous times through the years and have many happy memories there! We did not put in a request at BW as not being familiar with the layout I didn't really have a firm grasp on where we wanted to be. We ended up in room #1042 on the Villa side. This was a room only reservation booked directly through Disney. It was only a few rooms from the elevator and walkway to the boardwalk and also had a view of the Luna Park Pool. We loved the location and the room! The walk to and from HS and Epcot was so convenient. We can't wait to go back, especially as the kids get older and their interest is now definitely more in line with HS and EP! To all of you with upcoming trips-enjoy! It will be amazing!!
I'd love to share a few pics I took:
Coffee on our patio:
7ZRbnHVAFuaCRDGca21WvxIZCdQN38aKkIPAWYqBQCH4V_k_CkBTO_o9vEwkc5w1UYN0mAljHbmz-X__rBVobIzBXq9mvDrz7Z-D69-5RpbGuxKAyuFk6e0vADqi2o0K6qQgvNe_WVccdOBYkNHyNC_tGU8smKCStuKkAI7M34bUu9tSZBS8SLqQprAxgI3kOdPnSD7wabcO9AQQy45yglrUqmkUgvKBNrzVDxxzY4505edXVqOdtmpKQyj4_7f-syQta0kJ0ikvAwtpROKm9D4P0eAJF7ThrFjA_vAA64qMHf8bTKH5doRl5iHqUynNsZEKbicgvMAmjKL7XeZ5uZLRDMpc5YrKSpEKfHABd-91L9eIFwnngjfZHhFnuUzNDgjXhL2DIlX43IHcgyyikwkuPzJmrmIUDuzgkZ2cj6_8E3E72pJKiKMHke1_PXIVztyVDs6ffOvvDBOIEE8hp4IOV6IJiG3XDtzd8y1zn3jLLLu3zNCBfVRGpOrtrD-KBqTba1DRNERU-N74nxmv1W65gIQX8y9eGBTgZnPdXixyLUliFuJ3PDswgXDlAf3tAcn4lfUFsGDRGOj8-z68fnnr3HxUDAG6oyayVIdlvMUCn_kVzxpTyxp0B2zTGI_9ALMcj-buHwpmi_8a4ZycDf3Z-MqWTKo5=w703-h937-no

Morning on the BoardWalk:
fniJVWDMnroK2t5bZHmuN2ziYaHlaRSm9fvCXJlQaHG96NyhOAfHRE5tiMjHcLcrNE95ZWSjaPLn_GL8NqeAj68XR6_Q5KMuAWl6zo0cxH3abpLBQ6peVP1Sk47ub3VBpRh7DS3J7vS0KVcdZVvV9DFbFGpfIXvpacsve59kmHubFdQt2LKxytGOedtJmdvS2SQtxKkaMIKnUpE5vZctbuw6Ox1Nqu_-t7VycPCDoayjQHu4FUQBDslCb5eQVhZGzSx8dOYIiLoqrQFmoo64y0lliv5b8SMEObqtCT6I2j6BHuyYiJ4GY2N7XovJZu3iB2qceODfJ6D9OAQq3w8pC27fzQPoq4i-YD32nlgWvCsSbYrZ-81eCAcqoLQlxr9Y5ioteSvtpKtqBgXx0udSqOUIgA9-bCJp-XTcjmyaOBOprAn2TVYVkjIKJMxFw-34GZ53UoInbfRuHTa9OpggdpFLnPfeDM1M6abZhfQK0J1hzMdobyLsexRM-AZDKBV0myisSJy5NHkCB2zwFxx5vdVrUzS-87agUjhixKCuaNwPy1Uf8tYsv0O5RAx7hYOZ-lMmh_Mh6GZ-fFzCOahKvtGdGDrXJ5clLSHNEwoi7S1ScVbfIDXuZLorwR-hAxt_ahw5_V3h1XKptZvIo0DY9i9T0ht-tChW=w703-h937-no

We may have a new Walt Disney World favorite resort!! We did a split stay, POR followed by a studio at the BWV. Wow! It felt like such a huge upgrade checking in at BW after our first four nights at POR. Not to knock, POR, we have stayed there numerous times through the years and have many happy memories there! We did not put in a request at BW as not being familiar with the layout I didn't really have a firm grasp on where we wanted to be. We ended up in room #1042 on the Villa side. This was a room only reservation booked directly through Disney. It was only a few rooms from the elevator and walkway to the boardwalk and also had a view of the Luna Park Pool. We loved the location and the room! The walk to and from HS and Epcot was so convenient. We can't wait to go back, especially as the kids get older and their interest is now definitely more in line with HS and EP! To all of you with upcoming trips-enjoy! It will be amazing!!
I'd love to share a few pics I took:
Coffee on our patio:
7ZRbnHVAFuaCRDGca21WvxIZCdQN38aKkIPAWYqBQCH4V_k_CkBTO_o9vEwkc5w1UYN0mAljHbmz-X__rBVobIzBXq9mvDrz7Z-D69-5RpbGuxKAyuFk6e0vADqi2o0K6qQgvNe_WVccdOBYkNHyNC_tGU8smKCStuKkAI7M34bUu9tSZBS8SLqQprAxgI3kOdPnSD7wabcO9AQQy45yglrUqmkUgvKBNrzVDxxzY4505edXVqOdtmpKQyj4_7f-syQta0kJ0ikvAwtpROKm9D4P0eAJF7ThrFjA_vAA64qMHf8bTKH5doRl5iHqUynNsZEKbicgvMAmjKL7XeZ5uZLRDMpc5YrKSpEKfHABd-91L9eIFwnngjfZHhFnuUzNDgjXhL2DIlX43IHcgyyikwkuPzJmrmIUDuzgkZ2cj6_8E3E72pJKiKMHke1_PXIVztyVDs6ffOvvDBOIEE8hp4IOV6IJiG3XDtzd8y1zn3jLLLu3zNCBfVRGpOrtrD-KBqTba1DRNERU-N74nxmv1W65gIQX8y9eGBTgZnPdXixyLUliFuJ3PDswgXDlAf3tAcn4lfUFsGDRGOj8-z68fnnr3HxUDAG6oyayVIdlvMUCn_kVzxpTyxp0B2zTGI_9ALMcj-buHwpmi_8a4ZycDf3Z-MqWTKo5=w703-h937-no

Morning on the BoardWalk:
fniJVWDMnroK2t5bZHmuN2ziYaHlaRSm9fvCXJlQaHG96NyhOAfHRE5tiMjHcLcrNE95ZWSjaPLn_GL8NqeAj68XR6_Q5KMuAWl6zo0cxH3abpLBQ6peVP1Sk47ub3VBpRh7DS3J7vS0KVcdZVvV9DFbFGpfIXvpacsve59kmHubFdQt2LKxytGOedtJmdvS2SQtxKkaMIKnUpE5vZctbuw6Ox1Nqu_-t7VycPCDoayjQHu4FUQBDslCb5eQVhZGzSx8dOYIiLoqrQFmoo64y0lliv5b8SMEObqtCT6I2j6BHuyYiJ4GY2N7XovJZu3iB2qceODfJ6D9OAQq3w8pC27fzQPoq4i-YD32nlgWvCsSbYrZ-81eCAcqoLQlxr9Y5ioteSvtpKtqBgXx0udSqOUIgA9-bCJp-XTcjmyaOBOprAn2TVYVkjIKJMxFw-34GZ53UoInbfRuHTa9OpggdpFLnPfeDM1M6abZhfQK0J1hzMdobyLsexRM-AZDKBV0myisSJy5NHkCB2zwFxx5vdVrUzS-87agUjhixKCuaNwPy1Uf8tYsv0O5RAx7hYOZ-lMmh_Mh6GZ-fFzCOahKvtGdGDrXJ5clLSHNEwoi7S1ScVbfIDXuZLorwR-hAxt_ahw5_V3h1XKptZvIo0DY9i9T0ht-tChW=w703-h937-no

Look at that blue sky reflecting in the lake.....:cloud9:.....beautiful!!!

Can’t wait to get back!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts