Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hey All!
Can someone help me with BWI?
First time arriving Wednesday. We got a garden view room. My hubby recently had back surgery and we'd like to be as close to the area where we'd walk outside to go to the boat as possible, and also walk out to get a pastry. We're unfamiliar with which rooms to request (using Touring plans room request)

Any suggestions would be great!

How to I request a specific room at BWI club?
Call and ask for it
Realize the odds are incredibly low you'll get it so it's an awful good idea to give them why you like that room so they can provide back up choices.

Hey All!
Can someone help me with BWI?
First time arriving Wednesday. We got a garden view room. My hubby recently had back surgery and we'd like to be as close to the area where we'd walk outside to go to the boat as possible, and also walk out to get a pastry. We're unfamiliar with which rooms to request (using Touring plans room request)

Any suggestions would be great!
2nd floor, near lobby is going to be your best bet. You'll have to use the elevator to go down to the 1st floor to get the boat launch.
Don't confuse the 1st floor rooms as being the same either. It's different elevator access so if you had a room on the 1st floor you'd have to take an elevator up to the 2nd floor and then another elevator down to the 1st floor. So stick to the 2nd floor.

Hey everyone, we’re staying at Boardwalk villas for the first time. We have a 1BR standard view booked. I’d love to be closer to lobby, and I’m assuming there aren’t any hidden views, but anyone have a suggestion I should request?

Hey everyone, we’re staying at Boardwalk villas for the first time. We have a 1BR standard view booked. I’d love to be closer to lobby, and I’m assuming there aren’t any hidden views, but anyone have a suggestion I should request?
Is this a points reservation through DVC or a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center. It will make a difference.

It’s cash through DRC
Then more than likely it will be a pool/garden view and not the parking lot view like DVC members get when they book a standard view. You might just want to request near elevator.

We have a 1 Bedroom Villa (Garden or Pool View). This will be my first time staying here. Can someone help me with requests? Looking for a room that's close to the main lobby/check-in if possible. If not possible, just the best overall location that isn't too far from the Boardwalk. TIA:) The room was booked with points, if that makes a difference.

Last edited:
We have a 1 Bedroom Villa (Garden or Pool View). This will be my first time staying here. Can someone help me with requests? Looking for a room that's close to the main lobby/check-in if possible. If not possible, just the best overall location that isn't too far from the Boardwalk. TIA:) The room was booked with points, if that makes a difference.
Close to elevator will give you the most centrally located villa.

We are going from Boardwalk to Ohana for dinner on our arrival day. We'd like to use the Minnie van service. My question is, do I have to have already used Lyft before or can this Minnie van ride be my first trip with the Lyft app?

We are going from Boardwalk to Ohana for dinner on our arrival day. We'd like to use the Minnie van service. My question is, do I have to have already used Lyft before or can this Minnie van ride be my first trip with the Lyft app?
Minnie Van can be first. Just download the app and set up your account
You select Minnie Van as a class of service

We will be back at BWI in 9 days! :cool1: Woo-hoo! This will be the first time I've been at Disney for my birthday :jumping1:

Any word on how the gondola construction is (or isn't) impacting the walk to IG? Looking forward to being back home!!

How exciting! Hope you have a great birthday trip :cake: :banana:.

I can't comment on the gondola construction, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.

How exciting! Hope you have a great birthday trip :cake: :banana:.

I can't comment on the gondola construction, but hopefully others will be able to help :flower3:.
Thank you! We were supposed to go to Uni only but since the day we would leave would be my birthday, I just couldn't spend it driving home :charac2:.
So I added 4 nights at Disney lol!!! My husband just rolled his eyes :rolleyes: but now he's excited too. Gotta love him! :love2:

Thank you! We were supposed to go to Uni only but since the day we would leave would be my birthday, I just couldn't spend it driving home :charac2:.
So I added 4 nights at Disney lol!!! My husband just rolled his eyes :rolleyes: but now he's excited too. Gotta love him! :love2:

I don't blame you, I wouldn't want to spend my birthday driving home, either......definitely better to be at Disney ::yes::. Your DH sounds like mine. I've changed resorts, added nights, etc and he just shakes his head. He tells me to just let him know once things are finalized so he can let work know dates he'll be gone :laughing:. Sounds like an awesome trip you have planned, have a great time :goodvibes.

There is nothing better than celebrating a birthday at Disney.
:bday:

I agree.....although I haven't spent a birthday at Disney...yet ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter