Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hello- I'm new here! We have booked a trip for next summer 7/31-8/6 and are staying at the BWV in a Deluxe Studio with a standard view. We are a family of 5 and the "kids" will be 20,17 & 15. We booked through our travel agent and originally we were going to stay in an all star suite, but with the free food it was the same price to stay at BWV when we upgraded our dining package, sowe decided to stay closer to the action. This trip is my middle daughter's senior trip and we plan on doing some of her senior photos while we are there(my dh is a photographer), any advice on best places around the resort? What are some of your best tips? We will be getting groceries delivered so that we can have breakfast in the room. We haven't been to Disney since 2008 and I know a lot has changed. I'm so excited to be finally returning to WDW but a tad over whelmed too!!!

The Boardwalk has a lot of great places for pics!
Inside the hotel there is the fireplace in the lobby flanked the "scary chairs" or on the balcony of the Belle Vue lounge.
On the Inn side there is the garden area by the steps going down toward the quiet pool or by the cute little cottages-each with their own garden & picket fence.
Out by the boardwalk there is the gazebo by the water or the village green or on the boardwalk itself w/ Epcot's "golf ball" in the background.
DH & I's favorite place for Boardwalk pics though isn't actually on the boardwalk. Go over to the Yacht/Beach Resort-standing on the beach or the dock w/ the lighthouse gets you a great picture of yourselves w/ the water & most of the Boardwalk resort behind you.

Enjoy your trip!!

Now that I've had time to Digest the whole week, here's my thought on the Boardwalk Inn:
We stayed Club Level, room #4253. It was just inside the Inn Keeper Club door. We book a standard CL and requested a Boardwalk view which is exactly what we got. The room was spacious and comfy, and we did get a Boardwalk view, albeit a small balcony. It looked like there were only 2 rooms with this balcony, but it was fine. Noise was not an issue at all, EXCEPT for the morning of the 10k that ran through the Boardwalk itself. Lots of hooting an hollering. We just went out on the balcony and watched for a bit. It was fun.
The CL staff were amazing! the food and beverage options were exceptional, and I loved having the New York Times to read every morning.
Being able to walk into Epcot was worth the price in and of itself. Plus it was a 15 min walk to HS. We had our own car, so I can't comment on the bus situation, but my main complaint about BWI is the location of the parking lot from the lobby. I realize this is a minor complaint, but it was a pain at the end of the day.
The only other "complaint" is the lack of a true quick service in the building. You could get your mugs refilled at Bell Vue Lounge, but their selection was limited. It is a long walk to to the boardwalk bakery for morning coffee. Luckily, we had the CL, so we had very close access to coffee.
We ate at Flying Fish , and it was better than I could have hoped.
All in all, the BWI is a marvelous resort that we would not hesitate to stay in again.

Now that I've had time to Digest the whole week, here's my thought on the Boardwalk Inn:
We stayed Club Level, room #4253. It was just inside the Inn Keeper Club door. We book a standard CL and requested a Boardwalk view which is exactly what we got. The room was spacious and comfy, and we did get a Boardwalk view, albeit a small balcony. It looked like there were only 2 rooms with this balcony, but it was fine. Noise was not an issue at all, EXCEPT for the morning of the 10k that ran through the Boardwalk itself. Lots of hooting an hollering. We just went out on the balcony and watched for a bit. It was fun.
The CL staff were amazing! the food and beverage options were exceptional, and I loved having the New York Times to read every morning.
Being able to walk into Epcot was worth the price in and of itself. Plus it was a 15 min walk to HS. We had our own car, so I can't comment on the bus situation, but my main complaint about BWI is the location of the parking lot from the lobby. I realize this is a minor complaint, but it was a pain at the end of the day.
The only other "complaint" is the lack of a true quick service in the building. You could get your mugs refilled at Bell Vue Lounge, but their selection was limited. It is a long walk to to the boardwalk bakery for morning coffee. Luckily, we had the CL, so we had very close access to coffee.
All in all, the BWI is a marvelous resort that we would not hesitate to stay in again.
Just wondering, if you stayed club level why did you need to go the bakery for coffee in the morning, when all you had to do was go to the lounge, and at the same time get all the soft drinks you wanted from their fridge (and pour them in your mugs if you prefer drinking that way) rather then getting a refill at the Bellevue Lounge?

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed BWI CL :).

I just changed my sept 8-14 trip from POR to BWI.

Congrats on the switch. Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

Glad you had a great trip. We've had that room before and it's a great spot. Actually, wouldn't mind having it again Saturday, or the one right across from the seating area in the hall. 51 maybe?
As to the balcony, no, those are not the only 2 rooms with the small one. The entire 4th floor has the same. Aside from the Suite.

Just wondering, if you stayed club level why did you need to go the bakery for coffee in the morning, when all you had to do was go to the lounge, and at the same time get all the soft drinks you wanted from their fridge (and pour them in your mugs if you prefer drinking that way) rather then getting a refill at the Bellevue Lounge?
I think by the bold PP did use the lounge. As to sodas, maybe they wanted them when the doors were closed? Or kinds not in the lounge? Plus, sometimes you just want to use the mug you "paid" for. It's a very common comment about BWI in general.

We didn't have to
go to the bakery for the reasons you mentioned, but I was pointing this out as a flaw for those not staying club level.

Checking in three weeks from today for our first stay at the BWV. We’re on an overnight flight and realize our room will probably not be ready when we arrive. We’ll check out the hotel and boardwalk, get lunch, maybe pop into Epcot, but if we just want to sit and relax for a bit where’s a good place to do that?

Checking in three weeks from today for our first stay at the BWV. We’re on an overnight flight and realize our room will probably not be ready when we arrive. We’ll check out the hotel and boardwalk, get lunch, maybe pop into Epcot, but if we just want to sit and relax for a bit where’s a good place to do that?

There are comfy chairs in the lobby as well as rocking chairs on the porch off the lobby on the Boardwalk side (good for people watching). We've often sat there while waiting for our room to be ready!

The lobby, the lobby porch, the BelleVue Lounge and it’s porch, people are also sitting on the green outside the lobby (AstroTurf), there are tables and benches along the Boardwalk. You can also sit by the pool. The quiet pool at the villa side has plenty of tables.

More places to sit at the other hotels as well: Beach at Beach Club, Solarium and DVC Lobby there, lobby bar at Dolphin. Coffee corner at Swan entrance.

However, I would most likely sit somewhere in Epcot and people watch there.

The Community Hall might be empty. You can hang out there. Might be calmer than other places mentioned.

Thanks for the review! Some questions:

Did that room have 2 queens and the daybed? Trying to decide what to request for our May trip.

Also, would the evening apps be sufficient for a lighter dinner? Trying to plan out a few days where we have a TS lunch.

Was the menu for the week posted somewhere? Would be nice to book Flying Fish for dinner on the night that the apps are least appealing.

Thanks!

Did that room have 2 queens and the daybed? Trying to decide what to request for our May trip.

Also, would the evening apps be sufficient for a lighter dinner? Trying to plan out a few days where we have a TS lunch.

Was the menu for the week posted somewhere? Would be nice to book Flying Fish for dinner on the night that the apps are least appealing.

Thanks!
I am not the poster you are asking the questions of, but as a frequent visitor of the Innkeepers Club, I can answer your questions. My husband and I eat a table service lunch often and then eat in the lounge for our dinner. They do not post a weekly menu, but we have 2 reservations for Flying Fish during our upcoming February trip and I made them for later in the evening to enjoy a small appetizer in the lounge before heading down to dinner.

Most of the rooms on the club level have 2 queens and a day bed. There are only a couple rooms that have a king bed. You are in for a treat staying at the Boardwalk Inn. Enjoy your trip!

I am not the poster you are asking the questions of, but as a frequent visitor of the Innkeepers Club, I can answer your questions. My husband and I eat a table service lunch often and then eat in the lounge for our dinner. They do not post a weekly menu, but we have 2 reservations for Flying Fish during our upcoming February trip and I made them for later in the evening to enjoy a small appetizer in the lounge before heading down to dinner.

Most of the rooms on the club level have 2 queens and a day bed. There are only a couple rooms that have a king bed. You are in for a treat staying at the Boardwalk Inn. Enjoy your trip!
Thank you! This is what we were thinking about doing.

Thanks!
We always make dinner out of what is in the lounge.

And yes, the room PP was in does have a day bed (I've stayed in it a couple of times)
4251 is a King but still has a daybed (the couch in the room pulls out)
To my knowledge, all the pink couches pull out. I've not stayed in a CL room without a couch yet but we haven't stayed in every room, despite having stayed there many, many times

Thanks!

The room did have 2 queens and a daybed, and the evening apps were certainly suitable for a light dinner. It changed every night, but in addition to sandwiches, fruit, veggies, hummus, and stuff, there were at least 2 hot items cooked in the lounge by a chef from the Flying Fish.

They asked us last fall when we were there if we booked through Disney. Not sure if that means DVC doesn't get room service or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter