Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Then we're looking at different websites. Please include the link, since I found something on dvcmember.com that's says different.
Does it say something different?

That is just not correct. In the Rules & Regulations https://disneyvacationclub.disney.g...lations/Home-Resort-Rules-and-Regulations.pdf there is no mention of specific charges It only says that

"g. Club Members and their Guests may request clean linens, toiletries, etc., by calling the DVC Resort’s
housekeeping department. Additional fees may be charged for such requests. Supplemental cleaning services
are available for a fee and may be arranged through either Member Services or the DVC Resort’s front desk.

It clearly says they MAY charge additional fees. Not that they won't.

Does it say something different?

It clearly says they MAY charge additional fees. Not that they won't.

Exactly what I said earlier. However It also didn't say that they WILL charge additional fees and there is lo breakdown of what those fees might be.

Exactly what I said earlier. However It also didn't say that they WILL charge additional fees and there is lo breakdown of what those fees might be.
Fair enough. But I believe it's just semantics. That wording gives them the out to charge, or not, as they see fit. Just how often do you see them NOT charging for DVC extras? Plus, "may" could cover the fact that cash guests booking with Disney Resorts side don't have to pay for anything extra.

It's been 8 months since I've been to Boardwalk. Staying at the Inn at the end of this month and very much looking forward to our return. I know there is general construction happening for the skyway thing. Can it be seen from any rooms in the Inn? We will have a Garden View room. We have our usual request (looking into courtyard toward Epcot) but wondering if we will see construction...

Also, I think I read the normal path to HS has reopened, yes?

t's been 8 months since I've been to Boardwalk. Staying at the Inn at the end of this month and very much looking forward to our return. I know there is general construction happening for the skyway thing. Can it be seen from any rooms in the Inn? We will have a Garden View room. We have our usual request (looking into courtyard toward Epcot) but wondering if we will see construction...

Also, I think I read the normal path to HS has reopened, yes?

I will be there on Feb 23rd also with a Garden View. I would love to know the answer to this too.

What do you mean by "see" construction?
The building blocks any actual construction from your room. You will see it when outside the resort and you will see the lines in the air.

The original path is open, well. More or less. Part of the original path is gone forever. You will never walk close to the water as you approach the park, they build the gondola station there. The path in place now is the path from this point forward. You walk around a bathroom (which is nice actually) but you don't have to walk through the bus stop area now.

What do you mean by "see" construction?
The building blocks any actual construction from your room. You will see it when outside the resort and you will see the lines in the air.
Hi! I guess i mean, will I see big cranes and whatnot while I sit on my balcony. I'm wondering if the construction is relative to the Inn (ie, near the parking lot so standard view is more likely to see it; toward epcot so those with garden views that look toward epcot will see it when they are on their balony looking at the fireworks, etc) I expect to see the construction when I am out walking towards the parks, etc.

Hi! I guess i mean, will I see big cranes and whatnot while I sit on my balcony. I'm wondering if the construction is relative to the Inn (ie, near the parking lot so standard view is more likely to see it; toward epcot so those with garden views that look toward epcot will see it when they are on their balony looking at the fireworks, etc) I expect to see the construction when I am out walking towards the parks, etc.

Cranes were not there last week and our friends said they can't see them coming back.

The construction is visible in the parking lot. It is happening IN the parking lot, near to the street. There are no cranes around. You couldn't see any construction when in the garden. I am not sure if those on the highest floor could. You couldn't from the CL lounge

Hello- I'm new here! We have booked a trip for next summer 7/31-8/6 and are staying at the BWV in a Deluxe Studio with a standard view. We are a family of 5 and the "kids" will be 20,17 & 15. We booked through our travel agent and originally we were going to stay in an all star suite, but with the free food it was the same price to stay at BWV when we upgraded our dining package, sowe decided to stay closer to the action. This trip is my middle daughter's senior trip and we plan on doing some of her senior photos while we are there(my dh is a photographer), any advice on best places around the resort? What are some of your best tips? We will be getting groceries delivered so that we can have breakfast in the room. We haven't been to Disney since 2008 and I know a lot has changed. I'm so excited to be finally returning to WDW but a tad over whelmed too!!!

Hello- I'm new here! We have booked a trip for next summer 7/31-8/6 and are staying at the BWV in a Deluxe Studio with a standard view. We are a family of 5 and the "kids" will be 20,17 & 15. We booked through our travel agent and originally we were going to stay in an all star suite, but with the free food it was the same price to stay at BWV when we upgraded our dining package, sowe decided to stay closer to the action. This trip is my middle daughter's senior trip and we plan on doing some of her senior photos while we are there(my dh is a photographer), any advice on best places around the resort? What are some of your best tips? We will be getting groceries delivered so that we can have breakfast in the room. We haven't been to Disney since 2008 and I know a lot has changed. I'm so excited to be finally returning to WDW but a tad over whelmed too!!!
I hope one of your kids isn't any taller than about 5'6" because the murphy bed isn't as big as a twin sized bed. You maybe a bit crowded in a studio with five adults. If you can afford to change to a BWI hotel room, you'd at least get a day bed and two queen beds instead of one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and the bunk sized murphy bed. You'll still be crowded in a hotel room with five adults, though. A family suite would have given you more space, more beds.

I hope one of your kids isn't any taller than about 5'6" because the murphy bed isn't as big as a twin sized bed. You maybe a bit crowded in a studio with five adults. If you can afford to change to a BWI hotel room, you'd at least get a day bed and two queen beds instead of one queen bed, one double sleeper sofa and the bunk sized murphy bed. You'll still be crowded in a hotel room with five adults, though. A family suite would have given you more space, more beds.

I agree with Deb & Bill A studio is going to be cramped with 5 adults.

We are in the exact same situation as you are, with 3 adult-sized kids and I agree with @Deb & Bill & @gometros that a studio will be cramped. If you can spring for it, the BWI has Deluxe club level rooms that hold 6 adults comfortably (two queens and a queen sleeper sofa). Although I think even the regular room would be preferable to a studio. We don't buy the dining plan because of the club level lounge.

Forgot all about sharing the little treat that showed up in our room a couple weeks ago.
I had grabbed a Figment on NYE (and bubble wand because I'm 55 going on 5, LOL)
I put him on the shelf in the room.
Came back one afternoon to find a friend with him
5A095C70-73D7-4562-BF8B-0B8BDFEC7D18.jpg

DW wants to know if the toiletries are in pump bottles or individual bottles she can take ( steal) as souvenirs? It doesn't matter to me, but she is pretty worked up about this.

In September, my garden view room had the pump dispensers for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash in the bathtub. We did receive individual bottles for body lotion and aloe vera gel. I missed bringing home a few bottles to make an ordinary day a Disney day at home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!