Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Is the Belle Vue Lounge for over 21 and older or is it open to anyone? We think we are going to stay here for the first part of our trip the next time we are at WDW. I tried to look it up and it didn't say, so I assume that my teenager will be okay here?
I've seen kids with their parents there. It's a nice, friendly lounge. Usually old radio shows are quietly playing in the background, very fun to listen to.

Just returned last night from five wonderful nights at the Boardwalk Inn. Our stay was lovely, and it cemented the Boardwalk as my favorite Crescent Lake resort.

Some observations:

We were in room 2298. I used the Touring Plans fax service to request room 2300, or anywhere on the second floor near the elevator to the Boardwalk, to make things more convenient for my mom who uses a scooter. We ended up only one door away from our request, so they must read faxes at the BWI. :thumbsup2 It was a fantastic location, very convenient to everything. We could hear some minor hallway noise from time to time, but the room was still very quiet overall. The balcony overlooked a manicured courtyard, and even offered a view of the Illuminations fireworks through the leaf-bare trees in the evening. It was a lovely surprise!

The room itself was in good condition, and any quibbles we had were small. My mom loved the decor because it has more color, warmth and character than some of the newly remodeled generic-beige resort rooms. Mattresses and pillows were in good condition and super comfy! My 28 year-old 5’8” niece slept on the sofa bed and said it was fine. The tub/shower had a wall dispenser for shampoo, conditioner, and body wash. Honestly, I didn’t like it. Some of the pump bottles were past their prime and wouldn’t dispense properly, and the metal holder was partly broken and didn’t hold them in snugly. The bottles were jiggling all over the place and pumping them was quite difficult. Plus the thing was visually rather tarnished and gross. I’m OK with the idea of wall dispensers, but the implementation in this room was a fail. We were also supplied with personal sized soaps, a toiletry kit (including nail file!), shower cap, hand lotion, and mouthwash. I personally would like to see a curtain or sliding door across the vanity area, like is found at some other resorts. I rise early to get ready, and always felt as if I was disturbing the others who were still trying to sleep. We managed though. :thumbsup2 The coffee maker was the old-style filter pack machine which worked just fine. The fridge was cold enough to keep my half-and-half fresh for five days, so coffee was easy-peasy in the early morning when I needed it most. :coffee:

Mousekeeping was great — they stopped by every day while we were out of the room. They worked around our breaks without us asking, even though we were in the room at different times each day. One day the room was serviced in the morning/early afternoon, and the next day Mousekeeping saw we were in the room and didn’t service it until we left around 4:00. I had to call the second day for extra blankets and coffee packs, which were delivered after about 30 minutes. Overall very pleased with Mousekeeping!

Friendships were operating to both HS and the International Gateway. We usually walked to both parks and found the increased (detour) distance to the Studios noticeable but not prohibitive. It will be great to have the regular path back open again though. You still can’t beat the convenience for walking (or scootering) to two parks. Mom loved it!

Buses worked just fine. No waits of more than ten minutes coming or going, and enough buses for everyone at the stop. Shared a bus once coming back from MK in the afternoon. Morning buses arrived empty and went straight to the parks.

The evenings during our stay were too chilly to hang out on the Boardwalk, but everything looked fun! Did enjoy beers and margaritas by the lake in the afternoon, and the fresh-cooked loaded chips from Boardwalk To Go were a hit!

My mom loved BWI so much that I would have happily booked a Bounceback for the same dates next year, but couldn’t find any availability. I look forward to the day we are lucky enough to return!

We just got back yesterday. Fortunate enough to have had a Deluxe Room, Club level. Also used Touring Plans, faxed a request for room 3255, ended up next door at 3257. Great view and a much more manageable sized balcony. Sure, the decorating is old but beds were comfy and loved the ceiling fans! Moosekeeping (their word) was amazing. I had called when we arrived and requested the room be cleaned prior to noon, and with only one exception over 7 days, it was. Every personal item (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, etc), was replaced every day so needless to say, we brought a lot of stuff home. Love the new dental kits.

The club level lounge was really nice. Each cast member spoke to us and we hit the lounge every day at various times. Small water bottles in the fridge,etc. We lacked for nothing. If I emptied a wine bottle, I handed it to a CM and it was replaced immediately with a nice new cold bottle. The evening chefs were super nice. I didn't always like the hot options but my husband more than made up for me.

We got stuck in the rainstorm on Sunday at HS and ended up walking back to BWI in the rain because the boats aren't allowed to run when lightning is in the area. We got absolutely soaked but hey, we went back to the room, changed clothes/shoes and took a bus to DS and had an amazing lunch at the Boathouse. We were able to sit outside, as the rain had quit. Highly recommend the Boathouse.

Tried to book a BB for same week but it wasn't available. While we really liked the refurbished Deluxe room at the YC, the Boardwalk views and activity just can't be duplicated, not to mention the club level staff. We're already booked for next December and will certainly be watching for any and all discounts.

I have a question about the rooms - we are renting DVC points and have booked a studio and a 1 bedroom preferred view. We wanted a 2 bedroom villa but they were all booked when we booked ours. It seems like the 2 bedrooms at BW are all actually 1 bedrooms/studios with a connecting door. My question is - is there any chance we could be put in connecting rooms, or most likely not since all of the 2 bedrooms were already booked?

I have a question about the rooms - we are renting DVC points and have booked a studio and a 1 bedroom preferred view. We wanted a 2 bedroom villa but they were all booked when we booked ours. It seems like the 2 bedrooms at BW are all actually 1 bedrooms/studios with a connecting door. My question is - is there any chance we could be put in connecting rooms, or most likely not since all of the 2 bedrooms were already booked?

If all the 2 bedroom villas were booked, you’ve been booked into some of the dedicated studios and 1 bedroom villas (that don’t connect). If your reservation is under one confirmation number, no more to do, but if separate confirmation numbers, you should ask the owner you’re renting from to notify DVC to put a “traveling with” notice on both reservations so that you’re assigned rooms as close together as possible. Also, it’s possible that if cancellations occur you might get the pixie dust to be assigned a 2 bedroom villa.

Just returned last night from five wonderful nights at the Boardwalk Inn. Our stay was lovely, and it cemented the Boardwalk as my favorite Crescent Lake resort.

Thanks for your review. Glad you had a great time and enjoyed BWI. Had my first BWI stay this past summer and loved everything about it! Hope you get to return soon :wizard:.

We just got back yesterday. Fortunate enough to have had a Deluxe Room, Club level. Also used Touring Plans, faxed a request for room 3255, ended up next door at 3257. Great view and a much more manageable sized balcony. Sure, the decorating is old but beds were comfy and loved the ceiling fans! Moosekeeping (their word) was amazing. I had called when we arrived and requested the room be cleaned prior to noon, and with only one exception over 7 days, it was. Every personal item (shampoo, conditioner, mouthwash, etc), was replaced every day so needless to say, we brought a lot of stuff home. Love the new dental kits.

The club level lounge was really nice. Each cast member spoke to us and we hit the lounge every day at various times. Small water bottles in the fridge,etc. We lacked for nothing. If I emptied a wine bottle, I handed it to a CM and it was replaced immediately with a nice new cold bottle. The evening chefs were super nice. I didn't always like the hot options but my husband more than made up for me.

Thanks for your review. I tried BWI CL for the first time this past June and I was blown away! Such a beautiful resort and great CL! Glad you had a great stay :).

If all the 2 bedroom villas were booked, you’ve been booked into some of the dedicated studios and 1 bedroom villas (that don’t connect). If your reservation is under one confirmation number, no more to do, but if separate confirmation numbers, you should ask the owner you’re renting from to notify DVC to put a “traveling with” notice on both reservations so that you’re assigned rooms as close together as possible. Also, it’s possible that if cancellations occur you might get the pixie dust to be assigned a 2 bedroom villa.

Thank you!

This is a far, far stretch but it can't hurt to ask. I stayed at the BWI Nov 30-Dec 3 in room 5272 and I accidentally left all of my shoes (I know...) in one of the cabinets of the dresser, including a pair of limited edition blue Snow White Toms. I put in a lost and found request about a week later, as it's winter where I live and I didn't notice the absence of all of my sandals until then. They just now closed my case. I'm wondering if maybe... just maybe... some Disney magic happened and maybe a DISer fell upon my shoes in the same room. Again, it's a far stretch but a girl can have hope :)

This is a far, far stretch but it can't hurt to ask. I stayed at the BWI Nov 30-Dec 3 in room 5272 and I accidentally left all of my shoes (I know...) in one of the cabinets of the dresser, including a pair of limited edition blue Snow White Toms. I put in a lost and found request about a week later, as it's winter where I live and I didn't notice the absence of all of my sandals until then. They just now closed my case. I'm wondering if maybe... just maybe... some Disney magic happened and maybe a DISer fell upon my shoes in the same room. Again, it's a far stretch but a girl can have hope :)
So they closed it without finding any of them?
Have you tried to call the Hotel directly, (best you can at least, asking the call center to transfer you if possible) to see if they are still there vs. making it to lost and found?

ETA - we check in on Monday. If you haven't heard anything else by then, I'll try to ask the staff what exactly they do with left behind items like shoes. If they have something they do there before sending to central lost and found

DH and I are staying Jan. 13-19 to celebrate our 22nd anniversary! First trip without the kids so it will be different but we're looking forward to it since we never did take a honeymoon, just stayed one night at a hotel on the beach after our JOP wedding. I surprised him on Christmas and now we only have a few more weeks till we leave!

Here's my personal opinion of the Boardwalk Inn. We tried it for the first time in December. The location is great. But, the lobby staff is way below par for customer service. When they cared to answer the phone from our room, they either didn't listen to what the problem was, or promised a remediation and didn't follow through( repeatedly tried to get our letter for the ride back to the airport). Even the staff in the lobby( while dealing with them in person), appeared ignorant talking to each other, confused and we had to walk to another cast member and explain the situation again. We never had staff treat us like this. The resort is super clean. Housekeeping does a phenomenal job. In the future, we would stick with The Yacht Club. Professional well-trained staff that never ignore and are courteous and respectful. We tried it and won't return. Lesson learned.

Here's my personal opinion of the Boardwalk Inn. We tried it for the first time in December. The location is great. But, the lobby staff is way below par for customer service. When they cared to answer the phone from our room, they either didn't listen to what the problem was, or promised a remediation and didn't follow through( repeatedly tried to get our letter for the ride back to the airport). Even the staff in the lobby( while dealing with them in person), appeared ignorant talking to each other, confused and we had to walk to another cast member and explain the situation again. We never had staff treat us like this. The resort is super clean. Housekeeping does a phenomenal job. In the future, we would stick with The Yacht Club. Professional well-trained staff that never ignore and are courteous and respectful. We tried it and won't return. Lesson learned.
That all may be but the phone was not answered by anyone at BWI. It was answered by a central call center not even at WDW. They are very prone to not properly pass along requests. Nothing to do with BWI though.

That all may be but the phone was not answered by anyone at BWI. It was answered by a central call center not even at WDW. They are very prone to not properly pass along requests. Nothing to do with BWI though.
Yep, when you "call the front desk" you are getting a call center somewhere, maybe Tampa or Nebraska. So if you talk directly to the front desk they might not know anything at all about your situation.

Curious as to what your situation was and what did you mean by get a letter for the ride back to the airport?

Yep, when you "call the front desk" you are getting a call center somewhere, maybe Tampa or Nebraska. So if you talk directly to the front desk they might not know anything at all about your situation.

Curious as to what your situation was and what did you mean by get a letter for the ride back to the airport?
Yup. It could be a call center anywhere. If I need something I stop by the check in or concierge desk.

I am also wondering about the letter. There are so many easy options to the airport--DME, click the Lyft app (or whatever ride share you prefer) car service or rental car.
Getting to the airport is one of those things that I never leave to chance. I do what I can to make departure day as easy as possible.

OP, it sounds like the big problem might have been communication between the call center and the resort. I am sorry you had so many problems. In our experience, it's not the usual order of things at all.

I assume they mean the paper you need to board ME for the return trip. Don't know why it was hard to obtain though. Normally you don't get it till next to last day

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter