Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Having a fantastic time here at the Boardwalk. The weather has been beautiful so far and the parks have been okay. We don’t stay for long at all. Loved our dinner at the Flying Fish the other night and the food in the lounge has been outstanding! We are here until Wednesday and I think my nephew and his wife have become BW converts! Cast is awesome as usual. We will be back in 67 days

So glad things are going better than your stay at BC.

hi friends!! Heading back to BWV in a few weeks- we had our first night waitlisted and it JUST came through! We are arriving in MCO hopefully by 930pm. I was wondering if we could use the hot tub in the DVC pool area if it is around 11pm? I cant remember if they close down the DVC pool area along with the main pool! Thanks!

hi friends!! Heading back to BWV in a few weeks- we had our first night waitlisted and it JUST came through! We are arriving in MCO hopefully by 930pm. I was wondering if we could use the hot tub in the DVC pool area if it is around 11pm? I cant remember if they close down the DVC pool area along with the main pool! Thanks!

I can't answer about the hot tub, but wanted to say congrats on the wait list coming through! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

First stay at BWI coming up! I promised myself that this time I was going to stay away from the room views on Touring Plans and just not stress about which room we get, but now I’m doubting...Booked regular garden view...is there a big advantage to requesting a higher floor? We’re not going to be in the room a whole lot. My main desire is for a quick exit!
We were at BWI last weekend at I requested a 5th floor room, and received room 5277 (over looked the village green/partial boardwalk and water view.)
I looked at touring plans and realized that all of the Garden view rooms on the 5th floor were very nice. Also there aren't that many rooms on the 5th floor so no matter what, you are a short walk to the elevator. There are a few rooms on the 5th floor that do not have a balcony, but I think they are classified as "standard" view, and not garden.

If staying at the Boardwalk Inn and offered the 5300 room section, do yourself a favor and avoid that area of the hotel. The noise(from the construction of the gondolas) is so obnoxious. The back up beeping noise is super loud. There is no getting around it. They are working through the night 1am-6am. Very annoying. Ask about it before check- in. Or fax a request to avoid that area. No sleep can take it’s toll.

I can't answer about the hot tub, but wanted to say congrats on the wait list coming through! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.
Don’t know about that pool & hot tub. But, the hot tub( and I think the pool) is available at the quiet pool on the Inn side until 11pm and it feels wonderful!

Here now and having a wonderful stay at Boardwalk! We were disappointed that most of the board games at the Bellvue Lounge have been stolen, including DVC Monopoly :-(. It’s a shame we can’t have nice things!

Here now and having a wonderful stay at Boardwalk! We were disappointed that most of the board games at the Bellvue Lounge have been stolen, including DVC Monopoly :-(. It’s a shame we can’t have nice things!

That’s terrible. Someone told me the lounge is nice! Looking forward to checking it out! Hope you’re having a great trip!

That’s terrible. Someone told me the lounge is nice! Looking forward to checking it out! Hope you’re having a great trip!

Thanks, we’re having a great trip! The lounge is a nice place to chill, I just can’t believe people steal the games. The bartender said they also used to have some 1st edition books as part of the decor, which have also been stolen over the years.

It’s our first time venturing to the Inn side! Lots of cool stuff that goes along with the theming.

Thanks, we’re having a great trip! The lounge is a nice place to chill, I just can’t believe people steal the games. The bartender said they also used to have some 1st edition books as part of the decor, which have also been stolen over the years.

It’s our first time venturing to the Inn side! Lots of cool stuff that goes along with the theming.

That’s really horrible. You wonder what people are thinking! I’m happy you’re having a good time, though! Enjoy the rest of your trip!

In hutch displays , even the dishes are glued down! Pretty sad that they had to glue them down to prevent theft too!

Glad you're having a great time! Unbelievable that people steal board games :(.

I agree, lots of cool stuff around the resort :).

In hutch displays , even the dishes are glued down! Pretty sad that they had to glue them down to prevent theft too!

:sad2:

That is awful about the stealing. But I'm glad you're enjoying the lounge! :)

Hi, I am sorry but I might have missed this while I was scrolling...does the main pool area have a hot tub? I did see the quiet pool area does. But, wanted to know if there is a hot tub by the main one.

If you are talking about the main pool on the DVC side with the slide the hot tub is inside the gates and it would be locked by 11:00 PM

It is a different room class, so you have to book it separately. Now that all the kids are more or less grown up, I just couldn't see us all fitting into a 5-person room even though we technically could. The Deluxe room is bigger, with a balcony, and faces the Boardwalk/Lake. I think the beds are the same, with the same pull-out as the other rooms, it's the extra floor space and seating that is nice. It's also Club Level but if I know my kids I'll get my money's worth out of that! @Crazyhorse got a super sweet deal, for sure.

Thanks! We are staying club level in Feb (like you, I suspect my kids will more than get our money's worth in food) and the extra space would be nice. Might call DSS and see what availability looks like.

It is a different room class, so you have to book it separately. Now that all the kids are more or less grown up, I just couldn't see us all fitting into a 5-person room even though we technically could. The Deluxe room is bigger, with a balcony, and faces the Boardwalk/Lake. I think the beds are the same, with the same pull-out as the other rooms, it's the extra floor space and seating that is nice. It's also Club Level but if I know my kids I'll get my money's worth out of that! @Crazyhorse got a super sweet deal, for sure.
You really thought it was that much of a difference? We've stayed in both and honestly didn't see much difference. I mean yes, they are longer, so they are more stretched out but for us we fit the same in the room itself. Since there are not more sleeping surfaces. And you may or may not get a bigger balcony

Thanks! We are staying club level in Feb (like you, I suspect my kids will more than get our money's worth in food) and the extra space would be nice. Might call DSS and see what availability looks like.
You may be able to get a discount, its worth asking about.
I'm still waiting to see if anything comes out for May. I'm thinking possibly around the first of the year if history is any guide. Here's hoping!

Last edited:
Is the Belle Vue Lounge for over 21 and older or is it open to anyone? We think we are going to stay here for the first part of our trip the next time we are at WDW. I tried to look it up and it didn't say, so I assume that my teenager will be okay here?

Is the Belle Vue Lounge for over 21 and older or is it open to anyone? We think we are going to stay here for the first part of our trip the next time we are at WDW. I tried to look it up and it didn't say, so I assume that my teenager will be okay here?

Open to everyone. It’s not really a lounge like one would think.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter