Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

When did they replace the grass on the green with turf? I noticed it a few trips so, but couldn't remember the last time I saw grass.

Need to go to Jelkyrolls more often. We found out after the fact that Neil Patrick Harris, who was the celebrity narrator for Candlelight Processional was there Sunday night.

Oh My God. Never in all the years that we’ve been coming to Disney have we ever gotten a “your room is ready” text prior to 3pm. Well, I can’t say that anymore.

Room ready text at 11am, as we were being driven to hotel from airport. Got 3rd floor request, deluxe club level. Balcony so much easier to maneuver in. Right above the Abracadabra bar sign. Great view of magic kingdom fireworks, quick trip to 4th floor via staircase literally 10 steps from the room.

Split an order of fish & chips from Yorkshire shop, beer flight from Block & Hans, a few snacks from club level & split spaghetti & meatballs from Il Milinos. Scoop of coffee toffee coffee Ice cream with hot fudge from Ample Hills, a stop at club level again for a Kahlua & Cream & we were done for the night, at 9:30.....(up since 2:30 am). Ready to start all over tomorrow:).

Hey guys! Last week, I booked our first stay at BWV for June! We’re looking forward to trying a new resort. Also looking forward to hearing all about your recent trips!

How exciting! Haven't stayed in a villa, but had my first BWI stay this past summer and it was amazing!! The resort is beautiful, you're going to have a great time! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

I just changed our dates yesterday and we'll be at BWV June 28-July 5th! Also our first stay there!

Hope you enjoy BW as well! It's a great resort :).

Oh My God. Never in all the years that we’ve been coming to Disney have we ever gotten a “your room is ready” text prior to 3pm. Well, I can’t say that anymore.

Room ready text at 11am, as we were being driven to hotel from airport. Got 3rd floor request, deluxe club level. Balcony so much easier to maneuver in. Right above the Abracadabra bar sign. Great view of magic kingdom fireworks, quick trip to 4th floor via staircase literally 10 steps from the room.

Split an order of fish & chips from Yorkshire shop, beer flight from Block & Hans, a few snacks from club level & split spaghetti & meatballs from Il Milinos. Scoop of coffee toffee coffee Ice cream with hot fudge from Ample Hills, a stop at club level again for a Kahlua & Cream & we were done for the night, at 9:30.....(up since 2:30 am). Ready to start all over tomorrow:).

Sounds like a great start to your trip! Have a great time :goodvibes.

How exciting! Haven't stayed in a villa, but had my first BWI stay this past summer and it was amazing!! The resort is beautiful, you're going to have a great time! Enjoy the rest of your planning :wizard:.

Thank you!!!!!!!! :flower3:

Enjoy your trip “home” and happy birthday. Please post what the morning and evening offerings are, we have a trip booked there the end of May. We cannot wait to be back home too.
Last night we there was tomato basil soup, Shepard’s pie and fish tacos along with salads and this morning were the regular pastries, bagels, devil eggs. They also had poached eggs!

Last night we there was tomato basil soup, Shepard’s pie and fish tacos along with salads and this morning were the regular pastries, bagels, devil eggs. They also had poached eggs!

That sounds wonderful. I am so glad they have the soup back. I hope they have the fish tacos when we are there, I love fish tacos. :fish:
Thanks Kerry for your report.

That sounds wonderful. I am so glad they have the soup back. I hope they have the fish tacos when we are there, I love fish tacos. :fish:
Thanks Kerry for your report.
Last night we had dinner at the Flying Fish, but popped into the lounge to check it out for you! It was muscles, I had 5 for an appetizer, sliders, shrimp salad and the cheese fondue. We have a late lunch today so will let you know what is on the menu tonight! Having a fantastic time as always!

First stay at BWI coming up! I promised myself that this time I was going to stay away from the room views on Touring Plans and just not stress about which room we get, but now I’m doubting...Booked regular garden view...is there a big advantage to requesting a higher floor? We’re not going to be in the room a whole lot. My main desire is for a quick exit!

First stay at BWI coming up! I promised myself that this time I was going to stay away from the room views on Touring Plans and just not stress about which room we get, but now I’m doubting...Booked regular garden view...is there a big advantage to requesting a higher floor? We’re not going to be in the room a whole lot. My main desire is for a quick exit!
I got sucked into a Deluxe Club Level because we need the larger room so I may not be the right person to ask....
I love the view from the room & the balcony facing the Boardwalk/Lake but if I didn't know it was there I'd be perfectly fine with a Garden View. I do really prefer a higher floor, for one thing they're quieter, and the view is better IMHO. I travel quite a bit outside of Disney and it's a standing request on my profile with Marriott.

You may have to walk down another flight or two but I think it's worth it, you have to exit from the lobby anyway.

I just had my first stay at BWI this past June so I'm not very familiar with alot of rooms/locations, but wanted to say BWI is an awesome resort! Hope you have a great trip :wizard:.

I’m so excited to be returning to the Boardwalk in 82 days! It’s our favorite resort!!! Taking my son for a long weekend for his birthday. I never booked a trip so close to the date before but it’s great to not have to wait so long!

Have a great time! :goodvibes

Last edited:
:scared::scared::scared:

Sounds fabulous!! Are you able to request a deluxe room or do you have to book it specifically? DS17 is 6 feet tall and no one is looking forward to sharing a bed with the giant.

:scared::scared::scared:

Sounds fabulous!! Are you able to request a deluxe room or do you have to book it specifically? DS17 is 6 feet tall and no one is looking forward to sharing a bed with the giant.
It is a different room class, so you have to book it separately. Now that all the kids are more or less grown up, I just couldn't see us all fitting into a 5-person room even though we technically could. The Deluxe room is bigger, with a balcony, and faces the Boardwalk/Lake. I think the beds are the same, with the same pull-out as the other rooms, it's the extra floor space and seating that is nice. It's also Club Level but if I know my kids I'll get my money's worth out of that! @Crazyhorse got a super sweet deal, for sure.

Having a fantastic time here at the Boardwalk. The weather has been beautiful so far and the parks have been okay. We don’t stay for long at all. Loved our dinner at the Flying Fish the other night and the food in the lounge has been outstanding! We are here until Wednesday and I think my nephew and his wife have become BW converts! Cast is awesome as usual. We will be back in 67 days

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter