Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks. Since it’s December when I go and it shouldn’t be hot, do you still recommend walking over boat?

I’d ride the boat there & walk back. Our wait for the boat at BWI wasn’t long but the line waiting at HS for the boat was insanely long.

Hello, there's probably pictures somewhere on here but does anyone have any pictures of the day bed in a standard room?

We usually stay BC with a day bed but reading on Disneys site for the BW day bed it states 'Please note, the child bed is suitable for children aged 3-9, but not recommended for guests over 5 feet tall.'

Is it not the same a s the beds in the BC? We cannot get here for the full duration of our stay so the Boardwalk is the next best option, I just don't like that clown pool, lol.

Tell me it's worth the terror of the clown and I'll love it, we love the location but our other option is a 1 bed in OKW which is over $1100 less, this has a sleeper chair so not sure how that is for sleeping on. Price doesn't really matter, it's quality and the ease of getting around but we would get more space st OKW but not the location.

Thanks x

We just returned from an AMAZING honeymoon experience at The Boardwalk Inn and it was great! We had a deluxe club level room and it was worth every penny! Contrary to some reviews about the club level lounge the food/drinks/service was amazing! You could eat every meal in the club lounge if you really wanted to which we weren't expecting! They also have beer/wine/champagne included with it as well that is out at dinnertime but can be gotten by request from the servers during the day as well! We had a great room on the 4th floor right outside the door to the club level hallway where the lounge is! The room was great and so was the view! The balcony was pretty small but other than that the room and location was great! The deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have larger balconies so I would potentially recommend requesting a room on the 3rd floor if you have more than 2 people in your room! But the club lounge is on the 4th floor so that's the trade off! Here are some pictures of our room view from room "4257!" If you have any questions please feel free to ask! We had an amazing experience here especially with a few surprises for our honeymoon celebration including chocolate covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne left for us in the room one night! :)
--Mike
Thanks for the review! We have a deluxe club the week after Thanksgiving....thanks for the photos and tip too! Glad you had an amazing trip!

We recently purchased DVC and are considering a BWV studio for part of a split stay this summer (of course depending if it's still available at 7 months out). We would really like the BW view but I'm concerned about the noise level - are those rooms loud? I'm a very light sleeper and have a hard time sleeping with ear plugs so I'm wondering if pool/garden view would be a better choice.

We usually stay BC with a day bed but reading on Disneys site for the BW day bed it states 'Please note, the child bed is suitable for children aged 3-9, but not recommended for guests over 5 feet tall.'

Is it not the same a s the beds in the BC? We cannot get here for the full duration of our stay so the Boardwalk is the next best option, I just don't like that

I don't know where you are seeing that on the Disney website. When I read your post, I wondered if you were confusing the Pull-Down Bed in the BoardWalk Villas studios with the Day Bed at the BoardWalk Inn. But I didn't see anything on Disneyworld.com about the size of either bed.

Hello, there's probably pictures somewhere on here but does anyone have any pictures of the day bed in a standard room?

Is it not the same a s the beds in the BC? We cannot get here for the full duration of our stay so the Boardwalk is the next best option, I just don't like that clown pool, lol.

Tell me it's worth the terror of the clown and I'll love it, we love the location but our other option is a 1 bed in OKW which is over $1100 less, this has a sleeper chair so not sure how that is for sleeping on. Price doesn't really matter, it's quality and the ease of getting around but we would get more space st OKW but not the location.

Thanks x
It's a regular full size bed. No clue why Disney's site would say that. It's wrong. That comment applies to the Murphy beds at the Mods but not the fold-out couches

RE: Clown pool. When you are in the pool proper you can't even tell the clown is there. Can't explain it but it's something that really is only seen from afar. DH hates clowns and never even knew it was there till he saw photos

Here's a photo of the bed open
bbe72f9f-6406-4dcf-adb5-e63c9e29049a.jpg

Last edited:

We recently purchased DVC and are considering a BWV studio for part of a split stay this summer (of course depending if it's still available at 7 months out). We would really like the BW view but I'm concerned about the noise level - are those rooms loud? I'm a very light sleeper and have a hard time sleeping with ear plugs so I'm wondering if pool/garden view would be a better choice.
I haven't done water view on the Villa side but you can't hear anything with the doors closed in the rooms on the Inn side. I can't imagine the Villa side would be different, the door construction looks the same.

There has been a lot of talk about the boats being down for part of December, but I'm not sure if it's during your dates. I've seen it in the Yacht & Beach Club thread and in separate threads, probably on the transportation board. My understanding is that Disney hasn't officially commented at this point, but the Swan & Dolphin have.

Here is one of the threads:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ay-closure-11-27-12-17.3711632/#post-59859318
It's been confirmed, 11/28ish to 12/18ish. They will offer buses again like they did when they were out before. They don't force guests to walk

I don't know where you are seeing that on the Disney website. When I read your post, I wondered if you were confusing the Pull-Down Bed in the BoardWalk Villas studios with the Day Bed at the BoardWalk Inn. But I didn't see anything on Disneyworld.com about the size of either bed.

Thank you. It's on the Disney UK site. Strange but good to know they are regular day beds.

It IS the same.

It's our favorite resort. Can't say if you'll feel the same, but can't see why you wouldn't like it.

BWI had plenty of both!

Thank you. I'm sure we will love the BW, the kids will just have to look at storm along bay, lol. Is it right that rooms overlooking the boardwalk can be quite noisy? Also is there a better area to stay in?

Thank you. It's on the Disney UK site. Strange but good to know they are regular day beds.
Someone copied the daybed text from the Mods and didn't edit it to apply for a different bed. Only Murphy beds are smaller. There are no day beds or fold out beds that are smaller. Even the type at Poly or CR, true DAYBEDS (vs a fold out couch) are adult sized
Thank you. I'm sure we will love the BW, the kids will just have to look at storm along bay, lol. Is it right that rooms overlooking the boardwalk can be quite noisy? Also is there a better area to stay in?
No, that is not true, except for when the doors are open to outside

It's a regular full size bed. No clue why Disney's site would say that. It's wrong. That comment applies to the Murphy beds at the Mods but not the fold-out couches

RE: Clown pool. When you are in the pool proper you can't even tell the clown is there. Can't explain it but it's something that really is only seen from afar. DH hates clowns and never even knew it was there till he saw photos

Here's a photo of the bed open
bbe72f9f-6406-4dcf-adb5-e63c9e29049a.jpg

Thank you. Is this a room with 2 queens and a day bed? This is what is being sold on the UK site, either '2 queen beds or 2 queen beds and 1 child bed or 1 king bed or 1 king bed and 1 child bed'.

Thank you. Is this a room with 2 queens and a day bed? This is what is being sold on the UK site, either '2 queen beds or 2 queen beds and 1 child bed or 1 king bed or 1 king bed and 1 child bed'.
No, it's a deluxe room but that doesn't change the beds used. The couch (it's not a daybed at all) is the same in all the rooms (on the Inn side). The only difference in a regular room and a Deluxe room is the Deluxe room is larger. Beds, and all furniture for that matter, is the same
It may be the UK site but the options are the same. They still are limited to offer what configurations there are. They have it wrong. There is no "child bed" at BWI anywhere

I've slept on a day bed at the GF and it felt a bit short to me. I'm 5'11" tall and my feet were pushing against the foot of the day bed (the arm of the sofa that flips to form a single bed). Not sure if the BWI day bed is the same though.

I've slept on a day bed at the GF and it felt a bit short to me. I'm 5'11" tall and my feet were pushing against the foot of the day bed (the arm of the sofa that flips to form a single bed). Not sure if the BWI day bed is the same though.
Yeah, I'd think at 5'11" it would be short. Any twin-ish sized bed would be, wouldn't it? Or full even.

There has been a lot of talk about the boats being down for part of December, but I'm not sure if it's during your dates. I've seen it in the Yacht & Beach Club thread and in separate threads, probably on the transportation board. My understanding is that Disney hasn't officially commented at this point, but the Swan & Dolphin have.

Here is one of the threads:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/r...ay-closure-11-27-12-17.3711632/#post-59859318

It's been confirmed, 11/28ish to 12/18ish. They will offer buses again like they did when they were out before. They don't force guests to walk

There are multiple threads so maybe I've missed something but this is the last info everyone seems to running with:

rinnythepooh said:
My husband sent an email last night to George Kalogridis , an executive at Disney. We received a phone call this morning with the following answer:
1. There will be no pedestrian impact on the IG during the construction of the skyliner.
2. Yes there will be an impact on the Friendship Boats to Epcot.
3. There will be no impact on the Friendship boats to HS.
4. There will be no impact on the walkway to HS.
5. They apologized that no formal notice has gone out and they are working on a formal notice to be sent out.

Thanks x

The child bed in the BWV is this one:
IMG_5523.JPG

The daybed (fold out from the sofa) is a normal bed.

There are multiple threads so maybe I've missed something but this is the last info everyone seems to running with:

rinnythepooh said:
My husband sent an email last night to George Kalogridis , an executive at Disney. We received a phone call this morning with the following answer:
1. There will be no pedestrian impact on the IG during the construction of the skyliner.
2. Yes there will be an impact on the Friendship Boats to Epcot.
3. There will be no impact on the Friendship boats to HS.
4. There will be no impact on the walkway to HS.
5. They apologized that no formal notice has gone out and they are working on a formal notice to be sent out.
Warn you and he now, even the calls from George's staff are often incorrect. Or honestly, they tell guests what they want to hear.
I wrote to his office when word of the Express Park to Park bus was being eliminated. Got a phone call that no, it was not going anywhere. Assured that I would have it for my trip that was in a couple of weeks. But, for the trouble of my concern, I was given 3 anytime FP for each day of our trip. Now, the Express to Express bus was eliminated, within 24 hours of that phone call. And I know darn well that person knew it was being eliminated too, that's why they offered me the FP, it was appeasement in advance. Because there's no way the person that called me couldn't of known because it was announced too soon after that call. They just couldn't admit it at that point because it hadn't been announced.

So I hope the info y'all got was 100% right but after my experience, I take what they say with a grain of salt

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!