Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Also, if anyone knows, I have a bunch of meal reservations for 2 adults and 1 child. Am I able to update to add an adult or will I have to cancel and try to rebook?
There is a change or update (forget the word used) Reservation feature for Dining. Try to add a person there. If you can't, you'll have to cancel and rebook where possible

Also, if anyone knows, I have a bunch of meal reservations for 2 adults and 1 child. Am I able to update to add an adult or will I have to cancel and try to rebook?

It would depend on the restaurant, how busy they are and how flexible they can be. I would think that very popular restaurants like O’Hanna’s, CRT, BOG, or Sci Fi, it may be difficult to add another adult. For example, I could not add my son to our original CRT reservation. Other restaurants that you can get same day reservations, should not be a problem. Then again there may be no problems.

Just left BWV yesterday: rented points for a Boardwalk view from 9/14 to 9/22. We LOVED our stay: we got room 5031, directly over the basketball boardwalk game--AMAZING view. The room was clean and lovely, and not too loud at all. We had the individual toiletries, and got full housecleaning on day 4 (Monday the 17th) and towel service on day 8 (Friday the 21st). The staff was great, though Bell Services wasn't really on top of it--we asked them to send up our bags on the first day (this was about 11 pm) and they still hadn't sent them up by midnight, when they said they'd send them right up. So my husband had to go down and fetch them.

The only real downside was the bus service: in the mornings the service was usually direct (no sharing), but coming back in the afternoon or at night was ridiculous. It usually shared with Swan/Dolphin/Beach/Yacht Club and Boardwalk was *always* last. Turns a 10/15 minute ride into like a 30/35 minute ride. Ridiculous. And then bus service to the MK was also ridiculous--we ubered two out of our three MK days because when we got to the bus stop at 7:30 or 8 am it wasn't showing a MK bus coming at all. *sigh* But aside from the bus service, we had a fantastic stay.

Also, I really loved the scent of the lobby! DH asked one of the CMs what the scent was and got told: Mediterranean Coast: citrus, green tea, musk, woody. But he forgot to ask where (if anywhere) we can buy it! Anyone know of this scent/where to buy it? or a "smell-alike"? I'd love to have it as a souvenir.
IMG_5520.JPG

Just left BWV yesterday: rented points for a Boardwalk view from 9/14 to 9/22. We LOVED our stay: we got room 5031, directly over the basketball boardwalk game--AMAZING view. The room was clean and lovely, and not too loud at all. We had the individual toiletries, and got full housecleaning on day 4 (Monday the 17th) and towel service on day 8 (Friday the 21st). The staff was great, though Bell Services wasn't really on top of it--we asked them to send up our bags on the first day (this was about 11 pm) and they still hadn't sent them up by midnight, when they said they'd send them right up. So my husband had to go down and fetch them.

The only real downside was the bus service: in the mornings the service was usually direct (no sharing), but coming back in the afternoon or at night was ridiculous. It usually shared with Swan/Dolphin/Beach/Yacht Club and Boardwalk was *always* last. Turns a 10/15 minute ride into like a 30/35 minute ride. Ridiculous. And then bus service to the MK was also ridiculous--we ubered two out of our three MK days because when we got to the bus stop at 7:30 or 8 am it wasn't showing a MK bus coming at all. *sigh* But aside from the bus service, we had a fantastic stay.

Also, I really loved the scent of the lobby! DH asked one of the CMs what the scent was and got told: Mediterranean Coast: citrus, green tea, musk, woody. But he forgot to ask where (if anywhere) we can buy it! Anyone know of this scent/where to buy it? or a "smell-alike"? I'd love to have it as a souvenir.
View attachment 353552

Great view!! We are also renting points for our November trip but we got standard view.

The worst bus service we ever had was at the Beach Club going to MK one morning. About a 30 minute wait. And there were people there before us having a fit.

I hear a lot of complaints about MK buses at the Epcot resorts.

I'm hoping for bus pixie dust during our stay!

View attachment 353552

Sorry about the buses, but glad you had a great time overall :).

The worst bus service we ever had was at the Beach Club going to MK one morning. About a 30 minute wait. And there were people there before us having a fit.

I hear a lot of complaints about MK buses at the Epcot resorts.

BC has been our worst bus experience as well. Stayed at BWI for the first time this past June and had pretty long waits for buses, but we didn't let it ruin our trip by any means as we just went with the flow and took it a day at a time ;).

Sorry about the buses, but glad you had a great time overall :).

BC has been our worst bus experience as well. Stayed at BWI for the first time this past June and had pretty long waits for buses, but we didn't let it ruin our trip by any means as we just went with the flow and took it a day at a time ;).

Yes we won't let it bother us. We will just go with the flow. Since we have 10 days we aren't in a rush and will give ourselves extra time.

If you search this board you will find the info on the scent system used at Disney, and where to buy it. I used to have the info but don't have it at my fingertips.
There is a candle maker on ETSY that does candles and tarts in many Disney scents but my personal experience with them has been poor (others have had better luck with them)
Don't know if Boardwalk is one of their scents

Gorgeous pics! We haven’t chosen our resort for next September yet but we’re leaning towards BWV. Staying there is what made us decide to buy DVC and we’ve been trying out the other resorts since.....really have missed that goofy clown LOL

advice needed. We are going during Christmas time. I really want to go walk around the Boardwalk and surrounding resorts. How do we park there without a dining reservation?

advice needed. We are going during Christmas time. I really want to go walk around the Boardwalk and surrounding resorts. How do we park there without a dining reservation?

You can utilize valet parking but it will cost you $33.

Wow, that is a wonderful view! What was your balcony like? Were you able to sit and look out over the Boardwalk? I know some are solid, which would make that difficult.

As PP said, the only 100% certain way is to valet.
Parking for a limited time to explore the Boardwalk is allowed, provided they are not doing limited parking at that time. It's really hit and miss when they do it but when they are doing it, they'll have a sandwich board sign out at the guard gate informing guests that parking is limited to Resort guests only.
If you arrive and find the sign out you can check to see if you can park at BC or YC or you can park at HS and then walk or take the boat over.

Wow, that is a wonderful view! What was your balcony like? Were you able to sit and look out over the Boardwalk? I know some are solid, which would make that difficult.
Not the PP but that room looks out over the pool so it wouldn't be able to look out over the Boardwalk too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!