Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thank you WDWKOOK :) ... Unfortunately, there are no other rooms available for our stay :( ... Oh well, I'll just keep my eyes open in case another room type becomes available ... :)
Don't give up. People cancel all the time:)

KOOK, you've outdone yourself. :thumbsup2 Great job on the new thread! :thumbsup2 For those of us who are BWI or BWV regulars, you keep the excitement going for us all year round while waiting for our next trip or thinking about our last one. For the ones who haven't yet had the experience of staying at either section of the resort, you surely give them good reason to make their reservation immediately.

(By the way, I've got a quick trip coming up from 11/2-11/6 :yay:)
You are so sweet - thank you! You were also so sweet to be the first to send me those rehabbed room photos and photos of the CL lounge:goodvibes. You'll be back soon:thumbsup2. Would it be possible to get a few more photos? If it is, we could use an armoire/dresser one and if you're staying CL, some new photos of the food service and coffee service areas would be great:)

We'll be at the BW a week from Tuesday!:cool1: we're actually starting out at the YC since we added days and the BWV were booked. I'm excited to get to enjoy views of the BW from across crescent lake, but I love the BW, so I hope the YC doesn't disappoint!

Quick question, do any of the stores at the BW sell disney crocs? I want to get some new crocs flip flops before we hit the pool and the parks our first day.
In the summer, the only store nearby that I thought I saw them was Mouse Gear at Epcot. I'm certain they must be elsewhere, but that's the only store I recall.

Ok, today is my online check in day for BWV. The only room requests were concerning floor and elevator. I have a Boardwalk view room already, but I'd like to request a large balcony. It appears that this is not an option. I had thought that I had read conversations concerning this. Is there somewhere else to request this?

I also see that it says Amenity Requests: none. I don't see anywhere to request amenities. Help!
OCI really limits your room location choices and sometimes isn't even pertinent to your booking. It's always best to call in any requests, but you can also choose OCI requests. The Room Assignor will see both sets of requests. You should call the WDTC/CRO and request an "extra large balcony." If that is your only request, it's more likely it can be honored.

BWI OCI REQUEST OPTIONS:

Hey, nice new thread, like it.

We are here at BWI for our first trip here, made it Friday morning, here til Saturday. Love the place, love the location. Check in was a breeze. We are on club level, got here around 9 am on Friday and room was ready. Awesome. We have a king bed room on 4th floor with a great boardwalk view. Have enjoyed the easy access to F&W, although Saturday was a bit too crazy with crowds. Other than that, weather is great, having a blast.

Appreciate all the help from this thread in helping tie down the details. Off to Hollywood Studios this morning, Jiko tonight!
I hope you're still having a great time and thank you for checking in with us.

Thank you so much Kook for your information and hard work!
As a somewhat newbie to Boardwalk and still learning where everything is, your info is so helpful!

18 days and counting!!
You're welcome, MUFFYCAT:). I'm glad you've found the thread helpful.

Great job once again:thumbsup2
Thank you so much!

Does anyone know if the Hess station across the street is open again? Thank you!

Robo reported on the 25 th that it had. The thread is called "Amid ..." If you search Hess it will bring up the thread. (I remembered to use the search so I could double check myself). Sorry I don't know how to link it directly.
Thank you for posting this.

Does the Hess sell alcohol?
The HESS used to have a website, but it's inactive. I think ownership was changing recently and possibly the name, but maybe not the FL stores. I'll see if I can find a new website later today.

I do not think they sell hard liquor (I'm almost sure, or I would have bought some) but they do sell beer and wine.

if you don't have a car, it took me 6 minutes (without hubby slowing me down...lol)to wlak from the outside door of the front lobby to the door of the hess (I am a waitress, so I walk fast).

I took an empty rolling luggage with me. brought back an 18 pakc of beer, 2 4 packs of little wine bottles, a couple bags of chips, and a loaf of bread. (I also want to say 2 sub sandwiches, but I'm not sure)

it was so easy to roll that back to the resort. the guy in the "toll booth" did come out and ask me what I was doing he siad they don't get many people checking into the hotel on foot. :rotfl: when I explained he thought it was a great idea.

I learned of this when I was going to DL and someone suggested taking a rolling suticase to walk to a gas station mini-mart for supplies
I love your "toll booth" story! It's always unsettling to CMs when guests aren't on a designated path, bus, boat or other official conveyance.

Here is the map with the HESS circled. There is more HESS information HERE in the SHOPPING section of the thread.

hessmap_zpsfd0b82d7.jpg

We will be staying Deluxe CL in November, our first time staying at BW.

I understand that there are only 10 of these rooms- 5 on the 4th floor and 5 on the 3rd floor. If we end up on the 3rd floor are there stairs nearby or elevator nearby to get to the 4th floor lounge?

anyone have an answer to my question??

cocoabean1- There are steps close to the rooms on the 3rd floor leading up to the 4th floor club rooms.

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it. Sorry.

Is the restaurant that's replacing Kat Kouzzina's up and running? If not, any idea when it will be? I'm interested in trying in out on our upcoming February trip. Thanks ~

I'm sure this has been answered somewhere, but I can't find it. Sorry. Is the restaurant that's replacing Kat Kouzzina's up and running? If not, any idea when it will be? I'm interested in trying in out on our upcoming February trip. Thanks ~

You should be able to make ADRs for February on the Disney dining site. Search for Trattoria al Forno. I believe the official opening date is December 18.

I just returned from my 10 nights stay at BWI yesterday and had such a wonderful time.
Before my trip I was very worried regarding the ongoing refurbishment but we ended up in a refurbished room 2282 and did not hear any construction noise. Our room was located on the second floor right next to the elevator. I loved the new decor and our room location.

The CMs of the BWI were great. I had multiple magic band issues throughout my stay and the CMs always found a way to make up for my troubles. But that is another discussion ;-)
I especially fell in love with the courtyard and the quiet pool. Such a peaceful place and a nice getaway from the hustle and bustle of the parks and the Boardwalk.
What I found very interesting is the different feel of my vacaction which I got while staying at one of the Epcot resort. It is hard to describe but it felt different than staying e.g. at one of the monorail resort. But in a very good way. I really cannot decide what I like better. I am still a huge fan of WL, CR and PL but the BWI really surprised me. And I will definitely be back to stay at one of the Epcot resorts.

Regarding the refillable mug - they only refill the mug at the bakery, pizza window, lounge and pool bar. Which was more than sufficient. I checked at Seashore Sweet and Boardwalk Joe but both that they don´t refill the mug. At the lounge you can also get Coke, Diet Coke and Sprite.

Regarding the room refurbishment: Floors 5 and 4 are completely done. On floor 3, 2 and 1 only the rooms in the left wings are done (when you walk towards the elevator from the lobby and turn left). They started work on floor 3 on the right side last week and will continue with floor 2 and finally 1. Nobody could tell me an estimate time frame. So make sure you request a refurbished room.

Hi! Considering a stay at BW/BWI for a long weekend stay in June. Going for SWW, so I want to have DHS as accessible as possible. Right now, I can book a standard room at the BW or a studio at the villas for essentially the same price, or a 1 bedroom villa for just a little more.

It's my understanding that the villas are closest to DHS, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the villas are located. Can someone post a Map for Dummies (like me) with the villas actually circled/highlighted?

How common are the daybeds in the standard rooms?

How long does it (generally) take to walk from a standard room to the DHS walkway? Keep in mind that we'd likely have a stroller.

Thanks!

Aimros said:
You should be able to make ADRs for February on the Disney dining site. Search for Trattoria al Forno. I believe the official opening date is December 18.

I know that I was able to make an ADR for our trip in early March.

Hi! Considering a stay at BW/BWI for a long weekend stay in June. Going for SWW, so I want to have DHS as accessible as possible. Right now, I can book a standard room at the BW or a studio at the villas for essentially the same price, or a 1 bedroom villa for just a little more.

It's my understanding that the villas are closest to DHS, but I can't for the life of me figure out where the villas are located. Can someone post a Map for Dummies (like me) with the villas actually circled/highlighted?

How long does it (generally) take to walk from a standard room to the DHS walkway? Keep in mind that we'd likely have a stroller.

Thanks!

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/VWL_Granny/media/BWVRoomViews.jpg.html

The Villas are the ones on the bottom left of the photo, 'closest' to you as the viewer of the photo. The center section is where the lobby is; all the rest of the building to the right and upper right is the Inn. The International Gateway entrance to Epcot is basically in the top right corner of the photo; DHS is aways along that sidewalk going along the canal, past the parking lot (past the tennis courts, past the road, past... it's a ways past the edge of the photo!) I really don't know how long it takes; my bursitis was starting to really act up the day I decided to walk to DHS. No doubt you'll get an answer to that question pretty soon.

My understanding is that the daybed is not a common occurrence. I believe they are only available in the dedicated studios; the first page of this thread says that there are only 97 of those (and 149 lockoff 1-bedrooms, so I guess about 40% of the studios are dedicated and could have a daybed.)

Thanks!

Determining how long it will take to walk to DHS is always subjective--we walk fairly quickly compared to others and hit the Studios (from the Boardwalk entrance near Jelly Rolls) in 10 minutes. Allow yourselves 15-20 for a leisurely, stroller pushing stroll and you will be fine. It isn't really that far from BWV or BWI. If the boat is leaving Boardwalk to DHS, we always arrive at DHS before it does and vice versa on the return from DHS to Boardwalk.

Yes, there are 2 sets of stairs that lead from the 3rd floor to the 4th floor that make it very convient to get to the lounge.

thank you- not really sure of the layout of the BW since this is our first time staying there. We've stayed in all the other YC & BC before and figured we'd give this one a try!!

http://s171.photobucket.com/user/VWL_Granny/media/BWVRoomViews.jpg.html

The Villas are the ones on the bottom left of the photo, 'closest' to you as the viewer of the photo. The center section is where the lobby is; all the rest of the building to the right and upper right is the Inn.

Wow, so the villas are the whole side that is closest to DHS? And it's the area where the creepy clown pool is?

Determining how long it will take to walk to DHS is always subjective--we walk fairly quickly compared to others and hit the Studios (from the Boardwalk entrance near Jelly Rolls) in 10 minutes. Allow yourselves 15-20 for a leisurely, stroller pushing stroll and you will be fine. It isn't really that far from BWV or BWI. If the boat is leaving Boardwalk to DHS, we always arrive at DHS before it does and vice versa on the return from DHS to Boardwalk.

Sorry, my question wasn't clear. We did the walk between the YC and DHS about 6 times this summer, so I'm good on the actual walk. I'm just wondering how much time it takes to get from the Boardwalk Inn rooms, rather than the villas, since the villas are right there, next to the Boardwalk. I'm wondering how accessible the walkway along the canal is from the main Inn, rather than the villas. I can't tell whether there's a shortcut to get to the walkway, or whether it's more convoluted (like, for instance, going from the Contemporary GW rooms to the MK walkway).

I took an empty rolling luggage with me. brought back an 18 pakc of beer, 2 4 packs of little wine bottles, a couple bags of chips, and a loaf of bread. (I also want to say 2 sub sandwiches, but I'm not sure)

it was so easy to roll that back to the resort. the guy in the "toll booth" did come out and ask me what I was doing he siad they don't get many people checking into the hotel on foot. :rotfl: when I explained he thought it was a great idea.

:lmao: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I have a small, travel dolly for work for moving boxes. I'll use it to load up cases of water and wheel them to the room.

!

Considering this and your other post, add the minutes it takes to get from the BWI room to the Luna pool. You can walk right past the pool and onto the walkway. I'd have to guess a few extra minutes, depending on elevator time. Having never stayed on the BWI side, I'm not sure about the different exits or how far the rooms are from the lobby.

ya know, the 1st time we stayed at BWV, I walked over and awkwardly carried back an 18 pack of beer, and some chips or something.

when we stayed at hojo in annaheim, someone suggested the rolling suitcase thing and I was like """DOH!!!!"" why didn't I think of that?

Wow, so the villas are the whole side that is closest to DHS? And it's the area where the creepy clown pool is?

Sorry, my question wasn't clear. We did the walk between the YC and DHS about 6 times this summer, so I'm good on the actual walk. I'm just wondering how much time it takes to get from the Boardwalk Inn rooms, rather than the villas, since the villas are right there, next to the Boardwalk. I'm wondering how accessible the walkway along the canal is from the main Inn, rather than the villas. I can't tell whether there's a shortcut to get to the walkway, or whether it's more convoluted (like, for instance, going from the Contemporary GW rooms to the MK walkway).

To get to the walkway from the Inn side, you would have to go down to the lobby floor, through the lobby, and across to the Villa side, down the villa elevator one floor to the ground floor to walk. Like Goody said, that's the same thing you would need to do to go to the :clown:pool from your room. I think even if you were at the furthest point on the Inn side it wouldn't add more than 5-7 minutes, give or take, maybe depending on elevator wait times, which never seem to be too bad.

KOOK, I will do my best to get the photos that you requested. Would you like me to e mail them to you as I did the last time? If so, could you please send me a PM with the info again?

Thanks for this! We're there that week, so we just made an ADR that night. Generally the worse thing you can do is try a place when they first open and haven't worked out the kinks, but what the heck? :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter