Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

No, only 1 bedroom and larger units have W/D in the units. There is a laundry room for studio guests, but I’ve never used it and don’t know where it is.

It’s on the first floor by the elevators. I’ve used it before and it’s the only laundry room where I’ve had issues with people moving my laundry despite being there 1 minute after finishing time.

I'm staying in BWI side (first time at Boardwalk resort), we only have a standard view, but my wishes are pretty simple, I think. 2 queens with a daybed, not ground floor, and a full size balcony. I've looked at the TP roof finder, and I'm having a hard time deciding what room(s) to request. I see a handful of rooms on the 5th floor that actually have interesting views, but thats not a huge deal, but curiosity makes me wonder whats wrong with those rooms :). Will any of the rooms along the walkway be fine (floor 3,4,5) with my needs? The disney site lists that not all rooms have a daybed in them, that may cause a revolt!

Thanks

I'm staying in BWI side (first time at Boardwalk resort), we only have a standard view, but my wishes are pretty simple, I think. 2 queens with a daybed, not ground floor, and a full size balcony. I've looked at the TP roof finder, and I'm having a hard time deciding what room(s) to request. I see a handful of rooms on the 5th floor that actually have interesting views, but thats not a huge deal, but curiosity makes me wonder whats wrong with those rooms :). Will any of the rooms along the walkway be fine (floor 3,4,5) with my needs? The disney site lists that not all rooms have a daybed in them, that may cause a revolt!

Thanks
The one thing to be aware of is the smoking area on the lobby floor... On the map it looks to be pretty close to the patio of some of the rooms )looks like around 2289 (which is a King room, but next door is a 2 Queen), but I don't have first hand experience with it, so not sure). If that would be an issue, you might request a room further down the line along the bus station walkway, or a higher floor.

upload_2018-7-18_11-19-37.png

If I rented points from an owner (through a service), is there a way for me to request an actual room number?

If I rented points from an owner (through a service), is there a way for me to request an actual room number?

You cannot contact DVC Member Services if you are not a member. You can ask the owner to call in your request. You can try the Touring Plans service which sends in a request for you.

We are staying at the BWI. We we have access to the Laundry facility.

My husband asked me this question and I think I would be too embarrassed to do this, but if we buy something cold from the store on the Boardwalk, will we be able to use the microwave at the Bakery?

We are staying at the BWI. We we have access to the Laundry facility.

My husband asked me this question and I think I would be too embarrassed to do this, but if we buy something cold from the store on the Boardwalk, will we be able to use the microwave at the Bakery?

Of course. No need to be embarrassed, it's why they are there for guests to use.

Of course. No need to be embarrassed, it's why they are there for guests to use.
We were just at BWI and there is also a microwave at the store on the boardwalk(Screen Door??) they sell frozen food items and I saw one next to the bakery counter with plates, etc. I don’t remember seeing it there before.

You can ask the member you rented from to add your request to your reservation. But it really isn't good to request a specific room because the odds are (especially with DVC villas since they are usually 95-97% occupied) that the villa will not be vacant when you arrive. Better to make a general request, like floor number, view (leisure pool instead of Luna Park pool), High floor/low floor, etc. And DVC resorts usually do not accept faxes since they asked members not to bother with faxes and just add the request to the reservation.

Can I get a case of water at the store? I'm not sure if we are going to do a grocery order. If we don't I would like to pick up water if I can. If not I'll just place an order.

It’s on the first floor by the elevators. I’ve used it before and it’s the only laundry room where I’ve had issues with people moving my laundry despite being there 1 minute after finishing time.

Are the laundry rooms also connected to the app and credit card only?

Are the laundry rooms also connected to the app and credit card only?

If you are asking about the Villas laundry room for studio guests, the washers/dryers are free, but you need to provide your own laundry detergents, etc. I have never used the app, but based on the reply from Dis_Yoda, they must be.

If you are asking about the Villas laundry room for studio guests, the washers/dryers are free, but you need to provide your own laundry detergents, etc. I have never used the app, but based on the reply from Dis_Yoda, they must be.

Very nice ! We are staying in a studio on rented points. Will they be free even though we aren’t the DVC member? Thanks !

Very nice ! We are staying in a studio on rented points. Will they be free even though we aren’t the DVC member? Thanks !

Yes, although I have never used them--no :laundy: on vacation for this gal. I have poked my head in though to check it out. I found it neat and tidy although small.

Yes, although I have never used them--no :laundy: on vacation for this gal. I have poked my head in though to check it out. I found it neat and tidy although small.

I’m usually against laundry on vacation but we’re staying 9 nights (just DD and myself) and i figure during our pool morning (before MVMCP) i can throw a load or two in.

We stayed 10 nights one August and i had to wash clothes on our pool/rest day. Our clothes were just funky from the sweat. We did it during our pool day. It’s not bad when you can throw 2-3 loads at once and make the kids fold it. :rotfl:

Last edited:
The one thing to be aware of is the smoking area on the lobby floor... On the map it looks to be pretty close to the patio of some of the rooms )looks like around 2289 (which is a King room, but next door is a 2 Queen), but I don't have first hand experience with it, so not sure). If that would be an issue, you might request a room further down the line along the bus station walkway, or a higher floor.
View attachment 337739

Wow, this got me thinking about our first several years of ownership when I believe the entire 2nd floor was the smoking section. Hard to imagine now!

View attachment 337739

Does anyone have any experience with this? Only a request but did put in one for this general are so would just need to update our request :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter