Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are headed down next month staying at the villas garden/poll view 8/9-8/14; can’t wait! First time staying at Boardwalk; I love it from pictures and the location is wonderful.

Love this thread! I was looking at pics of the Luna Park pool and I like that it appears as though I should be able to keep an eye on both kids there. I’ll be on my own this time with the kids and am looking forward to having both parks to walk to. :)

I’ve been having fun playing with google earth’s 2D, 3D, and street view of the property

I’ll be using the touringplans room finder fax; requesting a view over village green or a view of Tower of Terror. Will see what happens. We have used them twice before; once didn’t really help us, but the second gave us exactly what we were looking for. I’ll report back in case anyone is interested.
I use TP for all my trips, and have had pretty good results. Usually they get me pretty close to what I request. The only real mess up was on Disney's side, and in the end, they made it right for us.

I use TP for all my trips, and have had pretty good results. Usually they get me pretty close to what I request. The only real mess up was on Disney's side, and in the end, they made it right for us.

Good to know, thank you!

Good to know, thank you!

Even before TP started offering this, I have been faxing requests to Disney, on my own, for years. My last 3 trips, I have received the EXACT room number which I requested and prior to those 3 trips, I was in one of my 3 room numbers I presented to them in my fax. Again, anyone can do this and it is FREE to try. I don't know how others have been on what they have done, but you definitely DO NOT need to use TP to do this.

Even before TP started offering this, I have been faxing requests to Disney, on my own, for years. My last 3 trips, I have received the EXACT room number which I requested and prior to those 3 trips, I was in one of my 3 room numbers I presented to them in my fax. Again, anyone can do this and it is FREE to try. I don't know how others have been on what they have done, but you definitely DO NOT need to use TP to do this.

Good to know!

Good to know!
Just a few hints: 1) Requests only for room levels you have a reservation for. For example, don't request a preferred location if you have not paid for one. 2) Send the fax 2-3 days prior to your arrival. This is when they will assigning rooms for upcoming stays. 3) Be specific and provide options. Don't just put one room number down, but I usually provide my top 3. 4) Give reasons why you want this room. For example, upper floor as I am a light sleeper. Near elevators as I am handicapped etc. 5) Provide all your contact information and reservation reservation details from check in to check out in the fax. Include your reservation number ! 6) Fax this to the room assigner at the resort you are going to be staying at. The fax numbers for each resort are available online. Don't fax it to the general Disney fax number, it will never help you and will get discarded.

It has worked for me and I will use it again any time I go.

Just a few hints: 1) Requests only for room levels you have a reservation for. For example, don't request a preferred location if you have not paid for one. 2) Send the fax 2-3 days prior to your arrival. This is when they will assigning rooms for upcoming stays. 3) Be specific and provide options. Don't just put one room number down, but I usually provide my top 3. 4) Give reasons why you want this room. For example, upper floor as I am a light sleeper. Near elevators as I am handicapped etc. 5) Provide all your contact information and reservation reservation details from check in to check out in the fax. Include your reservation number ! 6) Fax this to the room assigner at the resort you are going to be staying at. The fax numbers for each resort are available online. Don't fax it to the general Disney fax number, it will never help you and will get discarded.

It has worked for me and I will use it again any time I go.

Thanks- I’m planning to be pretty generic - that we would appreciate the Village Green area or, if not available, then a view toward Tower of Terror.

We have a garden/pool studio villa reserved, which would appear to make those valid. Do you think that would be enough? I really am not hugely concerned if we don’t get either of those, though I guess if neither, then close to elevator would be my third choice. Maybe I should add that?

Hi everyone.
on floor plans i see a staircase at the far end of the BWI cottages. Does anyone know if this staircase gives you access from the 4th floor CL rooms to the ground?

Wondering if you can use that to get to the quiet pool.
thanks!

Hey @disney food, if you mean the stairs at the far Epcot end of the 4th floor near 4202, then yes it will open near Garden Suite 1215. Note that there is another set of Exit stairs next to 4266 right before the Inn Keeper's Club level doors that exit next to Garden Suite 1201.

While these stairs are not themed since they are Fire Exits (just painted concrete blocks), they are quite functional and in my view much quicker way down to the Quite pool then schlepping to the elevators and waiting. Note the last time I used these stairs there was a MB reader on the 1st floor door (Exit) that required a valid MB/Key Card for re-entry during certain hours. We ran into this issue when trying to reenter one night after swimming at the quiet pool but it worked fine since we had MBs.

Dave

Hey @disney food, if you mean the stairs at the far Epcot end of the 4th floor near 4202, then yes it will open near Garden Suite 1215. Note that there is another set of Exit stairs next to 4266 right before the Inn Keeper's Club level doors that exit next to Garden Suite 1201.

While these stairs are not themed since they are Fire Exits (just painted concrete blocks), they are quite functional and in my view much quicker way down to the Quite pool then schlepping to the elevators and waiting. Note the last time I used these stairs there was a MB reader on the 1st floor door (Exit) that required a valid MB/Key Card for re-entry during certain hours. We ran into this issue when trying to reenter one night after swimming at the quiet pool but it worked fine since we had MBs.

Dave

Thanks so much for confirming that! For some reason i really like the view from that side (pool, cottages) and with pool access it seems like a good spot.

While I love the Boardwalk view, the inner courtyard is much quieter then the Boardwalk view due to the boat horns from the Friendships. Did I mention that I have hated those horns since 1996 when the Boardwalk opened and our first BWI stay. Yes I know the boat horns predate the Boardwalk Resort but the Boardwalk view rooms are really close to the Friendship dock.

Yes I hear the horns from the YC / BC but the buildings are much, much farther away from the dock that is extended quite a way over Crescent lake, which adds distance.

Note: I have real sympathy for any guests staying at the Polynesian Bungalows, paying big dollars or using a crazy number of DVC points just to hear the TTC sounds!

Dave

Goodness! I went to make our FPs this am and the site crashed. I called, 90 min wait for a human. I kept refreshing and finally after 30min it came back, but not smoothly. I had to keep refreshing as I went about making them. And I haven’t received any emails with the confirmation, but did take pics of the pages with the FPs on it. It was so stressful and aggravating. I didn’t get everything I wanted but I got most, so I’ll be happy with that. I’m glad that’s over. I’ll probably keep checking to see about getting the times, etc better. I need a drink!

The site had problems all day yesterday, I studier due to the Candlelight Processional dining packages being released.

we have a reservation for DVC - boardwalk view. We really just want to enjoy our view of the boardwalk on a balcony. Any room/type of recommendations? Thanks!

Thanks, so that reduces options if you have a Boardwalk View Studio: upper floor, lower floor, near the Elevators or "not" near the Elevators. There is only 1 building (North BLDG) that overlooks the boardwalk. You can always request a specific floor.

There are 2 Studios on the 1st floor right at just about 6 feet above the boardwalk level with a balcony that looks directly at the boardwalk. On floors 2-5 there are 6-8 Studios per floor. The lobby is located on the 2nd floor and the elevators are located right off the lobby.

Note: there a no quite rooms that overlook the Boardwalk until after about 11 PM most seasons.

Dave

So excited! I just rented points and secured a Preferred view studio for BWV for next May. I understand that this view could be Boardwalk, pool or garden. What are the chances we'd get a Boardwalk view? I plan on requesting one through TP, where I've had great luck in the past, but don't want to get my hopes up if it's likely we won't get one.

So excited! I just rented points and secured a Preferred view studio for BWV for next May. I understand that this view could be Boardwalk, pool or garden. What are the chances we'd get a Boardwalk view? I plan on requesting one through TP, where I've had great luck in the past, but don't want to get my hopes up if it's likely we won't get one.

Boardwalk view and P/G view are separate booking categories for DVC reservations (but not for cash reservations). So the owner you rented from should be able to tell you now which one was booked for you.

ERA: And when you link the confirmation number to your MDE, it will tell you as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!