Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

I wil be staying in September I got a hold of a BW villa. I only got standard 1 bedroom. Can anyone tell me a good building or room to request?? I have had some back surgery and Do not want a far walk to get to Boardwalk to Epcot.. Thank you
There is only 1 building at BWI/V.
The exit is pretty much the same for everyone so your walk is really not going to vary no matter where your room is, especially on the Villa side.
Best advice is to get on the Touring Plans website and review the room finder and familiarize yourself with the layout of the resort.
You'll see what I mean.

I wil be staying in September I got a hold of a BW villa. I only got standard 1 bedroom. Can anyone tell me a good building or room to request?? I have had some back surgery and Do not want a far walk to get to Boardwalk to Epcot.. Thank you
Did you book through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center? That will make a difference. If DVC it will be along the front drive of the building and the hallway to get to your villa could be long. If through Disney Reservation Center, it could be longer because you will probably get a pool/garden view and it might be all the way at the end of the front corridor towards the BW. BWV has long, long corridors. And that could give you a long walk to Epcot unless you just take a boat.

If you booked on points (your own or rented), this might be helpful:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/courtesy-of-shamus-bwv-villa-locations-by-view.2931467/

But, as mentioned above, if you booked through the regular Disney Reservation Office (1-407-W-DISNEY) or the regular Disney website(disneyworld.com), they tell you that you booked standard view but you might be put in a garden/pool view villa.

Did you book through DVC or through Disney Reservation Center? That will make a difference. If DVC it will be along the front drive of the building and the hallway to get to your villa could be long. If through Disney Reservation Center, it could be longer because you will probably get a pool/garden view and it might be all the way at the end of the front corridor towards the BW. BWV has long, long corridors. And that could give you a long walk to Epcot unless you just take a boat.
I was through reservation system.

If you booked it directly with Disney through the web or Central Reservation Office (CRO), call and update your reservation and request a view of the Village Green as your first request, close to lobby as your second choice. If you do online check-in, don't make any requests, they may interfere with your previous requests and can confuse the room assigner.

The Village Green is on the Boardwalk side of the building and a 1 Br may be on floor 2-5 a total of 4 rooms are available with this view. The lobby level is on floor 2 and all of these 1 Br are near the elevators.

Dave

Thank you For the suggestions. THAT IS GREAT TO KNOW. I was trying to get the Inn . I have never stayed in a villa.

10 more days until we are home!! Absolutely the best place to stay! I had reserved Polynesian Villas and then thought “what am I thinking?” I went on a waitlist and thankfully it came through! Never again will I think I want to stay somewhere else. Everyone enjoy!!

Do all rooms at BWI have a daybed? Touring Plans seems to indicate that the club level rooms do not. I wanted club level with two queens and a daybed, but I'll give up club level if I have to to get the daybed.

Do all rooms at BWI have a daybed? Touring Plans seems to indicate that the club level rooms do not. I wanted club level with two queens and a daybed, but I'll give up club level if I have to to get the daybed.
We haven't had a day bed in any of our rooms, CL or not

If you booked it directly with Disney through the web or Central Reservation Office (CRO), call and update your reservation and request a view of the Village Green as your first request, close to lobby as your second choice. If you do online check-in, don't make any requests, they may interfere with your previous requests and can confuse the room assigner.

The Village Green is on the Boardwalk side of the building and a 1 Br may be on floor 2-5 a total of 4 rooms are available with this view. The lobby level is on floor 2 and all of these 1 Br are near the elevators.

Dave
I thought Village Green villas were only studios.

Nope, there is at least one 1-BR - we stayed in one several years ago. Weren't happy when we first arrived but came to like it within a day (the balcony was huge, and people watching was wonderful).

We haven't had a day bed in any of our rooms, CL or not

Thanks! I thought we had one but apparently not all of them do. I must have been thinking of YC/BC where every room has a daybed (I think?). Well, I've requested one, and if we don't get it my daughter can just sleep with me.

Seeing some laundry posts. What is the best detergent for those washers? I always order Tide Liquid from Garden Grocer - we do a ton of towel cleanings - and we've been known to do at least two loads a day.....

Seeing some laundry posts. What is the best detergent for those washers? I always order Tide Liquid from Garden Grocer - we do a ton of towel cleanings - and we've been known to do at least two loads a day.....
The washers in the villas are standard washers (not HE). But usually the ones in the laundry rooms are HE washers.

Just booked a Studio Villa for next February for a *probably* solo trip. Lots of firsts. First time at Boardwalk. First time doing DVC or a Deluxe. First time spending a full week. First time seeing Hollywood Studios. First time back at Epcot since the 90's. First time being the planner for a trip. I'm super excited. A little nervous. But excited.

I do have a question I haven’t seen an answer for. Are you able to use your own devices (roku sticks, Nintendo switches, etc) with the new tv’s or do they have them locked down? I know the old smaller ones were open, but haven’t seen anyone say about the new ones.

As I indicated in my previous post there is one 1 Br per floor 2-5 in the Village Green section. They are shown in the picture below in the red box. They are right over the Wyland Gallery doors. They are at the Boardwalk end of a line of Studio units right before the hallway rounds the corner at the Boardwalk area.

Nope, there is at least one 1-BR - we stayed in one several years ago. Weren't happy when we first arrived but came to like it within a day (the balcony was huge, and people watching was wonderful).
Correct, both of the 3rd floor unit's balconies are oversized due to the building facade setback as are all the 3rd floor balconies in this section.

Boardwalk Villas 1Br.jpg

Dave

Last edited:
I do have a question I haven’t seen an answer for. Are you able to use your own devices (roku sticks, Nintendo switches, etc) with the new tv’s or do they have them locked down? I know the old smaller ones were open, but haven’t seen anyone say about the new ones.
We took our FireStick in February and had no problem using it on the new TV.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter