Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

How hard is it to reserve standard view rooms in early October using points 11 months out? I know it’s food and wine.

How hard is it to reserve standard view rooms in early October using points 11 months out? I know it’s food and wine.

While we do not own DVC, we frequently rent in early October and have never had a problem getting a garden/pool view at 11 months--I understand it is tougher to get a standard, but then again--we have always wanted a pool/garden view.

What category are the BWI rooms facing the Village Green? Some of the Touring Plan info says garden, and some says water.

Standard view Studios and 2-bedrooms go the fastest but 1-bedroom villas book up a little more slowly. If I wanted a studio or 2-BR, I'd be signed in online with everything ready for me to click Book at 8:00 AM sharp (ET) the morning the 11-month window opened. They're not impossible to get but they book up pretty quickly.

Are there picnic tables by the leisure pool on the villas side? I understand that is where the grill is, correct? Wasn't sure if we could eat relatively close to where we are grilling. TIA!

What category are the BWI rooms facing the Village Green? Some of the Touring Plan info says garden, and some says water.

Garden/pool view a/k/a "preferred view"--this is our favorite area and on the lobby floor. I thought there were only two other views, Boardwalk and Standard, but I could be wrong.

The newest category for BWI rooms is garden view (didn't realize they had updated TP..but glad that they did..)...and while previously you could have a Village Green view within the standard room category...If you want a VG view now...you would have to book a GV room...
I think the very last room that is closest to the boardwalk itself might be considered water view...but Im not positive about that...
Hth...:thumbsup2

Garden/pool view a/k/a "preferred view"--this is our favorite area and on the lobby floor. I thought there were only two other views, Boardwalk and Standard, but I could be wrong.

The newest category for BWI rooms is garden view (didn't realize they had updated TP..but glad that they did..)...and while previously you could have a Village Green view within the standard room category...If you want a VG view now...you would have to book a GV room...
I think the very last room that is closest to the boardwalk itself might be considered water view...but Im not positive about that...
Hth...:thumbsup2

Thanks. It looks like a beautiful view for the garden rate!

Be on line when booking opens 11 months out and you should be able to book what you need. Wait a day or two and you might not get it. Try through a broker and forget it; just book garden/pool instead.

We just got to the resort to find the best pixie dust surprise. They upgraded our room from regular garden view to a Cottage which means Club Level access! So excited to get to see the staff again.
congratulations on the upgrade!!! so happy for you. Jim and I will be there on Tuesday to say hi to Redgie, we are staying at the Beach Club but will pop over to say hi to every one.

congratulations on the upgrade!!! so happy for you. Jim and I will be there on Tuesday to say hi to Redgie, we are staying at the Beach Club but will pop over to say hi to every one.
He was working tonight. It was awesome to see him. He'd seen our posts on Facebook that we were here but didn't know if he'd see us or not. Since we weren't expecting to get CL we hadn't said anything to him. If tried to book it but the rooms were sold out so I couldn't.

I have to say too, the cottages are so cute! We are officially spoiled

I have seen on other forums people say that if you book a standard view deluxe studio through Disney that you usually get a room with a pool/garden view, but that when booking with points you will receive a view of the parking lot (aka, the standard view) for sure. Is this true? I booked through Disney but just got a standard view, so I'm curious what to expect. We're not DVC members.

Two random questions!

1. At the Beach Club, I know there's the "trick" to follow the signs to Room 1501 to get the closest to Epcot with staying inside/in the AC for the longest time. Are there similar tricks for walking to DHS/Epcot where you stay inside for as long as possible?

2. I read on a dining review lately that said for an extra fee, you can order room service from any of the restaurants at the Boardwalk. How does this work?? Do they have the menus for ESPN, Big River, Trattoria, etc. in the room with the regular Boardwalk room service menu? Do you call the regular room service line or do you have to call the restaurant? And can you order from two different restaurants and have them deliver say a pizza from Trattoria and nachos from ESPN at the same time? We were excited to learn about this offering and would love to know the details! TIA!!

I have seen on other forums people say that if you book a standard view deluxe studio through Disney that you usually get a room with a pool/garden view, but that when booking with points you will receive a view of the parking lot (aka, the standard view) for sure. Is this true? I booked through Disney but just got a standard view, so I'm curious what to expect. We're not DVC members.

Yes, it's true. I recently booked a standard view villa with cash through Disney, and I requested and received a pool view room.

Yes, it's true. I recently booked a standard view villa with cash through Disney, and I requested and received a pool view room.
Can I ask, how did you make your request? Did you call or do the touring plans fax? Or something different?
Thanks!

Can I ask, how did you make your request? Did you call or do the touring plans fax? Or something different?
Thanks!

I used the Touring Plans fax, and I got the room next door to the one I requested. I tend to have good luck with their service and I think it is because I add specific priorities in the notes section. For example, this time I added the following notes: (1) First Priority: top floor (2) Second Priority: North building (3) Third Priority: View of Luna Pool. It seems adding these notes gives the room assigners a concrete rational of why I requested a particular room and helps them meet the request. Or maybe I am just lucky. :confused3 Also, when I use the online check-in, I never make requests that will contradict my fax.

Edit: The specific room I requested was 5040 and I got 5044. It was a studio with a view of the Tower of Terror and the nightly fireworks in Hollywood Studios.

Last edited:
I used the Touring Plans fax, and I got the room next door to the one I requested. I tend to have good luck with their service and I think it is because I add specific priorities in the notes section. For example, this time I added the following notes: (1) First Priority: top floor (2) Second Priority: North building (3) Third Priority: View of Luna Pool. It seems adding these notes gives the room assigners a concrete rational of why I requested a particular room and helps them meet the request. Or maybe I am just lucky. :confused3 Also, when I use the online check-in, I never make requests that will contradict my fax.

Edit: The specific room I requested was 5040 and I got 5044. It was a studio with a view of the Tower of Terror and the nightly fireworks in Hollywood Studios.
One last question, I promise! Why did you request the North building over a Lina Pool view? I'm not familiar with the benefits and disadvantages of each of the buildings. So I wondered what you like about the North one.
Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter