Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hello I am sure this has been answered before, but do all the rooms at the BWV's have balconies. I saw that at the BC some rooms have the standing only balcony and I really enjoy sitting on the balcony. I have never stayed at BWV's so a balcony in a standard studio view is my top request thank you.

Hello I am sure this has been answered before, but do all the rooms at the BWV's have balconies. I saw that at the BC some rooms have the standing only balcony and I really enjoy sitting on the balcony. I have never stayed at BWV's so a balcony in a standard studio view is my top request thank you.
Yes, all DVC rooms have a balcony or a patio, with the exception of one villa at BRV. The hotel portion of BC does not have full balconies on all rooms, the DVC portion does.
Denise

Thank you Denise! A balcony really makes a difference to me, I love to sit out on them in the early morning and late night.

It is know as a food Kiosk and it is by the Bakery / Pizza window on the Inn side of the Boardwalk. It serves Lunch / Dinner / Snacks ( 11 AM - 11 PM ) with seating limited to outdoor options only. There are some tables & benches in this area and benches all along the Boardwalk. We have been know to grab a bite there, while not a 5 Star Michelin option the food is good.

Menu link: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/dining/boardwalk/boardwalk-hot-dogs/menus/

ETA: If you are considering the Boardwalk To Go Kiosk then add the Boardwalk Bakery or even the Screen Door on the (Villas) side of the boardwalk for "Grab & Go" sandwiches and salad options.

Dave

My favorite guilty pleasure is the Mac and cheese bites.

As an extra special treat I'm thinking of booking a 2 bedroom suite for our stay in August. Does anyone have thoughts on if it's worth the money? We usually stay in a deluxe room. I would love to hear from anyone that has stayed in the suites. Do they have boardwalk views? We enjoy sitting on the balcony looking at the lake and the shows on the boardwalk.

Hmm, might be some confusion on what you are asking about, there are only two (2) Suites: Steeplechase Presidential Suite & the Sonora Vice Presidential Suite. Both have a Boardwalk view along the lines of what you have had in one of the Deluxe rooms.

There are four (4) 2 bedroom rooms and none of them have a Boardwalk view. Three overlook the inner courtyard and one: 4205 has a view of trees facing EPCOT.

Dave

Hmm, might be some confusion on what you are asking about, there are only two (2) Suites: Steeplechase Presidential Suite & the Sonora Vice Presidential Suite. Both have a Boardwalk view along the lines of what you have had in one of the Deluxe rooms.

There are four (4) 2 bedroom rooms and none of them have a Boardwalk view. Three overlook the inner courtyard and one: 4205 has a view of trees facing EPCOT.

Dave
Unless you are talking about the villas, then there are multiple two bedroom lock off villas, plus about six or seven three bedroom Grand Villas.

I can't believe we'll be there in less than 2 weeks! it's the boardwalk entertainment nightly? or only on specific dates?

It depends on what entertainment you are looking for:

Atlantic Dance is open five nights a week. Tuesday through Saturday. Open 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Call 407-939-2444 for more information.
Jellyrolls a sing-along bar, Jellyrolls is open from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. nightly. There's a $12 cover charge, but no drink minimum. Must be 21. Weekends can be very busy after 9 PM.
Boardwalk Buskers, an assortment of live entertainers who perform 6:30 - 10:30 PM, Thursday-Saturdays (may vary by season) along the BoardWalk.

Dave

I'm thinking about a May 2019 stay at the BWI with my teenage DS. We would just want a room with 2 double beds. I've read through a lot of the thread, but I'm still SO CONFUSED about how the room categories! I typically go on Touring Plans room finder to see the views. For some reason, it has only the rooms facing the back (where the garden suites are) on it. Is it just a mistake? I wish there was a map with the room categories on it. I love requesting rooms through TP (and usually have great luck getting what I've asked for!), but I have no idea what rooms are categorized as what section.

It depends on what entertainment you are looking for:

Atlantic Dance is open five nights a week. Tuesday through Saturday. Open 9 p.m. to 2 a.m. Call 407-939-2444 for more information.
Jellyrolls a sing-along bar, Jellyrolls is open from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. nightly. There's a $12 cover charge, but no drink minimum. Must be 21. Weekends can be very busy after 9 PM.
Boardwalk Buskers, an assortment of live entertainers who perform 6:30 - 10:30 PM, Thursday-Saturdays (may vary by season) along the BoardWalk.

Dave

thanks! yes, I guess I was thinking about the buskers. we're planning an evening at the resort on a Thursday so I hope that is schedule! thanks!

I was doing some research on this rainy Saturday and found BOARDWALK TO GO. They have hot dogs, cheeseburgers, pulled pork and other fast food options. It looks like a food chart located on the Boardwalk. This may solve my lunch dilemma on arrival day. Does anyone know if it is always open or if the food is decent for a quick meal?

As many times that I have stayed at the Boardwalk - and its got to be over 10 by now - I never noticed the quick service carts\pizza to go - open during the day! Always seems so quiet & "dead" there during the day. Then again, I only see it around 2-3 when we come back to the parks for our pool time.

We usually hit the Boardwalk for food at breakfast time (Bakery) or evening (ESPN for the sports - otherwise horrible, horrible food) - and let's not forget my new favorite - Ample Hills!!!!

Will anyone else admit up to having ice cream in place of a meal??? :)

Unless you are talking about the villas, then there are multiple two bedroom lock off villas, plus about six or seven three bedroom Grand Villas.
Thanks for the information. When I called I asked for a 2 bedroom suite so I'm not exactly sure if the cast member gave me the proper information. I guess I'll have to do a little more research. Thanks again!

What would be your room requests?

We are staying at a pool view studio, and have no idea if I should request anything at all... like being close to the lobby or an elevator, ground or highest floor, etc...

2 adults, 2 kids in our party, no strollers or mobility issues.

What would you request?

thanks!

Thanks for the information. When I called I asked for a 2 bedroom suite so I'm not exactly sure if the cast member gave me the proper information. I guess I'll have to do a little more research. Thanks again!
There is a difference between suites and villas.

We are staying at a pool view studio, and have no idea if I should request anything at all... like being close to the lobby or an elevator, ground or highest floor, etc...

What would you request?

thanks!
This is so personal.
We (2 adults) have stayed overlooking the quiet pool which was nice because it was close to the stairs leading to the front of the resort and the buses. It also allows a potential view of HS fireworks. I would check out Touring Plans for their views and Disboards map of BW room categories.

What would you request?

thanks!
You could request Luna Park which is the themed pool and tends to be a little more noisy during the day. Or the leisure pool which might be a little less noisy out there. Or you could request Village Green and get no pool, but get the grassy area between the Inn and the Villas. Luna Park tends to be a bit closer to the elevator, Village Green can be real close to the elevator.

I was doing some research on this rainy Saturday and found BOARDWALK TO GO. They have hot dogs, cheeseburgers, pulled pork and other fast food options. It looks like a food chart located on the Boardwalk. This may solve my lunch dilemma on arrival day. Does anyone know if it is always open or if the food is decent for a quick meal?

As many times that I have stayed at the Boardwalk - and its got to be over 10 by now - I never noticed the quick service carts\pizza to go - open during the day! Always seems so quiet & "dead" there during the day. Then again, I only see it around 2-3 when we come back to the parks for our pool time.

We have stayed at the Boardwalk in the first week of December 2016 and the last week of January this year. We have always found the to go kiosk and pizza window to be open at lunchtime (11-noon). It is generally not busy at lunch time. The food is good for what it is. I think it is a better value than QS in the parks. Sometimes it is nice to just grab some food and eat in the room or on balcony for a break during the day.

Boardwalk wait list comes through again! I had a split stay (views, not resorts) for December. Waitlisted the two pool view days for Boardwalk view and got notified today. Rarely fails.

I'm curious as to when you had your waitlist for? Mine wound up coming through and I'm wondering if it's a domino effect of you getting yours and then giving up what I needed. I needed Sunday, Dec 23 in a pool/garden studio. I also lucked out and was able to string together six nights in a standard studio :) Congratulations on yours coming through!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!