Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

If I rent points for a standard view studio what will my view be like?? There are two options. Standard or Preferred. What is the difference?

Are you able to use the annual pass discount on the resort mugs?
Not sure - I haven't tried there and only have used the dining plan. However, I have used the Tables in Wonderland Card before at All Stars Resort and it did take 20% off the mug - so hopefully it counts as a discountable food item!

If I rent points for a standard view studio what will my view be like?? There are two options. Standard or Preferred. What is the difference?

When I rented points for a standard view, our room overlooked the front entrance and bus stop. I actually enjoyed our view, we could see the higher fireworks from EPCOT and rented points again for a standard view. The owner I rented from requested higher floor so hoping to get the same type of view. I think the preferred is either Boardwalk or Pool/Garden and both are actual booking categories. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

When I rented points for a standard view, our room overlooked the front entrance and bus stop. I actually enjoyed our view, we could see the higher fireworks from EPCOT and rented points again for a standard view. The owner I rented from requested higher floor so hoping to get the same type of view. I think the preferred is either Boardwalk or Pool/Garden and both are actual booking categories. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm fine with that. I put in my request to rent for November. I know it's a busy dvc time so I'm hoping I get something. Even if I have to split stay. I plan on requesting high floor near elevator if I manage to get a room.

I'm fine with that. I put in my request to rent for November. I know it's a busy dvc time so I'm hoping I get something. Even if I have to split stay. I plan on requesting high floor near elevator if I manage to get a room.
Do you mean for this November? Like 2017? Everything is booked and has been for a long time. If you are talking about 2018 and you have someone that owns at BWV then your chances are very good. Standard views overlook the main drive up area and the tennis courts/parking lot. I'm not sure what preferred would be. That's not a DVC category but I'm thinking they are calling that pool/garden view. So you guessed it, you would look at either a pool or gardens.

I think you're mixing apples and oranges.

If a member makes a reservation through DVC, there are 3 booking categories. Standard view. Boardwalk view. Garden/pool view. They cost a different number of points. Since Standard view studios costs the least number of points, these rooms book quickly. (If you "rent points," a member is making a reservation through DVC for you.)

My understanding is that if you book through Disney World (either online or by calling 407-W-DISNEY or by having a travel agent make the resie for you), there are 2 booking categories. Standard view or Preferred view. "Preferred view" means whatever Disney happens to have open which is not Standard view.

Edit: but I see that the "cost calculator" on David's rental company website shows the options of Standard or Preferred, and I don't know why since they have members make resies through DVC.

Do you mean for this November? Like 2017? Everything is booked and has been for a long time. If you are talking about 2018 and you have someone that owns at BWV then your chances are very good. Standard views overlook the main drive up area and the tennis courts/parking lot. I'm not sure what preferred would be. That's not a DVC category but I'm thinking they are calling that pool/garden view. So you guessed it, you would look at either a pool or gardens.

For 2018. I'm only going by what Davids and the DVC Store have when making a request. Standard or preferred. I've never stayed DVC before so was curious.

I think you're mixing apples and oranges.

If a member makes a reservation through DVC, there are 3 booking categories. Standard view. Boardwalk view. Garden/pool view. They cost a different number of points. Since Standard view studios costs the least number of points, these rooms book quickly. (If you "rent points," a member is making a reservation through DVC for you.)

My understanding is that if you book through Disney World (either online or by calling 407-W-DISNEY or by having a travel agent make the resie for you), there are 2 booking categories. Standard view or Preferred view. "Preferred view" means whatever Disney happens to have open which is not Standard view.

Edit: but I see that the "cost calculator" on David's rental company website shows the options of Standard or Preferred, and I don't know why since they have members make resies through DVC.

Yes I was going by what Davids and the DVC store have as booking categories. I've requested standard to start with so I was curious what those views would be and what was the difference with preferred.

I've been researching renting points for a few years now before taking the plunge for our next trip.

ETA: maybe preferred is both Boardwalk and pool/garden view so it's the same amount of points? Instead of having separate categories they lump it together and then book Boardwalk or pool/garden upon request? Again I'm not a dvc member so I have no idea.

Last edited:
I double checked on the rental store and they have it as standard and BW/GP. I'm assuming Boardwalk and garden/pool are the same amount of points.

How far in advance should I put in a room request? Would I have better luck doing a Touring Plans request or calling? I'd like to request 4th or 5th floor Epcot view. Is that a reasonable request? I have standard view booked. 75 days until check in.

I double checked on the rental store and they have it as standard and BW/GP. I'm assuming Boardwalk and garden/pool are the same amount of points.

That's right - Boardwalk view and Garden/Pool view are the same amount of points. When BWV first opened, they were combined in a single Preferred view, and Boardwalk view was only a request. After several years, when they had had time to realize how many people wanted BW view (and probably had a number of angry people who checked in to find they didn't get BW view despite reserving early), they split them into booking categories but didn't change the point values.

In general, BW view villas go very quickly (about as quickly as Standard view), especially for the fall, so if you want either Standard or BW view you should reserve as early as possible in the 11-7 month window.

How far in advance should I put in a room request? Would I have better luck doing a Touring Plans request or calling? I'd like to request 4th or 5th floor Epcot view. Is that a reasonable request? I have standard view booked. 75 days until check in.

You can call and add requests to your reservation anytime from the day you book up until 4-5days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. There's also no difference in how you make your request.

You can call and add requests to your reservation anytime from the day you book up until 4-5days out. When within that time frame makes no difference. There's also no difference in how you make your request.
If you are renting a DVC reservation, you cannot call Member Services to add a request. Only the member who owns the reservation can add the request. You'll need to contact the broker to get the member to add any requests. DVC resorts don't usually accept faxes and have asked members not to bother with them.

If you are renting a DVC reservation, you cannot call Member Services to add a request. Only the member who owns the reservation can add the request. You'll need to contact the broker to get the member to add any requests. DVC resorts don't usually accept faxes and have asked members not to bother with them.

Thanks. I forgot to mention that.

That's right - Boardwalk view and Garden/Pool view are the same amount of points. When BWV first opened, they were combined in a single Preferred view, and Boardwalk view was only a request. After several years, when they had had time to realize how many people wanted BW view (and probably had a number of angry people who checked in to find they didn't get BW view despite reserving early), they split them into booking categories but didn't change the point values.

In general, BW view villas go very quickly (about as quickly as Standard view), especially for the fall, so if you want either Standard or BW view you should reserve as early as possible in the 11-7 month window.

I have my request in already for November 2018. Fingers and toes crossed. They told me there are no guarantees but they have a good amount of BW owners and I am very early with my request so I have a fairly good chance, but again no guarantees. Hoping for the best.

One more question - how comfy is the sofa bed in the studio? It'll just be DD12 and myself. She's average size for her age and would sleep on the sofa bed. I would rather her not sleepi with me because she's a wild sleeper and she wants her own bed since she usually shares one with her brother on vacation. This is a mother daughter trip and I think she's most looking forward to her own bed. Lol

One more question - how comfy is the sofa bed in the studio? It'll just be DD12 and myself. She's average size for her age and would sleep on the sofa bed. I would rather her not sleepi with me because she's a wild sleeper and she wants her own bed since she usually shares one with her brother on vacation. This is a mother daughter trip and I think she's most looking forward to her own bed. Lol

In a studio she’ll have her choice of sofa bed or Murphy bed. I’ve read that both are comfortable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter