Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Thanks for the handy map! I found a similar map online, and that's what threw me off. Apparently, these designations do not apply for cash bookings of the villas through Disney. As others previously stated, a "standard view" booked directly through Disney is equivalent to a pool/garden view. I'll never understand why they don't use the same terminology.

The reason is that for DVC members, the standard rooms are such a great bargain that they are booked very quickly. By the time someone books a cash "standard" room, there aren't any left, so you are "upgraded" to a pool/garden view room.
Denise

Wait, so let me get this straight...we just booked a 1-bedroom, standard view online through the Disney website (cash, not points), but we will actually be getting a pool/garden view room? Is that definite? I didn't really care what view we were getting, since I think we were lucky to get BWV at all considering this was late planning, but pool/garden would be nice.

The reason is that for DVC members, the standard rooms are such a great bargain that they are booked very quickly. By the time someone books a cash "standard" room, there aren't any left, so you are "upgraded" to a pool/garden view room.
Denise
I appreciate the explanation. Now it makes more sense!

Wait, so let me get this straight...we just booked a 1-bedroom, standard view online through the Disney website (cash, not points), but we will actually be getting a pool/garden view room? Is that definite? I didn't really care what view we were getting, since I think we were lucky to get BWV at all considering this was late planning, but pool/garden would be nice.
Yes, that is my understanding! I don't know enough about it to say it is "definite", though.

Grrr....usps is driving me crazy! Our magic bands are showing out for delivery but the our mail lady already passed & did not deliver our bands. :sad2::sad: I wanted to chase her down & yell "I know you have them! I need my Disney bands!" But you know I didn't want to seem crazy, sooooo.

I've completed the conversion of all of my Photobucket photos on the first page to "Disboard photos." This was a tedious task, but now none of those photos will "disappear," and I won't have to pay a yearly fee any longer:thumbsup2. I also updated photos and information in all 17 posts. I will get to adding names/dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin tomorrow:)

Thank you to all who answer questions and post photos and trip reports!

I've completed the conversion of all of my Photobucket photos on the first page to "Disboard photos." This was a tedious task, but now none of those photos will "disappear," and I won't have to pay a yearly fee any longer:thumbsup2. I also updated photos and information in all 17 posts. I will get to adding names/dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin tomorrow:)

Thank you to all who answer questions and post photos and trip reports!

Thanks for maintaining this thread! I visit the first page often because I'm SO excited and my trip is still so far away!

Hi- first BWV visit booked for April. I have a 2 bd pool/garden view booked. Any major differences between overlooking the quiet/DVC pool or the clown pool? I've been researching through touring plans and would love to hear others opinions.

Hi- first BWV visit booked for April. I have a 2 bd pool/garden view booked. Any major differences between overlooking the quiet/DVC pool or the clown pool? I've been researching through touring plans and would love to hear others opinions.

Rooms overlooking the clown pool are generally closer to the elevators, if length of walk to your room is important. The clown pool is also noisier (I've had more than one afternoon nap ruined by the loud microphones during kids' activities).

Hey there,
I'm booked at BWV for a split stay, I plan on trying to get it switched to BWI. Can someone tell me a little bit about the sofa beds? I'm not looking forward to sleeping in it & our room will already be crowded with an ECV.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to staying in that area for the first time!

It would have to be the last room available for me to overlook the main pool. But we never use air and usually have the doors open so it's just too much noise. I request the quiet pool but will take garden before main. You may also want to be careful of that area that faces the canal and the Swan as there is a service door in the corner that gets used heavily beginning before dawn. I am an early riser and I have been woken up, so if you are someone that likes to sleep in, avoid that location.

Hey there,
I'm booked at BWV for a split stay, I plan on trying to get it switched to BWI. Can someone tell me a little bit about the sofa beds? I'm not looking forward to sleeping in it & our room will already be crowded with an ECV.

Other than that, I'm really looking forward to staying in that area for the first time!
I'm not sure if the sofa bed is the same at BWV and BWI, it seems like they would be. I have slept on the sofa bed many times and think it is amazingly comfortable. When you look at it and sit on it you think you are in for a loooong night but for me that was surprisingly not the case.

Wait, so let me get this straight...we just booked a 1-bedroom, standard view online through the Disney website (cash, not points), but we will actually be getting a pool/garden view room? Is that definite? I didn't really care what view we were getting, since I think we were lucky to get BWV at all considering this was late planning, but pool/garden would be nice

That's what people on here told me before my stay in May and when we got to the hotel my room turned from a standard to a pool view. I think they have the category that way on the website for cash so they can put you wherever they have an availability. I also think they might give cash stays a better view to try and entice you into buying into DVC

That's what people on here told me before my stay in May and when we got to the hotel my room turned from a standard to a pool view. I think they have the category that way on the website for cash so they can put you wherever they have an availability. I also think they might give cash stays a better view to try and entice you into buying into DVC
I tend to agree.

We did BWV 1 Bedroom cash through Disney and we were in a pool view too. I think they just have a general 1 option on the Disney site so they can put those in whatever is available, from standard up. I was under the impression most of them do end up with pool view.

So very excited to finally say I have gotten a room at my favorite resort to celebrate my 65th birthday! It is always so difficult to get a cast discount at the BWI, but I am happy to say I was able to get a 50% off rate for December 6-13 for a club level room. I will get to celebrate with my second family, aka, my favorite cast members!

That's terrific and I'll get you logged, @KerryCM :cake:

Hi Kook! :wave2: Great to see you!
I have been spending most of my DIS time researching F&W, MNSSHP, and Pandora. But I also stay current with this thread and WL. I am getting closer to 1,000 posts!
I am trying not to get too focused on views and room location, maybe because this is our first time at BW. I will probably just ask for high floor and quiet. (I just don't want to be near the luggage loading area because I've read that it is noisy) I may be renting an ECV this trip, so I guess distance to the elevators won't be an issue-for me! :) (the other 3 are very fit)
Anyhow, just wanted to say hi and hope your summer is going well!

:wave:

Your summer vacation is almost over, but you have a great trip to look forward to @bluecastle :). The ECV sounds like it might be a great idea.

WDWKOOK-if u could log our dates for 2018 please. July 18th-July 28th annual trip and Nov 6th-10th for Food & Wine finally again. Have to go see our favorite CMs at the Innkeepers Club.

Your double dose of Disney shall be logged, @sfbank :)

Our first stay at BWI is only days away!!!(8/21-/27) My husband is worried about the buses. He is spoiled and took numerous trips as a kid when the only resorts were the monorail. He has never stayed at a non-monorail resort. He is very worried about the buses to MK. Does BW share MK buses with the other Epcot area resorts?

I'll log your dates, @akayf and I hope DH doesn't miss the monorail too much.

I know everybody has probably already asked this, but here it is- What should I request for a studio garden/preferred view? I would like a quiet room, not too far from transportation or a view of something like TOT or is Epcot a possibility? I think I read months ago that a garden view close to the bus stop would make it quicker to walk to the studios? Anyway we are normally a standard view 2 bedroom family, so I usually just take what I can get. thanks

Here now at BWI, someone help me out: is there a way to walk to Epcot without going back to the main lobby?

We r in a wonderful room, facing the Inn quiet pool and per the map behind boardwalk bakery and near the conference center. One of the closest rooms to Epcot. But the bell services guy said no secret door like at end of beach club's hallway near Epcot. I have to walk all the way back t the main lobby then to Epcot? It was a very long walk from the lobby so hoping there's a shortcut. If not, well I need the exercise.

In the 1-BR villas, are the two sections of the bathroom divided by a door or wall? And has anybody ever attempted to fit an air mattress in the room with a tub to make it its own room? Just a thought.

Here now at BWI, someone help me out: is there a way to walk to Epcot without going back to the main lobby?

We r in a wonderful room, facing the Inn quiet pool and per the map behind boardwalk bakery and near the conference center. One of the closest rooms to Epcot. But the bell services guy said no secret door like at end of beach club's hallway near Epcot. I have to walk all the way back t the main lobby then to Epcot? It was a very long walk from the lobby so hoping there's a shortcut. If not, well I need the exercise.
Sorry, no short cut! You need to go back to just before the lobby and go down the stairs by the Belle Vue lounge or take the elevator to the left. It will bring you to the Boardwalk level and off to Epcot you go!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter