Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

For those of you questioning rooms here is a great reference for both the Villa views and the entire resort. We stayed at a 1BD DVC in May and had a view of the quiet pool and HS. We weren't in our room at night to see if we had fireworks view but I would assume so. It was a bit of a walk from the elevators but close to the stairs near the busses which was nice.
upload_2017-8-7_13-41-16.png

upload_2017-8-7_13-42-19.png

For those of you questioning rooms here is a great reference for both the Villa views and the entire resort. We stayed at a 1BD DVC in May and had a view of the quiet pool and HS. We weren't in our room at night to see if we had fireworks view but I would assume so. It was a bit of a walk from the elevators but close to the stairs near the busses which was nice.
Thanks for the handy map! I found a similar map online, and that's what threw me off. Apparently, these designations do not apply for cash bookings of the villas through Disney. As others previously stated, a "standard view" booked directly through Disney is equivalent to a pool/garden view. I'll never understand why they don't use the same terminology.

Hi! Can someone tell me the bed configurations for the Boardwalk 2 bedroom villas? I've seen so many different room layouts but I don't know which ones are correct.

Does the second bedroom have 2 Queen beds? Is there a sleeping chair in the living room? Is there a pull down bed?

Thanks so much!!!

A 2 bedroom villa is a 1 bedroom villa connected to a studio. So the 1 bedroom has a king with a pullout double and sleeps 4. The studio is in theory supposed to sleep 5. The last time we had one the studio part had a queen, a pullout double, and a very small Murphy bed. Haven't gotten a 2 bedroom in a couple years so maybe someone can correct me if this has changed. For sure it will be a studio and 1 bedroom combined though.

Thanks for the handy map! I found a similar map online, and that's what threw me off. Apparently, these designations do not apply for cash bookings of the villas through Disney. As others previously stated, a "standard view" booked directly through Disney is equivalent to a pool/garden view. I'll never understand why they don't use the same terminology.
The reason is that for DVC members, the standard rooms are such a great bargain that they are booked very quickly. By the time someone books a cash "standard" room, there aren't any left, so you are "upgraded" to a pool/garden view room.
Denise

I am so confused about what type of room to request! We have a one bedroom garden or pool view on rented points. My mom is handicapped but gets along ok and will have a scooter. We hope to spend lots of time at Epcot. What should we request?

Page 5? Say it ain't so! Let's get the love back with a pic from July 2018
while I know we'll be staying at the BWVs for many years, I never thought of taking photos almost a year in advance - pretty amazing technology you have there :teeth:

kidding aside, don't you love how the BW is breathtaking even in the rain :cloud9:

We're 27 days out, waiting for our magic bands. They've been shipped & have started out in FL, now in IL. It's so weird how mail seems to take the long route at times. We live in LA, so you'd think it would take a shorter route going through AL, MS, then here, but nope, :confused3. Changing subjects, usually when we go, our DD is with us & I order her something special to be placed in the room from "Mickey". But since it's going to be just us, I decide to buy my DH something fun to be from "Mickey". But I'm going to place it out when he's leaves the room (he leaves first cause he likes to take the stairs). He's a Star Wars fan. So I bought him a pair of storm trooper boxers, a collector's storm trooper action figure, and a light saber. I know it's silly for a grown man, but everyone is a little kid at heart. But SHHHHH, it's a surprise .

We're 27 days out, waiting for our magic bands. They've been shipped & have started out in FL, now in IL. It's so weird how mail seems to take the long route at times. We live in LA, so you'd think it would take a shorter route going through AL, MS, then here, but nope, :confused3. Changing subjects, usually when we go, our DD is with us & I order her something special to be placed in the room from "Mickey". But since it's going to be just us, I decide to buy my DH something fun to be from "Mickey". But I'm going to place it out when he's leaves the room (he leaves first cause he likes to take the stairs). He's a Star Wars fan. So I bought him a pair of storm trooper boxers, a collector's storm trooper action figure, and a light saber. I know it's silly for a grown man, but everyone is a little kid at heart. But SHHHHH, it's a surprise .
That sounds so cute. Have a great trip!

Question regarding staying at BWV on points- when I booked the only two room view options for studios were standard and garden/pool view (no BoardWalk view option). I looked at the map above about room and view location and saw BoardWalk view as it's own category. I booked through a rental company, does it just depend on company? Or is there a chance we could have a BoardWalk view room if we booked garden/pool? Hope that makes sense. Thanks!

Question regarding staying at BWV on points- when I booked the only two room view options for studios were standard and garden/pool view (no BoardWalk view option). I looked at the map above about room and view location and saw BoardWalk view as it's own category. I booked through a rental company, does it just depend on company? Or is there a chance we could have a BoardWalk view room if we booked garden/pool? Hope that makes sense. Thanks!
BW view is a separate booking category for DVC using points. That category is usually hard to get and it probably wasn't available.

Question about valet parking:
If I valet park my car then retrieve it a few days later, do I only pay $25 plus tax plus tip? Or does this get multiplied by the number of days I left my car in the valet lot? I thought I heard this in the past but we've never driven so I would have no reason to know this. A family member is driving to WDW right now to stay at BWI.
Thanks

Question about valet parking:
If I valet park my car then retrieve it a few days later, do I only pay $25 plus tax plus tip? Or does this get multiplied by the number of days I left my car in the valet lot? I thought I heard this in the past but we've never driven so I would have no reason to know this. A family member is driving to WDW right now to stay at BWI.
Thanks

$25 X number of days.

Here is me, doing the happy dance (bounce)
:cool1::dancer:party::cheer2::banana::jumping1::jumping3::Pinkbounc:donald::dumbo::goofy::mickeyjum:sulley::tigger::figment::hmghost::simba::stitch::maleficen
Just changed our stay for my birthday trip in 2 weeks to BWI. Haven't been back "home" since we stayed during (non) Hurricane Matthew last October. LOL
The decent AP rate for a standard room kept calling my name and the rate was always there, waving at me when I checked so I grabbed the phone today and made the change!
Yippie!
BWI here we come :tink:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!