Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! We stayed at Boardwalk for the first time at the end of our Honeymoon trip in May. We got married at Sea Breeze Point and had so many gorgeous pictures taken at the resort that we were so excited to stay there. We were blown away! We were bumped up to Club Level for our two nights and it was so fantastic (we've gone to Disney so many times we've never had a magical moment like that). We loved the location and while I was worried because I've heard from so many people how long the walk can feel, we didn't feel it was too spaced out or crazy. We are from NJ and we do live pretty close to AC and the shore so I loved all the little details related to home. I find the history of the AC boardwalk really interesting so to have those little touches was really neat (I also love the little Lucy the Elephant display in the lobby). I cannot wait to stay there again!!

Hi I'm from Jersey too and I didn't know there was a Lucy display. That's awesome. Will check it out in the fall.

I thought a 1 bedroom villa only held 4 people max
If you don't use points they only allow 4 in a one bedroom villa. We used to be vacation club members and always stayed 5 in the one bedrooms. I never understood that.

We've got a 1 bedroom Villa reserved for a trip in late November - our first stay at Boardwalk (which has always been our favorite to hang out at). My question is whether there will be room to put an air mattress on the floor for one of the kids ? I've got two boys (17 and 11), and I'm pretty sure they will hate the idea of sleeping in the same bed ... so we were thinking about bringing an air mattress along just in case.

Also, is there any extra bedding in the room, or can we request extra bedding when we check in ? I've never stayed at a DVC villa before, so I don't know whether they will accommodate things like a request for extra bedding.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa the first week of June, and thought there was going to be a queen bed, a sofa bed, and a drop down bed in our room. But we only had two beds in the room we were assigned. My 18 year-old son and my 13 year-old daughter were NOT excited about sleeping in the same bed. We called the front desk, and they brought us an air mattress. To my knowledge we were NOT charged for it. Plenty of room in the "main" room for it. So you shouldn't even have to bring one with you. And they provided sheets and a blanket. I should say we paid cash and were not renting points. Room 4093.

We stayed in a 1 bedroom villa the first week of June, and thought there was going to be a queen bed, a sofa bed, and a drop down bed in our room. But we only had two beds in the room we were assigned. My 18 year-old son and my 13 year-old daughter were NOT excited about sleeping in the same bed. We called the front desk, and they brought us an air mattress. To my knowledge we were NOT charged for it. Plenty of room in the "main" room for it. So you shouldn't even have to bring one with you. And they provided sheets and a blanket. I should say we paid cash and were not renting points. Room 4093.

Thank You!

We bring an air mattress and will be doing so starting on Sunday ! I will take a picture of the living room with the sofa bed pulled out and the air mattress. It is crowded but it fits

That would be great ! I'm very curious. If we have to bring our own bedding, I might just ship an air mattress and some sheets down there for us.

I should say we paid cash and were not renting points.

I should have mentioned .... I'm renting points. As I understand it, I won't be able to get another mattress from the front desk. Not a big deal if I bring my own ... that minor effort is well worth the discount I got renting points.

The DVC 1 bedrooms at BWV do NOT have a bed for a fifth person. There is no room on the wall with the connecting door for the bed to go. Only the studios have the drop down bed.
Denise

My room was on the 5th floor, the one on the right with the curtains opened :love: It overlooked the Village Green and also had a view to the left of Crescent Lake, The Yacht Club, The Beach Club and Spaceship Earth :cloud9: I loved watching the Friendship boats come and go :sail:The Village Green now has AstroTurf which looks very nice :flower:

The hall rugs are very colorful and I see beach umbrellas when I look at them :beach: The area when you first enter the room has laminate flooring there, in front of the kitchenette, the closet and the sink area. The shower and toilet have tile. Since this was my first time at The Boardwalk, I don't know how it was before the last renovations but I could hear voices out in the hall more so than at the Yacht Club when it was still all carpet. I know those renovated rooms are all laminate now. Not bad but I wasn't expecting it and I'm wondering if the flooring is the reason :confused3

I am starting to get nervous. We have 4 adults and a child. we have reserved a 2queen and 1daybed room for 10 nights. Please reassure me that we will get that and not have to do an air mattress. We chose this resort because it had the two queen beds and not a sofa bed for the second bed. we are larger adults who need real beds. I looked on touring plans for room views and it says they only have 3 rooms with those beds. that can not be right...I hope.... Just need someone to calm me down.

I am starting to get nervous. We have 4 adults and a child. we have reserved a 2queen and 1daybed room for 10 nights. Please reassure me that we will get that and not have to do an air mattress. We chose this resort because it had the two queen beds and not a sofa bed for the second bed. we are larger adults who need real beds. I looked on touring plans for room views and it says they only have 3 rooms with those beds. that can not be right...I hope.... Just need someone to calm me down.

I haven't stayed at the hotel part of Boardwalk (I'm always on the DVC side). But I will say that touring plans is notorious for having inaccurate room descriptions.

I looked at the descriptions on disneyworld.com for Boardwalk Inn. The booking options are:
Standard view: can have 2 queens + day bed. Or 2 queens. Or 1 king. Or king + day bed.
Garden view: can have 2 queens + day bed. Or 2 queens. Or 1 king. Or king + day bed.
Water view: can have 2 queens + day bed. Or 2 queens. Or 1 king.

You say that you reserved a 2 queen + daybed. I wasn't aware that this was a booking category. I thought the only booking categories were standard view, garden view and water view. You book one of those categories, and you can be assigned any of the bed options listed above.

If it were me, I would call 407-W-Disney and ask them to add a request to my reservation: 2 queens + day bed. It wouldn't hurt to have that right on the reservation.

Someone who stays at the BoardWalk Inn might pop in to correct me.

Last edited:

We've stayed on the BWI side several times and have always gotten a room with two queen beds and a day bed. I've never had the same room twice and we've stayed there at least 10 times. Once they assigned us to a king bed room and we asked to be moved. (It is usually just DD and I or DH and I.) I have never even seen a room without the day bed. As another poster noted, touringplans is wrong on this point.

We've stayed on the BWI side several times and have always gotten a room with two queen beds and a day bed. I've never had the same room twice and we've stayed there at least 10 times. Once they assigned us to a king bed room and we asked to be moved. (It is usually just DD and I or DH and I.) I have never even seen a room without the day bed. As another poster noted, touringplans is wrong on this point.
Thank you so much. I can relax now.

Calling Boardwalk Inn experts! We're fortunate enough to have booked BWI, Deluxe Club level, Dec 9-15. I subscribe to Touring Plans and am considering their room request thingy. I know there are only 5 rooms on the 3rd floor and 5 rooms on the 4th floor for this room category. I've heard that the 3rd floor rooms have bigger balconies. I realize that we'll have to go up to the 4th floor for the club level lounge but I heard there is a secret stairway between floors....???? We're not afraid of it being "too noisy" from the Boardwalk so I'm wondering if a bigger balcony on the 3rd floor is worth a room request with TP? Anyone have any good or bad stories of the 3rd floor v.s. the 4th floor? Pictures of a 3rd floor balcony would be appreciated. Ok...GO!

As long as all 5 people are on your reservation, I think you will be fine. It is highly unlikely the room assigner would assign you a room where only 4 people on your reservation can sleep. They pay attention to how many people are in a room and which rooms can accommodate a party of that size. This summer will be our first at BWI, but we've never had a problem with getting a room with a daybed when we have been 5 to a room. Like someone else, though, we've once been given a king room (king plus daybed) when there were three of us (2 adult and one child). We prefer two queen beds, so we asked to change upon arrival and were able to with no problem.

What you described is the BWV Studio, not the BWV one bedroom. The one bedroom only has beds for four. You were very lucky they offered you an air mattress plus sheets and a blanket. If you booked a studio and were given a one bedroom villa, you were very lucky. That seldom if ever happens on a points reservation, but it has been known to happen on a cash reservation through Disney Reservation Center.

Hello! I just finished a full video tour of Disney's Boardwalk Inn and Villas in 4K UHD. I hope this is helpful to anyone planning a trip or to anyone who wants to relive fond memories of a past trip. :-)

Awesome video :thumbsup2 I stayed for the first time at the Boardwalk Villas :cloud9: in May and I absolutely LOVED it so I thoroughly enjoyed your video :love: I'm already booked there again in December :santa: :thanks:

Awesome video :thumbsup2 I stayed for the first time at the Boardwalk Villas :cloud9: in May and I absolutely LOVED it so I thoroughly enjoyed your video :love: I'm already booked there again in December :santa: :thanks:
Thank you! Have a great trip in December!

Is "full balcony" usually a choice when you do online check in room requests?

I ask because I would make full balcony my sole request - but it isn't there. What is there: "Toy Story Section." (as well as: ground floor; highest floor; near lobby; near elevator). I booked a standard view room at BWI. Of course Toy Story Section only applies to ASMo.

So, I'm concerned that the "full balcony" choice should be there, but was replaced with Toy Story Section. TIA! (PS I do subscribe to Touring Plans, so can do a fax request, but am curious if I should be seeing full balcony.)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter