Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

We are booked for a November/December trip, and currently booked at Boardwalk Inn. I see that the Boardwalk Villas are also available for about the same price.
I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable about both places could provide some recommendations? We are a family of five, with kids aged 4, 7, 9 at time of travel. It appears to me, that the biggest difference is that the Villas have kitchen facilities, and slightly different room configs. Do the BWI rooms have microwaves? I'm going back to read the beginning of this thread as well to review again.

We are excited about staying here, even though 3 of our 7 days are still being spent at MK....so I've still got to figure out how to get there! My husband has picked the resort based on its appearance and rooms, and it'll be our first deluxe stay!

We have stayed at the BWI x1 and the BWV 1bd room x2. Our room at BWI had two queen beds and 1 daybed. The daybed was comfy. This room would sleep 5.

The 1bd Villa, has one king size bed and one queen size pull out couch. It really would only sleep 4. We love the full kitchen with a washer and dryer!

I have not stayed in a studio at BWV, but as the above poster stated it will sleep five.

The 1bd Villa, has one king size bed and one queen size pull out couch. It really would only sleep 4. We love the full kitchen with a washer and dryer!

We've got a 1 bedroom Villa reserved for a trip in late November - our first stay at Boardwalk (which has always been our favorite to hang out at). My question is whether there will be room to put an air mattress on the floor for one of the kids ? I've got two boys (17 and 11), and I'm pretty sure they will hate the idea of sleeping in the same bed ... so we were thinking about bringing an air mattress along just in case.

Also, is there any extra bedding in the room, or can we request extra bedding when we check in ? I've never stayed at a DVC villa before, so I don't know whether they will accommodate things like a request for extra bedding.

We've got a 1 bedroom Villa reserved for a trip in late November - our first stay at Boardwalk (which has always been our favorite to hang out at). My question is whether there will be room to put an air mattress on the floor for one of the kids ? I've got two boys (17 and 11), and I'm pretty sure they will hate the idea of sleeping in the same bed ... so we were thinking about bringing an air mattress along just in case.

Also, is there any extra bedding in the room, or can we request extra bedding when we check in ? I've never stayed at a DVC villa before, so I don't know whether they will accommodate things like a request for extra bedding.

I just stayed in a 1 bedroom in May. Are you planning on using the sofa bed as well? If so, it would probably be a tight fit for an air mattress in the living room when the sofa bed is pulled out and by the time you rearrange the furniture. I think you would be able to fit one in the bedroom with some rearranging. If you look online there are video tours of the 1-bedroom villas. And, I believe there was some bedding for the sofa bed only. Everything I have read indicates if you want additional bedding for an air mattress that you will need to bring it.

I have never brought an air mattress, but I think you could fit a twin size one in the main bedroom and maybe in the living room area. You might be able to put the kitchen table and chairs into the kitchen area and fit a mattress there. Plenty of closets to store it during the day.

We asked for extra blankets and pillow when we checked in. We like to keep the room cold and I love tons of pillows to sleep. I am not sure about requesting a sheet for the air mattress, but hopefully you can request blankets and pillows.

Hope you love the BW, the location is fantastic!

Does the mattress in the murphy bed come out? My husband, daughter and I are sharing a 2BR with my parents. My parents are taking the studio and I'm wondering if I can take the murphy mattress and fit it in the bedroom of the 1BR side. I'm anticipating my 3yo to be scared to sleep in the common area alone. It may not be an issue, but trying to think of possibilities just in case.

I will be staying at the Broadwalk Villas in a studio in November over wine and Dine race weekend. I paid for a standard view, what is their normal standard view?Is their anyway I can get a pier view?

...If you look online there are video tours of the 1-bedroom villas. And, I believe there was some bedding for the sofa bed only.

I've watched a lot of the YouTube video tours - it's hard to get a sense for the depth. The 1 BR look huge in those videos, but I know the video angles can sometimes overstate things.

I will be staying at the Broadwalk Villas in a studio in November over wine and Dine race weekend. I paid for a standard view, what is their normal standard view?Is their anyway I can get a pier view?
If you are staying in the villas for cash, the BW view villas are points only and a separate booking category. You will probably be garden/pool view.

If you are staying on points, DVC resorts will not provide extra linens. You need to bring your own bed and bedding. Not sure about cash reservations.

I've watched a lot of the YouTube video tours - it's hard to get a sense for the depth. The 1 BR look huge in those videos, but I know the video angles can sometimes overstate things.
We bring an air mattress and will be doing so starting on Sunday ! I will take a picture of the living room with the sofa bed pulled out and the air mattress. It is crowded but it fits

We are headed down in November (points) and will have five in the one bedroom.
I was debating on requesting the air mattress from BWV or renting a toddler bed for my little guy.
I was wondering about space- is there room for the toddler bed in the bedroom? (We did this at kidani but that Bedroom was big)
I was kind of thinking that the air mattress would be easier to move out of the way during the day? Any thoughts? Thanks!

We are headed down in November (points) and will have five in the one bedroom.
I was debating on requesting the air mattress from BWV or renting a toddler bed for my little guy.
I was wondering about space- is there room for the toddler bed in the bedroom? (We did this at kidani but that Bedroom was big)
I was kind of thinking that the air mattress would be easier to move out of the way during the day? Any thoughts? Thanks!
You will need to bring your own air mattress and we store it under the breakfast bar on its side during the day. I would think you could fit it into the bedroom just fine but it will be tight

You will need to bring your own air mattress and we store it under the breakfast bar on its side during the day. I would think you could fit it into the bedroom just fine but it will be tight

Not sure if it's a new thing because we've never put five in a one bedroom before but DVC told us we could rent it directly from BWV for $15/night. Is that not correct?

It will be great to see the air mattress in the 1 bedroom. We are bringing one for our July trip and we are planning to put it in the bedroom. We will bring sheets but hope to get a blanket there. It is our first time renting points---never stayed DVC.

Also wondering if we should do online check in? We have never done that either! We have requested upper floor but it seems strange because the owner did it through the rental company.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! We stayed at Boardwalk for the first time at the end of our Honeymoon trip in May. We got married at Sea Breeze Point and had so many gorgeous pictures taken at the resort that we were so excited to stay there. We were blown away! We were bumped up to Club Level for our two nights and it was so fantastic (we've gone to Disney so many times we've never had a magical moment like that). We loved the location and while I was worried because I've heard from so many people how long the walk can feel, we didn't feel it was too spaced out or crazy. We are from NJ and we do live pretty close to AC and the shore so I loved all the little details related to home. I find the history of the AC boardwalk really interesting so to have those little touches was really neat (I also love the little Lucy the Elephant display in the lobby). I cannot wait to stay there again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter