Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

The staff at the Boardwalk CL lounge are the best on property! They seriously make the trip! We are going back there in September mostly because of those great people! You will love it!

That's great to hear! I've been really worried, especially because we have several members of our family with celiac's disease. When we stayed CL at AKL, there was nothing for us in the lounge to snack on, but BC was amazing with full meals for us every night. My DS (2 at the time) asked to go back to the 'Wounge' every day for almost 3 months after we returned home, they were so awesome to us there! I think a part of me is worried it can't get better than that!

I called today just to see about changing to another deluxe resort and asked what was happening once I learned that the only other options was AKL. According to the CM I spoke to, the construction is around all ponds and water-related areas...not related to the buildings themselves. We've never stayed there, so I don't really know the extent of the "water areas," within the resort...but hopefully they don't matter much. The CM assured me that the pools would not be affected.
I'm glad to hear this too! We will be there one week from today,for five nights. This will be our first trip to this resort and my husband's bucket list resort! There are not many options for switching and we really didn't want to. So we are hoping it doesn't bother us

It's not really additional DVC points, it's just preferred view rather than the standard view that is along the front drive of the resort. If you booked BWView on DVC points, you should get BWView. Now if you paid cash for it, you might not get it because I thought that was one of the categories that are only DVC points.
A friend of ours is a DVC owner and he reserved a "Boardwalk View" 1BR Villa for us, so I'm hoping that's what we get. Thank you for the info!

I am planning a mother/daughter (12 at the time of the trip) trip for next year. Boardwalk is on my list due to the location to Epcot and the pool slide. We did the BC before and we LOVED the pool and the walk to Epcot. My question is will I get "bored" there since I'm from NJ and do the shore and the boardwalk a lot in the summer? When we stayed at BC we did one lunch at Boardwalk bakery but didn't get to experience any of the night life on the Boardwalk.

Also, if I were to rent points booking preferred gives you a Boardwalk view?

I am planning a mother/daughter (12 at the time of the trip) trip for next year. Boardwalk is on my list due to the location to Epcot and the pool slide. We did the BC before and we LOVED the pool and the walk to Epcot. My question is will I get "bored" there since I'm from NJ and do the shore and the boardwalk a lot in the summer? When we stayed at BC we did one lunch at Boardwalk bakery but didn't get to experience any of the night life on the Boardwalk.

We're from CT but as a kid we spent the summers at the NJ shore. I don't think the Disney Boardwalk is anything like Point Pleasant! :) Disney is much more low key - which I'm sure you saw across the lake from BC and when you had lunch. We love walking to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. An evening on the Boardwalk is nice. We like the slide at the Boardwalk better than Stormalong Bay. The Keister Koaster is much more fun! and you don't have to walk across hot pavement to get in line.

We're from CT but as a kid we spent the summers at the NJ shore. I don't think the Disney Boardwalk is anything like Point Pleasant! :) Disney is much more low key - which I'm sure you saw across the lake from BC and when you had lunch. We love walking to Hollywood Studios and Epcot. An evening on the Boardwalk is nice. We like the slide at the Boardwalk better than Stormalong Bay. The Keister Koaster is much more fun! and you don't have to walk across hot pavement to get in line.

Thanks!!

Last trip we did a split with Poly and BC and we all preferred BC. Being able to walk to two parks is amazing. I am debating on a GF/BWI split or just doing BWI but DD really wants to try GF. I've told her about Keister Koaster and she is really excited to try it. We love a good pool and felt Poly pool to be blah. We were amazed with SAB. Looking forward to trying KK.

Boardwalk view is a booking category and Pool/Garden view is a separate booking category. When BWV first opened, they were together in a single Preferred category and BW view was just a request. Several years later, presumably due to the number of requests for BW view and unhappy members who requested but didn't get it, they made them separate booking categories but kept the points costs the same.

All of this is to explain that if you're renting points, you can ask the member you rent from to book Boardwalk view. Be advised that it tends to book up quickly (same as Standard view does) so to have best chance of getting it you should book at 11 months. There are many more Pool/Garden view rooms than Boardwalk view.

And one more thing, cash reservations retain the Preferred terminology, although I've read on the DIS that cash guests rarely if ever are given a Boardwalk view so it really means Pool/Garden view.

I called today just to see about changing to another deluxe resort and asked what was happening once I learned that the only other options was AKL. According to the CM I spoke to, the construction is around all ponds and water-related areas...not related to the buildings themselves. We've never stayed there, so I don't really know the extent of the "water areas," within the resort...but hopefully they don't matter much. The CM assured me that the pools would not be affected.

After hearing this...my guess is that they are starting to work on the gondola system linking CBR, POP and AoA to EP and HS. The plans I saw have an arm that pivots at the front of the hotel, near the water.

After hearing this...my guess is that they are starting to work on the gondola system linking CBR, POP and AoA to EP and HS. The plans I saw have an arm that pivots at the front of the hotel, near the water.
Are there more detailed plans available. Curious on how this will affect the parking lot long-term.

Just got back from a fantastic trip at the BWV. We had booked a standard view 1BD villa and received an upgrade to a pool view. Unfortunately the pool view was really a view of a tree and a little view of the pool to the extreme left. We did not mind, but I am glad I did not pay for a pool view and then ended up with a tree view.

I did not notice any construction at the resort. They did run a couple of fire drills, but it was not a big deal.

CM's were great, always a smile or a wave. They were very helpful when we needed anything.

Overall a great stay!

At the beginning of May, I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time :cloud9: I absolutely LOVED the resort and the location so I have already booked my next trip here the end of November :yay: My request for a Village Green view was granted and I could see Crescent Lake from my balcony :love:

I've read through everything, I think! I booked a last minute trip for The Boardwalk and it'll be my second time staying on-site. I can't remember if it's standard for the rooms to have blackout shades? I'm wondering how feasible sleeping in will be!

I've read through everything, I think! I booked a last minute trip for The Boardwalk and it'll be my second time staying on-site. I can't remember if it's standard for the rooms to have blackout shades? I'm wondering how feasible sleeping in will be!

We take an mid day break/nap everyday and I had no problem sleeping with the shades. They make the room very, very dark. The beds are super comfy!

Reactions: T4K
We are booked for a November/December trip, and currently booked at Boardwalk Inn. I see that the Boardwalk Villas are also available for about the same price.
I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable about both places could provide some recommendations? We are a family of five, with kids aged 4, 7, 9 at time of travel. It appears to me, that the biggest difference is that the Villas have kitchen facilities, and slightly different room configs. Do the BWI rooms have microwaves? I'm going back to read the beginning of this thread as well to review again.

We are excited about staying here, even though 3 of our 7 days are still being spent at MK....so I've still got to figure out how to get there! My husband has picked the resort based on its appearance and rooms, and it'll be our first deluxe stay!

We are booked for a November/December trip, and currently booked at Boardwalk Inn. I see that the Boardwalk Villas are also available for about the same price.
I was wondering if anyone more knowledgeable about both places could provide some recommendations? We are a family of five, with kids aged 4, 7, 9 at time of travel. It appears to me, that the biggest difference is that the Villas have kitchen facilities, and slightly different room configs. Do the BWI rooms have microwaves? I'm going back to read the beginning of this thread as well to review again.

We are excited about staying here, even though 3 of our 7 days are still being spent at MK....so I've still got to figure out how to get there! My husband has picked the resort based on its appearance and rooms, and it'll be our first deluxe stay!

BWI rooms do not have microwaves and only the single serve small coffee pots along with a dorm style refrigerator. If you select a deluxe studio at BWV, there will be a full size coffee pot, larger refrigerator, queen bed, drop down single sleeper and a pull out sofa sleeper and access to a complimentary laundry room (bring your own laundry detergent, etc.). Obviously, the 2 bedroom villa has a full kitchen and in room laundry facilities.

BWI/BWV have a dedicated MK bus--so no worries there.

@WDWKOOK , would you mind adding our dates to the list, too? 1/20/18 - 1/27/18 BWV. It will be our first time to visit this resort. Thanks!

How exciting, @Twilight Sparkle! I'll get you logged.

This will also be my family and I first stay at BW on 07/30-08/04. We're all super excited!

Just to double check BW accepts deliveries from Garden Grocer correct? Thanks in advance.

Congratulations on booking your first stay, @Mel.I.Am :)

We are going August 2- August 11 and have a room only reservation for a 1 BR Villa Boardwalk View. The Boardwalk View was additional DVC points so I hope we get the room type that we paid for. This is our first time staying at the Boardwalk. Has anyone been able to give you more information on this? Just curious...

I'll log your dates, @MINNIEANN MOUSE :)

Staying at BWI in September and got an email this morning about construction. Nothing specific on the email but does this have to do with the gondola stuff maybe? Or is it more resort specific work?

BTW you can add me to the calendar Sept 16-24 in BWI CL!

I sure can, @katyj26!

I got the email too. Anyone know exactly what's going on? We'll be there 9/14-9/18

I'll add your dates to the BoardWalk Bulletin, too @donnaf516.

At the beginning of May, I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time :cloud9: I absolutely LOVED the resort and the location so I have already booked my next trip here the end of November :yay: My request for a Village Green view was granted and I could see Crescent Lake from my balcony :love:

Thank you for posting your lovely photos, @mlittig :)

All the villas have microwaves, but the hotel rooms on the inn side don't normally have a microwave oven. The studio will have one queen sized bed, one double sleeper sofa and a bunk sized murphy bed. The one bedroom will have one king bed and one queen sleeper sofa (it officially sleeps four when you book on cash). The two bedroom is a combination of a studio and one bedroom. The one, two and three bedroom villas also have a full sized kitchen and a stackable washer and dryer.

To get to the MK, hop the bus from outside the front of the BW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter