Disney's BOARDWALK INN Information & Questions

Hey wdwkook,
Would you post our dates. LOL, makes me have some thing to look forward to.

8/24-9/3/2015

New thread looks great! It's feeding my excitement as we check into BWV one week from today!!!! :) Food and Wine Festival, here we come!!

Kook-Awesome job again!! Thanks for the hard work.:) I realized my January trip is on the thread but not the annual family trip. Please add June 18th-27th 2015---thanks!!:thumbsup2

Who hoo, new thread! Looking forward to my upcoming BWV stay!
Congratulations on being FTP:thumbsup2 (First To Post)

Just 29 days and we'll be home again, but who's counting. Love this thread.
It's almost time!

Holy Carp, you always seem to outdo yourself, Kook! Great thread start as always. I don't think there is another comprehensive write up more accurate anywhere on the web!
holy-carp-final.jpg

Thanks so much for the kind words, psac. Your photos make the POOL section look top notch - thank you for all your contributions.

Hey wdwkook,
Would you post our dates. LOL, makes me have some thing to look forward to.

8/24-9/3/2015
:thumbsup2

New thread looks great! It's feeding my excitement as we check into BWV one week from today!!!! :) Food and Wine Festival, here we come!!
Thank you and I hope you have a great vacation.

Thread looks great!

Adding a second trip! 8/17-8/24 (split stay with Poly)
Thanks and I'll add your dates to POST 1.

Great new thread. I'm along for the ride as well.
Great having you and your great sense of humor:clown:

Kook-Awesome job again!! Thanks for the hard work.:) I realized my January trip is on the thread but not the annual family trip. Please add June 18th-27th 2015---thanks!!:thumbsup2
Awww, thank you so much and HAPPY 1,000th post!! The family trip shall be added::yes::

Here ! :)

Thanks for all the hard work on this thread Kook!
It's super helpful and I appreciate it so much!

Here ! :) Thanks for all the hard work on this thread Kook! It's super helpful and I appreciate it so much!

I second the thanks to Kook. Your work on this thread, as well as the many regulars, helped us to decide to stay here in Aug and Oct of this year (and was why I finally joined Dis in August). Your knowledge and opinions helped us greatly and we are saving up for our next little visit (we are locals who stay only a few days at a time). Thanks again! I look forward to more informative posts.

:cool1: This thread just got me soo excited for our first BWV stay 4/19-4/26. Thank you so much. Count me as a loyal follower!! BW go to page!

Here ! :)

Thanks for all the hard work on this thread Kook!
It's super helpful and I appreciate it so much!
I'm so glad you've found it helpful and it was fun revising it.

I second the thanks to Kook. Your work on this thread, as well as the many regulars, helped us to decide to stay here in Aug and Oct of this year (and was why I finally joined Dis in August). Your knowledge and opinions helped us greatly and we are saving up for our next little visit (we are locals who stay only a few days at a time). Thanks again! I look forward to more informative posts.
Aww, thanks. You can never have too much information when it comes to vacation planning. Let us know when your next stay is booked:)

:cool1: This thread just got me soo excited for our first BWV stay 4/19-4/26. Thank you so much. Count me as a loyal follower!! BW go to page!
Welcome, Loyal Follower! I'll add your dates to POST 1:)

Thanks, Kook! :thumbsup2

So excited that my hubs & I will arrive at the BWI - first stay - haven't been to WDW in over ten years - 2 weeks from today!! :cool1:

Hi All :wave: ... I could really use some help ... Has anyone stayed in a Garden Cottage Club Level room since they were renovated? ... Do they still have a sleeper sofa in them? ... I know that they have a 2 guest max rule now and the room description says king bed, however, I have been getting other conflicting info that there is still a sleeper sofa too :confused3 ... I would really like to stay at the BWI but a Cottage is the only room available during our stay ... I am traveling with my sister so there will be just the two of us, however, we prefer two beds (bed + sleeper sofa would be fine) ... Thanx for your help :)

Hi everyone. We are hoping to go on a 25th wedding anniversary trip this April and are looking at the boardwalk. We have been to the Poly, WL, POR and CBR but are thinking the BW looks better for a couple and would be new to us. Can someone please help with the difference between a studio Villa and a regular standard room and if you have a preference?
Thanks!

We have never stayed at any of the DVC properties although we have stayed at nearly every hotel on Disney property. We lucked into renting points from a friend at a low, low rate and we are booked at BWV, studio, pool/garden view in May. I really know very little about staying in the DVC properties and am looking for an education.

1. Do I understand correctly that because we rented a DVC owner's points, we will not receive daily housekeeping? Is it possible to arrange daily housekeeping since we are non-DVC owners and if so, the cost per day? I can't imagine the little bottles of shampoo, shower gel, etc. will last four days for two people and if we aren't getting daily service, I want to be sure and pack my own.

2. While we are generally tidy people, our trash is always overflowing each day. If you only receive housekeeping on the fourth day, there must be a trash disposal area to do our own emptying--anyone know where?

3. Anyone have a suggestion for a location request--we would prefer to not be down the loooonnnnggggg hallway and more central to the resort. I'm not sure we would enjoy the end nearest Jellyrolls either. I suppose our preference would be overlooking the clown pool or green area on the Boardwalk side, but I'm sure that is the preference for most people as well. :goodvibes Anyone have a suggestion?

Well, that was actually three questions--hope someone is able to answer. :yay:

WDWKOOK,
You are so awesome!!! Thank you so much! This just made my day! My girls and I are going through the thread and we love it!!

We will be there 1/8-1/13 for the Marathon (if you could post us!!!)

We usually stay at the Poly, and my girls have been upset about not staying there this year, but your AWESOME THREAD has made them so excited.

I did tell them the Christmas stuff will be down by then. Any chance of any remnants?

:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa: THANKS AGAIN!

We will be staying Deluxe CL in November, our first time staying at BW.

I understand that there are only 10 of these rooms- 5 on the 4th floor and 5 on the 3rd floor. If we end up on the 3rd floor are there stairs nearby or elevator nearby to get to the 4th floor lounge?

WDWKook! This thread is the best of all because of your efforts!!

When people ask why I love Boardwalk, I point them here and the pictures alone speak a thousand words. Thanks...the work you put into this is obvious and appreciated!

We have never stayed at any of the DVC properties although we have stayed at nearly every hotel on Disney property. We lucked into renting points from a friend at a low, low rate and we are booked at BWV, studio, pool/garden view in May. I really know very little about staying in the DVC properties and am looking for an education.

1. Do I understand correctly that because we rented a DVC owner's points, we will not receive daily housekeeping? Is it possible to arrange daily housekeeping since we are non-DVC owners and if so, the cost per day? I can't imagine the little bottles of shampoo, shower gel, etc. will last four days for two people and if we aren't getting daily service, I want to be sure and pack my own.

2. While we are generally tidy people, our trash is always overflowing each day. If you only receive housekeeping on the fourth day, there must be a trash disposal area to do our own emptying--anyone know where?

3. Anyone have a suggestion for a location request--we would prefer to not be down the loooonnnnggggg hallway and more central to the resort. I'm not sure we would enjoy the end nearest Jellyrolls either. I suppose our preference would be overlooking the clown pool or green area on the Boardwalk side, but I'm sure that is the preference for most people as well. :goodvibes Anyone have a suggestion?

Yes, on 1, as you rented points, you will not receive daily Mousekeeping. Here are some options.

Additional Trash & Towel Service Daily Rates:

Trash & Towel Service for Deluxe Studio - $15 per day requested
Trash & Towel service for 1-Bedroom Villa - $20 per day requested
Trash & Towel service for 2-Bedroom Villa - $25 per day requested
Trash & Towel service for 3-Bedroom Grand Villa - $35 per day requested

Pay As You Play

With Pay As You Play service, you'll be provided with the following amenities free of charge at the start of your stay. After that, you may purchase more amenities for the following fees (fees are subject to change):

Toiletries Package, $5 - 1 facial soap, 1 bath soap, 1 shampoo, 1 conditioner, 1 shower gel
Coffee Package, $3 - 1 package of coffee, 8 sugars, 8 creamers, 8 artificial sweeteners
Towel Package, $6 - 4 bath towels, 2 hand towels, 4 washcloths, 1 bath mat

We drive and pack shampoo and such. We will occasionally add a towel package. There are signs that mark the location to the trash locations. As for location, I don't make a specific request. We've had some really great views & rooms we never would have considered if we made a specific request.

Thanks, Kook! :thumbsup2

So excited that my hubs & I will arrive at the BWI - first stay - haven't been to WDW in over ten years - 2 weeks from today!! :cool1:
You are long overdo for a stay. You're going to have a blast!

Hi All :wave: ... I could really use some help ... Has anyone stayed in a Garden Cottage Club Level room since they were renovated? ... Do they still have a sleeper sofa in them? ... I know that they have a 2 guest max rule now and the room description says king bed, however, I have been getting other conflicting info that there is still a sleeper sofa too :confused3 ... I would really like to stay at the BWI but a Cottage is the only room available during our stay ... I am traveling with my sister so there will be just the two of us, however, we prefer two beds (bed + sleeper sofa would be fine) ... Thanx for your help :)
Welcome! Your information is correct. I believe that right after they changed the max. occ. to two, someone reported on the old thread that even though the sleeper was supposed to have been removed, they still had one. I'm not sure, but someone else may have reported that they didn't have the sleeper. I'm as confused as you so maybe someone will know and post. Are you sure there isn't any other room available at all? Have you looked at BWV for a one bedroom or do you only want Club Level?

:tiptoe:

:hug:

:thumbsup2 New thread!!! Great job (as always) :goodvibes
:hug:
There you are and thank you! Hey, remember that time you had BWI booked?

Hi everyone. We are hoping to go on a 25th wedding anniversary trip this April and are looking at the boardwalk. We have been to the Poly, WL, POR and CBR but are thinking the BW looks better for a couple and would be new to us. Can someone please help with the difference between a studio Villa and a regular standard room and if you have a preference?
Thanks!
There was a great comparison made recently by Deb on the old thread HERE.

Welcome! You are correct that you will not receive daily housekeeping for free on points. IDK where the trash is, but yes, you can throw your own trash out. The BWV section of the thread has the Pay as You Play and Housekeeping on Points information toward the end of the post. The prices may not be exact, but are close.

I can't help you with your location request, but in the BWV section that's hyperlinked above, there are links in the beginning to sites that can help you choose a villas location.

ETA: Didn't see AirGoofy's post before I replied:flower3:

WDWKOOK,
You are so awesome!!! Thank you so much! This just made my day! My girls and I are going through the thread and we love it!!

We will be there 1/8-1/13 for the Marathon (if you could post us!!!)

We usually stay at the Poly, and my girls have been upset about not staying there this year, but your AWESOME THREAD has made them so excited.

I did tell them the Christmas stuff will be down by then. Any chance of any remnants?

:santa::santa::santa::santa::santa: THANKS AGAIN!
It's nice to read that I made your day, and more importantly, your girls are happy. I think they're going to love being able to walk right over to Epcot and DHS. You should take them over to the Poly to show them what a mess it is. But, maybe you could reassure them that Poly will be there and better than ever for a future stay. No Christmas remnants, sorry. They come down a couple of days after NYD.

WDWKook! This thread is the best of all because of your efforts!!

When people ask why I love Boardwalk, I point them here and the pictures alone speak a thousand words. Thanks...the work you put into this is obvious and appreciated!
You're so sweet, thank you so much, Murron. I like to have tons of information when planning a trip and it makes me more informed and excited. So it pleases me that you feel that way about this thread:blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter