Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

The make your own pasta is our favourite entree to order. It's really good. Filling. The kids really like the smoothies and gelato. Check out the menu at Pop as well.
Thanks I am thinking about maybe getting rid of my reservation for Mama Melrose and eat the pasta here instead. A friend who stayed here said it was just as good.

Thanks I am thinking about maybe getting rid of my reservation for Mama Melrose and eat the pasta here instead. A friend who stayed here said it was just as good.
I'd probably ditch the MM reservation for pasta at AofA. The only thing to consider is sometimes the line for the make your own pasta can be long and/or frustatingly slow. It's hit and miss into figuring out a good time to go. It's popular.

I'd probably ditch the MM reservation for pasta at AofA. The only thing to consider is sometimes the line for the make your own pasta can be long and/or frustatingly slow. It's hit and miss into figuring out a good time to go. It's popular.
Thank you for your honest advice. Let me tell you something when I went to mama Melrose one time a sat there for over 20 minutes waiting to be seen it. When I finally got seated waitress was so rude. The food was good but the service sucked and it took forever to get seated. If passes good like you said and my friend said they're and why not just go there and I don't have to wait to be seated and why pay for overpriced pasta at a place where most likely especially eating there on the Saturday it's going to be crowded in crazy.

Thank you for your honest advice. Let me tell you something when I went to mama Melrose one time a sat there for over 20 minutes waiting to be seen it. When I finally got seated waitress was so rude. The food was good but the service sucked and it took forever to get seated. If passes good like you said and my friend said they're and why not just go there and I don't have to wait to be seated and why pay for overpriced pasta at a place where most likely especially eating there on the Saturday it's going to be crowded in crazy.

We had the exact same experience at MM. Good food, bad service, rude waitress.

You might wait a bit at AofA, but it's always nice to have the option to choose your sauce and see the fresh options you can add to your pasta. :)

We had the exact same experience at MM. Good food, bad service, rude waitress.

You might wait a bit at AofA, but it's always nice to have the option to choose your sauce and see the fresh options you can add to your pasta. :)
Do they have red sauce and do they have meatballs or sausage as well that go with meal. Thanks again for your help .

Do they have red sauce and do they have meatballs or sausage as well that go with meal. Thanks again for your help .
They have red sauce (marinara), white sauce or pesto with chicken or shrimp options. I don't believe they offer sausage or meat with the make your own option, but they do offer a gigantic meatball as one of their entrees. I've never tried it, but it looked good. They also have other pasta entrees on the menu.

I saw on Allearsnet that they are refurbing the rooms. But have not heard of any happening or seen any pictures other than the Tim Tracker room tour on the previous page. I am curious of what they are doing and their schedule. I am staying there in early September and would love a refurbed room.

I saw on Allearsnet that they are refurbing the rooms. But have not heard of any happening or seen any pictures other than the Tim Tracker room tour on the previous page. I am curious of what they are doing and their schedule. I am staying there in early September and would love a refurbed room.
I was there last week, and there was no sign of refurbishments happening. We walked the whole resort, and the only construction we saw was regarding the skyliner station.

Booked a trip for December and Says the Big Blue Pool will be closed for refurb starting fall of 2020. Anyone know how long the BBP be closed for the refurb?

Hi! °o° Haven’t read through entire thread but have a few questions as we are staying in AOA Lion King suites at the end of April.

~ last time we were in Nemo suites and took Pop busses at park closing since lines were shorter. Is walk from Pop to AOA still doable with gondola construction?

~ is the GC option still available if Mousekeeping isn’t necessary? Can this be done with auto check in?

~ any other tips or tricks welcome!

Is walk from Pop to AOA still doable with gondola construction?

Yup.

~ is the GC option still available if Mousekeeping isn’t necessary?

Yup.

Can this be done with auto check in?

Yup. Just swing by the Front Desk on Check In day (very important) and let them know you want to opt out of housekeeping. You'll get $10 per night minus one night. So for a seven night stay you'll get a GC for $60.

Yup.

Yup.

Yup. Just swing by the Front Desk on Check In day (very important) and let them know you want to opt out of housekeeping. You'll get $10 per night minus one night. So for a seven night stay you'll get a GC for $60.

Thanks so much for the info!

Sorry if this is explained in more detail- I went back a few pages but didn’t see it.

I keep hearing the walk from the Little Mermaid rooms described as a hike and I’ve looked at a map and they do look quite long... we really want to stay here but as we’d only be doing a LM room there’s no chance of being closer. Exactly how far is it to the buses? Ten minutes? More or less?

I have some nerve damage in my legs so I usually try to save as much energy as I can for the parks. This will be our first WDW (we normally go to DL) and I’m already apprehensive about the walking.

I’m not sure switching resorts guarantees us closer to the buses there either? We really want to stay here so if I’m just trying to make up my mind!

Exactly how far is it to the buses? Ten minutes? More or less?
If you can get a room in buildings 7 or 9, the walk should be around 5 minutes (avoid building 8, as it is the furthest one). Not sure if your pace would be slower than mine due to your nerve damage. We usually stay at AoA and have never had an issue with the distance from buses, food court, etc.

Last edited:
Sorry if this is explained in more detail- I went back a few pages but didn’t see it.

I keep hearing the walk from the Little Mermaid rooms described as a hike and I’ve looked at a map and they do look quite long... we really want to stay here but as we’d only be doing a LM room there’s no chance of being closer. Exactly how far is it to the buses? Ten minutes? More or less?

I have some nerve damage in my legs so I usually try to save as much energy as I can for the parks. This will be our first WDW (we normally go to DL) and I’m already apprehensive about the walking.

I’m not sure switching resorts guarantees us closer to the buses there either? We really want to stay here so if I’m just trying to make up my mind!

The walk could be up to 10 minutes, depending on your room location. Some people don’t mind it. I do.

I’m not sure when you’re going, but if you are not going in the heat of the summer and you don’t plan on walking back and forth multiple times per day between the foodcourt or mainpool, it probably won’t seem like too long of a walk.

They do have meatballs that you can get with the pasta. It will be the turkey meatballs that come with a kids plate. It’s not on the order menu but you can get it. My kids have to have pasta every other meal like their life depends on it, so we ordered the pasta several times during our last trip.

Also, if you order spaghetti noodles, they will be the whole wheat pasta. If you don’t like that (one of my three boys does not), make sure to get the bow tie or gemelli pasta instead.

And the kids vs adult — only difference is the serving size if you’re getting marinara with meatballs.

I don't have anything to add regarding the walk, but have you considered renting a scooter? I normally don't use one at home (at least not yet), but I absolutely have to have one for WDW. I personally use Scooter bug but any of the rental companies that drop off at the resort would work. I'm afraid I am at the point where if I did not use the scooters, I could not do the parks at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter