Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Are the suites noisy? Considering a few days stay in a cars suite due to the fact my son is obsessed with cars. We normally stay deluxe, and we really did not like how noisy the little mermaid rooms were when we were there for a one night stay. Also, what condition are they in, are they nearing refurbishment? If it was up to my husband, we’d only stay deluxe, but the mommy in me wants to book a room here for my son’s birthday. I’m trying to convince my hubby to go back.

We stayed in a Cars suite this past July. We didn't hear a sound in our room, it was very quiet. We had a first floor room and were at the very end of the hall not sure if that location made a difference. I thought our room was very clean and not worn down at all. We loved the resort and would definitely stay there again. The only thing was the bed in the master bedroom was a bit hard.

We stayed our first time in Cars when Ds was 4. The theming was incredible and he adored it. My favorite is still cars but family consensus is finding Nemo.
I read reports that rooms needed refurbishment but we just stayed in both lion king and Nemo 2 weeks ago and had no problems. Bus service was great my biggest complaint was how far away the bus stops were for AOA especially Disney Springs. I could hear hallway noise when we were in the Murphy bed but nothing horrible. Also internet was almost nine in the buildings.

We stayed our first time in Cars when Ds was 4. The theming was incredible and he adored it. My favorite is still cars but family consensus is finding Nemo.
I read reports that rooms needed refurbishment but we just stayed in both lion king and Nemo 2 weeks ago and had no problems. Bus service was great my biggest complaint was how far away the bus stops were for AOA especially Disney Springs. I could hear hallway noise when we were in the Murphy bed but nothing horrible. Also internet was almost nine in the buildings.
I agree with the bus service thing, I’m considering the stay only because of the gondolas.

Has AOA installed the larger bottles of shampoo, etc... in the showers or are they still offering the little bottles of H2O Blushing Orange? We'll be in 2 suites for a night this May, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

Hey everyone! We have a trip booked for 8/14-8/21 at Coronado Springs but with 3 kids we realized that we need more space. To upgrade to a suite at Coronado it’s significantly more (like 2300 more). Our agent suggested the family suites at Art of Animation which would be only about 1500 more. I’m wondering if anyone can give me some reviews or feedback. Last trip was 2014 and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it. It felt like a huge step up from the All star Movies we stayed at way back in 2009. Now I’m sort of hooked on Moderate resorts. Anyway, does anyone think we will be satisfied with AoA or should I keep Coronado? (difference of about $800 compared to a suite at AoA)

Hey everyone! We have a trip booked for 8/14-8/21 at Coronado Springs but with 3 kids we realized that we need more space. To upgrade to a suite at Coronado it’s significantly more (like 2300 more). Our agent suggested the family suites at Art of Animation which would be only about 1500 more. I’m wondering if anyone can give me some reviews or feedback. Last trip was 2014 and we stayed at Port Orleans Riverside and loved it. It felt like a huge step up from the All star Movies we stayed at way back in 2009. Now I’m sort of hooked on Moderate resorts. Anyway, does anyone think we will be satisfied with AoA or should I keep Coronado? (difference of about $800 compared to a suite at AoA)

I've never stayed at Coronado, but I have stayed at CBR, Beach Club (club level), Pop Century, and Art of Animation (cars suite and nemo suite). Art of Animation is my favorite! We loved the space, the 2 bathrooms, the kitchenette (w/ microwave!), the Big Blue Pool is awesome and the splash pad for all ages is also fantastic! When we were at CBR, my son (9yo at the time) was too tall for their splash pad and little kids play area. That was challenging for him, especially because his younger sister was short enough so she got to play in there but he didn't. I think that's a problem mostly at the moderate resorts. Anyway, we love it there. I love the variety at the food court and also the proximity to Pop Century when we want to go eat there for a change of pace. The themeing is fantastic, too! Such a fun resort. I can't wait to return, even if we only get one night there before moving to Pop (which I also love).

I've never stayed at Coronado, but I have stayed at CBR, Beach Club (club level), Pop Century, and Art of Animation (cars suite and nemo suite). Art of Animation is my favorite! We loved the space, the 2 bathrooms, the kitchenette (w/ microwave!), the Big Blue Pool is awesome and the splash pad for all ages is also fantastic! When we were at CBR, my son (9yo at the time) was too tall for their splash pad and little kids play area. That was challenging for him, especially because his younger sister was short enough so she got to play in there but he didn't. I think that's a problem mostly at the moderate resorts. Anyway, we love it there. I love the variety at the food court and also the proximity to Pop Century when we want to go eat there for a change of pace. The themeing is fantastic, too! Such a fun resort. I can't wait to return, even if we only get one night there before moving to Pop (which I also love).

Thank you so much!! I think I’m going to book AoA and cancel Coronado. We have a 16, 8, and 2 year old. The little one would love the themes. And the $ we save can go towards the After Fireworks Dessert party at MK!! So excited!!

Thank you so much!! I think I’m going to book AoA and cancel Coronado. We have a 16, 8, and 2 year old. The little one would love the themes. And the $ we save can go towards the After Fireworks Dessert party at MK!! So excited!!

If the 2yo isn't using a pack-n-play by the time you go, the cushion(s) from the pull-out sofa can make an excellent floor mattress. You can pack sheets from home or ask for extras from housekeeping. :)

Has AOA installed the larger bottles of shampoo, etc... in the showers or are they still offering the little bottles of H2O Blushing Orange? We'll be in 2 suites for a night this May, so I thought I'd ask. Thanks!

I haven't seen anyone mention anywhere that they've changed to the full-size bottles at AoA yet. We were there in June and it was still the little bottles but it was the Sea Salt line that is in the large bottles at other resorts.

I haven't seen anyone mention anywhere that they've changed to the full-size bottles at AoA yet. We were there in June and it was still the little bottles but it was the Sea Salt line that is in the large bottles at other resorts.
:sad: Thanks for the information. :sad1:

So we bit the bullet and switched from Coronado to AoA for our stay in August. With a big hubby, 16, 9, and 2 year old there was NO away we could share a 2 queen room. We needed a bigger room and the junior suite at Coronado was nice but we compared the two resorts and realized the cost savings of doing a suite at AoA is worth it. I was SO apprehensive about doing a value resort but I watched YouTube videos of both resorts and I think AoA will be so awesome for our 2 year old. Coronado would be nice for myself but I had to remember this trip is about the kids :)

I’m hoping I can get some tips on what room/area to request. Our little one is not into cars, she doesn’t really know Nemo or Lion King but I’m more about being close to food and pool and buses. Any other tips or reviews are welcome!! I’m getting really excited now.

Last edited:
So we bit the bullet and switched from Coronado to AoA for our stay in August. With a big hubby, 16, 9, and 2 year old there was NO away we could share a 2 queen room. We needed a bigger room and the junior suite at Coronado was nice but we compared the two resorts and realized the cost savings of doing a suite at AoA is worth it. I was SO apprehensive about doing a value resort but I watched YouTube videos of both resorts and I think AoA will be so awesome for our 2 year old. Coronado would be nice for myself but I had to remember this trip is about the kids :)

I’m hoping I can get some tips on what room/area to request. Our little one is not into cars, she doesn’t really know Nemo or Lion King but I’m more about being close to food and pool and buses. Any other tips or reviews are welcome!! I’m getting really excited now.

We love AoA. All of our kids (ages 13-31) love AoA. We've never stayed at a deluxe resort at AoA but when I travel with my husband on business we stay at very high-end hotels but I still love AoA. It's not a deluxe hotel but we love it for what it is...fun and total Disney immersion.

We've stayed in a LK suite three time (twice in building 6, once in building 10) and Nemo once (building 5). All of our suites were very close to the food court and bus stops. The Lion King area doesn't have a pool so obviously the Nemo suite was closer to the pool, but it was still a very quick walk from our LK suites to either the Nemo or Little Mermaid pools. We usually only swim 3 or 4 times during our week-long stay so being close to a pool isn't nearly as important to us as being close to the food court (we use the refillable mugs 2 or 3 times a day) and the buses (we also use those a few times a day).

Even though you don't want to stay in a Cars suite (we have no desire to stay in that section either) I highly recommend taking a walk over there to explore the area. In my opinion, it's the best themed area of the entire resort and is absolutely stunning at night.

Sorry if answered before, I used search feature and couldn't find these questions-
Staying in A of A for first time. Recent guests said the only place to refill refillable mugs was Landscape of Flavors-we are in LM and that's a long haul! Hoping they are mistaken! Are they corrrect and we should be prepared to hike for a refill?
Where, when are the outdoor movies usually shown at the resort? all year? only during summer? at sunset every evening?

Sorry if answered before, I used search feature and couldn't find these questions-
Staying in A of A for first time. Recent guests said the only place to refill refillable mugs was Landscape of Flavors-we are in LM and that's a long haul! Hoping they are mistaken! Are they corrrect and we should be prepared to hike for a refill?
Where, when are the outdoor movies usually shown at the resort? all year? only during summer? at sunset every evening?

They are correct. Beverage refill stations are located in Landscape of Flavors. When you leave for the day, consider renting a locker near the main pool and stick your refillable mugs in there. When you return for the evening, your mugs will be nice and handy to grab refills before heading back to your room for the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter