Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

hello,

Anyone notice if there are two thermostats to set different temperatures in the bedroom and living areas in AoA suites? Thank you!!! Also, do they have the dreaded motion detector thingy? Thanks again!

hello,

Anyone notice if there are two thermostats to set different temperatures in the bedroom and living areas in AoA suites? Thank you!!! Also, do they have the dreaded motion detector thingy? Thanks again!
I don't recall seeing a second thermostat. We only ever adjusted the one by the kitchenette. Luckily, we have never had motion detector adjusting issues in the suites at AoA, they must realize that is too big of a space to cool down if it's off all day when nobody's there. We were able to keep it nice and chilly like we like!

hello,

I don't recall seeing a second thermostat. We only ever adjusted the one by the kitchenette. Luckily, we have never had motion detector adjusting issues in the suites at AoA, they must realize that is too big of a space to cool down if it's off all day when nobody's there. We were able to keep it nice and chilly like we like!

There is only one. And I agree, there doesn't seem to be a motion detector issue with the a/c in the suites (there is, however, a motion detector on the fan in the bathroom). My husband likes to turn the thermostat down to 64 and the rest of us freeze. I always call and ask for extra blankets. :D

"Security check" activates the motion sensor ;)

Does anyone have (or know where to find) recent pictures of the gondola construction? Thank you!

yay! I like it cool as well.

Thank you!

Just got back from my first stay at AOA. I've always dismissed this resort because I couldn't justify the cost, especially for a value. It was heavily discounted for my trip, so I thought why not?
I didn't expect to fall in love with it the way I did. A couple of thoughts:

- I gasped when I walked into the lobby, it's beautiful!

-The CMs are rock stars, Top notch customer service every single time.

-I had a pool view LM King bed room. It was loud during the day but it didn't bother me.

-I didn't think the walk was too bad until I had to haul my luggage to airline check in 103 degree weather.

- Note: I don't have kids so not sure if a child would be able to handle the walk multiple times a day.

- There was so much to look at on the way! The detailing was out of this world compared to other values.

-The main pool is something else, How is it possible to hear under water?! wished my family was there to enjoy it with me.

- there is a soda fill up station next to the pool and one in the food court.

- I enjoyed the giant meatball stuffed with mozzarella. Only $11 but tasted like it came from a table service. I would plan more meals at the resort next time.

- Room decor is beautiful, Especially the tub! Where else can you shower in Ariel's cavern?
I liked LM but now I love it.

- The room felt a bit outdated. I was at POP the night before and def noticed the wear and tear at AOA. Missed the USB ports and bigger TV.

- The bed was super comfortable! Felt like the new beds at POP.

- AOA bus stop is the last one at most parks....I don't understand why? Isn't walking 5 miles to get to the LM section enough?! lol

Overall, I really enjoyed AOA. While I wouldn't pay rack prices, I would grab in a heartbeat if discounted.

I LOVE your review! We were the same way; we've stayed at POFQ before and then decided to try AoA on a very last-minute trip last April... and we both LOVED it. The themes were well done (particularly the landscaping in LM area) and we're actually looking at staying at AoA again for a trip in December -- over POR or Contemporary!

We were also very impressed with the service of 99% of the CMs at AoA vs maybe 40% at POFQ.

Looking forward to our next stay!

U just made my day..., Thank U! I love, love a good Caprese Sandwich. I will definitely try the french toast breakfast as well:)

Another vote for caprese sandwich! (which they can also make gluten-free if needed) Also, grabbing a 'fresh' juice in the mornings as a quick breakfast was great!

I have looked at the gondola link, and I can see the map, but I am still unsure where it is coming into the AoA property. Anyone see it lately? Looking to see where it is located and will it disrupt views and mornings spent sleeping in.

Also- what type of coffee maker is in the room?

I have looked at the gondola link, and I can see the map, but I am still unsure where it is coming into the AoA property. Anyone see it lately?

The station is going to be over the water in the middle of the bridge.

Looking to see where it is located and will it disrupt views and mornings spent sleeping in.

Lake Views, yes. Sleeping in, I doubt it will have any affect.

Also- what type of coffee maker is in the room?

The Little Mermaid rooms don't have a coffee maker. The Family Suites have this

IMG_6645-001-416x625.jpg

We had stay booked here for our arrival night on the first of September, but when we went to check in we received a magical upgrade to a Royal Room at POR. My daughter was actually kind of disappointed and made me promise to book our arrival night in a LM room again next year, but I was thrilled. I love POR, but did miss the fun of AOA. We’ll be back next year!

We had stay booked here for our arrival night on the first of September, but when we went to check in we received a magical upgrade to a Royal Room at POR. My daughter was actually kind of disappointed and made me promise to book our arrival night in a LM room again next year, but I was thrilled. I love POR, but did miss the fun of AOA. We’ll be back next year!
That's cool and odd all in one.
Glad you got an upgrade and enjoyed it but isn't it odd to be upgraded like that? I have heard of upgrades at the same resort but never to a different resort unless there was an issue and they didn't have rooms available.

On a side note, was it a special occasion like a Birthday or anything g that might have triggered it?

That's cool and odd all in one.
Glad you got an upgrade and enjoyed it but isn't it odd to be upgraded like that? I have heard of upgrades at the same resort but never to a different resort unless there was an issue and they didn't have rooms available.

On a side note, was it a special occasion like a Birthday or anything g that might have triggered it?
We had only booked the room for one night on our arrival day. I’m guessing they were sold out or oversold and it’s easier and cheaper to move us for one day and use the room for a longer stay. We always travel for my daughters birthday, but I booked the hotel online myself and I’m not even sure it was noted in our reservation.

Ive made a ton of changes for my upcoming stay. But it is now solidified. I almost always stay either moderate or deluxe or a combination of the two. This year wanted to save some money and used the resort savings to get a couple nights of the DDP.

I just book 4 nights at AoA Little Mermaid room, with 3 earlier nights at a MOD.

Got on a money saving kick last couple months since last year going right before XMAS was quite expensive. Was a toss up between CSR (tons of construction) or AoA (minimal construction). Since Ive never booked a value it will be interesting to check it out. Gonna be at the parks those 4 days with an early flight back home out so looking forward to checking out AoA.

Just got back from our 4 night stay here and loved it! Since we were coming off of the Disney cruise, and checking in mildly early, like 8-9am early, they said that we could have a Lion King Family Suite now or wait until around 3-4pm for a Finding Nemo one. Our travel agent booked a regular Family Suite on the Free Dining promotion with an additional note saying that we wanted a Finding Nemo suite so we waited for that, leaving our luggage out front with the luggage services who said they would also take our luggage to our room once it was ready.

It was a little bit loud in our room but nothing really to complain about since we were near the stairs and elevator, so we knew that it'd probably have a bit more noise. Yet it was great being so close to everything. We were in Building 5 on the 2nd floor so it was a quick walk out of the door to the main building to get drinks or head to the buses.

We also had no bad experiences with the buses either. The only one time that we would probably say something about was a 45-minute wait my youngest sister, my dad, and the child we took along with us had to come back to the hotel from Hollywood Studios. Other than that, they were pretty much according to schedule and in a lot of our cases, we saw that multiple buses were sent at the same time, with one bus waiting behind the other.

We will probably definitely be coming back here, though. We didn't get much of a chance to explore the resort, I only took a quick walk around, or experience the pools. We had only gone in our very last night only to have the pool close a little while later due to an "unexpected cleaning" ie them fishing something out of the water. The pool did reopen within probably 30-45 minutes, but my siblings were too disgusted by what happened to even think about taking the baby back in and went to take showers.

But it was great! We all really enjoyed our stay here!

Anyone have success getting a Finding Nemo suite after they are booked up? We really want to do Nemo again but there is no availability so we booked Cars.

We called about this question too, and unfortunately it’s only one control for the entire suite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!