Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Hi all,

Just booked a two night stay at AofA before our cruise in December. Very excited to stay in the lion king suites. Just wondering, has anyone had any luck requesting full size cribs, not pack and play. My twins will be 2.5 and I don’t think one of them will sleep nor fit in a pack in play and I’m worried about a bed without railings.

Thanks

From those of u who have stayed here, approximately how long did it take u to get back and forth to MK? We have EMM on 9/9 and trying to decide what time to head out. Also, we will b taking a mid-day break this trip. Breaks are a 1st for us. We’re usually visiting during cooler temps, but celebrating my daughter’s 5th bday on 9/9 which means hot/humid!

From those of u who have stayed here, approximately how long did it take u to get back and forth to MK? We have EMM on 9/9 and trying to decide what time to head out. Also, we will b taking a mid-day break this trip. Breaks are a 1st for us. We’re usually visiting during cooler temps, but celebrating my daughter’s 5th bday on 9/9 which means hot/humid!

It's about a 15-20 minute drive to MK depending on time of day, traffic, weather, etc. Our general rule of thumb is to leave our room an hour before we want to arrive at the parks. This usually allows enough of a buffer if we have to wait for a second bus or get stuck in traffic.

We're big fans of the afternoon break (we travel in June). We tend to do rope drop and stay in the park until about 1:00 or so. Then we head back to the room for a few hours and then go back to a park around 6:00 or so.

No charge, no age limit, daily at 11 AM, 2 PM, and 5 PM (as of two weeks ago). They are hosted in the lobby of Animation Hall. When my daughter did it I would say it was about half adults and half kids. The artist had pre drawn circles and then instructed how to draw Donald Duck. They supply whatever is necessary.

Oh boy, glad I looked this question up here. The Moms Panel said the classes run from 9-4 and made it seem like it's every 30 minutes. I'm staying at Pop next month with a 7 year old who is obsessed with drawing so I think he will really love this. Thanks for sharing!

Oh boy, glad I looked this question up here. The Moms Panel said the classes run from 9-4 and made it seem like it's every 30 minutes. I'm staying at Pop next month with a 7 year old who is obsessed with drawing so I think he will really love this. Thanks for sharing!

Yeah, I've always been confounded by the misinformation given by the Mom's Panel. Well that and the phone CMs too.

how does tha work?
Never heard of it till now and we never use mousekeeping except to get some extra towels
When you check in, go to the front desk and let them you want to opt out of mousekeping. You will get a gift card for $10 a night minus your check in day. For example, 5 night stay would get $40. You will get a gift card emailed to you and you can use it anywhere in the parks or Disney springs. During your stay, if you need anything, like fresh towels or shampoo refilled, just call and they will be happy to bring you what you need.

Apologies if this has been asked before. Can you request a specific building at online check in on MDE or do you have to wait until you arrive?

Apologies if this has been asked before. Can you request a specific building at online check in on MDE?

Not any longer. That section of Online Check In has been broken for quite a while now with no signs of being fixed anytime soon.

Or do you have to wait until you arrive?

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so it's best to get your requests in before you arrive. It's best to call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Not any longer. That section of Online Check In has been broken for quite a while now with no signs of being fixed anytime soon.

Rooms are assigned 2-3 days out so it's best to get your requests in before you arrive. It's best to call the Main reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done any time from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.
Thank you. I’ll do that.

I just ate at Landscape of Flavors and it is epic! Food was excellent, unique, and a good price. Had Tandoori chicken with Brussels sprouts and spinach with paneer. Favorite part of the resort so far.

Bus service has been great in the morning from the resort. I think I may have just been unlucky leaving the parks this time around.

Probably wouldn’t stay again, just visit for Landscape and grounds. I wanted to experience LM rooms for myself. Love the theming, but folks were right - it is a somewhat long walk.

EDIT: I went back to LoF for breakfast. Also super good and reasonable! Had the challah French toast platter.

Last edited:
I didn’t receive my Magical Express info this morning. Is it too late to talk to them tonight after the Halloween party to try to get on DME tomorrow? My flight leaves at 4:30 pm.

I requested thru Touring Plans. We just landed and received room ready text. It’s the exact room they requested. U may want to give it a try:)
Thank you for this info. I’m thinking building 7 or 9 would be preferable for LM rather than 8 is that right?
I’m not too bothered though because hopefully 20mins each way to busses is fine. I’m not planning on going hard in the parks. Not that much I really want to do except try FOP so I will factor in quite a few sitting down just taking in the atmosphere times therefore a walk from room and back is fine.

Are there any buildings in the suites that do not allow dogs? Severe allergies, and I cannot chance it.

Based on the "dog relief area" map for AoA, I believe the dog-friendly buildings are #2 (Cars), #5 (Nemo), #6 (Lion King), and #7 (Little Mermaid). We were in building 6 this past June and we definitely heard 1 dog bark in the hallway (it only barked 1 short bark...that was the only evidence of dogs in the building that I noticed), so I know that building allows dogs.

In your situation, I would definitely call and have them make a note about your allergies on your reservation and specifically request to be in a building/area that doesn't have dogs. I don't know how they handle service dogs for sure, but I believe they are allowed in any of the rooms/buildings though it would make sense that if a resort offers dog-friendly buildings, service dogs would be placed in those buildings (I don't know if Disney agrees with my line of thinking, though). I have also seen people mention that you are able to request a deep cleaning of the room prior to arrival if allergies (not specifically dog allergies -- just allergies in general) are an issue. I don't know if there is an extra cost for that.

Also, if you're interested, there is a Dog-Friendly Resort FAQ here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter