Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

We booked the Lion King suite bc there were no Nemo ones available. Is there a way to request a Nemo one if someone cancels?

When we visited on a rainy day in May, the classes were first come first serve, no matter the age at the times you listed daily and in the lobby where the TVs are next to the reception desk. We didn't stay for a class, but we will in a couple of months.
Do you know if you can drive and park there to take a class? I miss this from HS as well and wanted to do it in Sept if possible

We booked the Lion King suite bc there were no Nemo ones available. Is there a way to request a Nemo one if someone cancels?

We went in February 2018. I originally had a Nemo suite booked, but had to switch my dates. Nemo was no longer available, so I booked a suite (no preference). In my requests, i put close to transportation. We ended up with a Nemo suite. Needless to say, my daughter was thrilled! Good luck to You!

Anyone know what type of coffee makers are in the suites. Is it still the cuisinart with the pouches or have they updgraded to Keurig? I stayed at coronado last year and they had keurig but I thought I read a review that said the suites at AoA were pouch style.

Anyone know what type of coffee makers are in the suites. Is it still the cuisinart with the pouches or have they updgraded to Keurig? I stayed at coronado last year and they had keurig but I thought I read a review that said the suites at AoA were pouch style.

Still pouch style.

Still pouch style.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone know how good they stock the kitchen with paper plates and plastic silverware? Is it worth picking some up just in case or is it normally not an issue.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Anyone know how good they stock the kitchen with paper plates and plastic silverware? Is it worth picking some up just in case or is it normally not an issue.
It's not an issue, and you can always request more.

Call Disney a lot during week before you leave and ask if anyone cancels. Or you can ask when you get to check-in.

Another option is, go online and instead of booking your exact date, add a day or two to your trip, then (if they have it) after booking, call disney and ask to cancel a few days off your reservation. I did the exact same thing last year during our trip. We wanted to stay at POR but the weekend was booked, so instead of booking from fri-sun I booked fri-mon and canceled our night on mon. Hopefully that makes sense:tongue:. Not only did we get to stay during the weekend we got the discount we wanted during the weekend and that never happens!

p07jmt82q76ge4an.png

I just saw an article stating the Art of Animation is a pet friendly resort. I am so upset. It simply didn't occur to me to check. I absolutely would not have picked this resort had I known that this was possible.

Are there certain areas of the resort that are pet-free?

I just got back from a week at AoA and only saw 2 dogs and I heard a 3rd one. The two dogs I saw were large and very well behaved while walking with their human. However the 2 times I saw them they were relieving themselves in a grassy area that is *not* a designated dog relief area. The dog that I heard but didn't see was definitely a small dog. I heard it bark two quick barks in the hallway of our building (building 6).

The dogs are not allowed in the food & beverage area, the pool area, and the pool bar area. They have to be on a leash or in a carrier any time they are outside of the guest room. They really weren't an issue for us. I don't think there are any pet-free sections at AoA, though I'm guessing dogs are only put in certain buildings (I'm basing this on the fact that there is a pet-relief area outside of 1 building in each of the 4 areas of AoA). I'm guessing the pet-friendly buildings are 2, 5, 6, & 7 since those are the ones that have a pet-relief area outside of them.

While we only saw a few dogs at the resort, we saw *a lot* of dogs at the parks. Some of them were definitely legitimate service dogs but many of them were p̶e̶t̶s̶ emotional support dogs (who just happen to wear little bows in their hair, bark a lot, have their own stroller, or were kept in a carrier).

Last edited:
Just booked AoA for end of January. Can it be there are NO Art of Animation vacation tickers available? What's up with that?

What are the chances of luggage assistance with a fair amount of luggage for a midnight arrival. Will luggage assistance be open at this time since it is a value resort? We will be moving to a different resort the next day so I am also wondering if I could just leave my luggage with them there and have it moved the next day? Anyone have experience AOA luggage assistance late at night?

What are the chances of luggage assistance with a fair amount of luggage for a midnight arrival. Will luggage assistance be open at this time since it is a value resort? We will be moving to a different resort the next day so I am also wondering if I could just leave my luggage with them there and have it moved the next day? Anyone have experience AOA luggage assistance late at night?
I think I recall reading that they don’t have any sort of luggage assistance beyond a storage room. Were you wondering about a bellhop helping you get it to your room?

I think I recall reading that they don’t have any sort of luggage assistance beyond a storage room. Were you wondering about a bellhop helping you get it to your room?

They have some type of luggage assistance but I don't know the hours. We were there last week and went to luggage assistance to borrow a luggage cart to move our bags from our car to our room (and have done this every time we've stayed there). They asked if we wanted someone to help us or did we just want to borrow a cart. We only borrowed a cart. Did the same thing when we were loading our car which was at about 10:00 at night. We returned the cart at 11:15 p.m. and there were still at least 3 CMs that I saw still working in luggage assistance. I don't know how late they're actually there, though. I definitely saw them delivering luggage throughout the day. Sometimes it was obviously from a Magical Express delivery because there weren't any guests walking with them and there would be 15-20 bags on the cart. But other times it was definitely a cart full of stuff from someone's car (including pillows, cases of water, etc.) and there was a family walking with the CM and the cart.

Either holding the luggage for transfer the following day or taking it to the room. Thanks.

They have some type of luggage assistance but I don't know the hours. We were there last week and went to luggage assistance to borrow a luggage cart to move our bags from our car to our room (and have done this every time we've stayed there). They asked if we wanted someone to help us or did we just want to borrow a cart. We only borrowed a cart. Did the same thing when we were loading our car which was at about 10:00 at night. We returned the cart at 11:15 p.m. and there were still at least 3 CMs that I saw still working in luggage assistance. I don't know how late they're actually there, though. I definitely saw them delivering luggage throughout the day. Sometimes it was obviously from a Magical Express delivery because there weren't any guests walking with them and there would be 15-20 bags on the cart. But other times it was definitely a cart full of stuff from someone's car (including pillows, cases of water, etc.) and there was a family walking with the CM and the cart.
It’s good to know that there will be a station to go to once we arrive and hopefully will still be open to get assistance.

So I can't see to select a room request in MDE for my AOA reservation. I thought it was available before but now there is nothing in the drop down selection. Is this normal?

So I can't see to select a room request in MDE for my AOA reservation. I thought it was available before but now there is nothing in the drop down selection. Is this normal?

That feature hasn't worked properly for the last 2 years. It's very hit or miss. Even if it lets you choose something, it doesn't save your choices most of the time. Your best bet is to call and have your requests added to your reservation and/or use the Touring Plans fax service (or fax yourself).

That feature hasn't worked properly for the last 2 years. It's very hit or miss. Even if it lets you choose something, it doesn't save your choices most of the time. Your best bet is to call and have your requests added to your reservation and/or use the Touring Plans fax service (or fax yourself).

Ok Thanks I was only really trying to figure out the choices available to see if picking something makes sense. I intend on trying for an Early Check in and I would prefer that then being too choosy. Ah well.

I would think you could visit the resort in your own car. We hopped the first bus that came from HS as we were headed to DS for lunch and the buses weren't running directly yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter