Disney's ART OF ANIMATION RESORT Information & Questions

Does anyone know if there are USB charging ports in the family suites?

I know there were some in the bedroom built into the piece of furniture that holds the tv and has drawers for clothes. I can't remember if there were other spots in the suite.

I would like to confirm the days and times AOA offers drawing classes (animation)? Where are these held?

ETA: well, I clicked on enough links to finally find its at 11am, 2pm & 5pm but didn't say if daily or not. It did say next to the playroom & listed it under a kids activity. Is this just for kids or can adults do it?

This is VERY important to our group & we're missing it from HS now, we are starting our 3rd art book that holds all our drawings since the kids were little. We can't go there & NOT draw.

Last edited:
I just saw an article stating the Art of Animation is a pet friendly resort. I am so upset. It simply didn't occur to me to check. I absolutely would not have picked this resort had I known that this was possible.

Are there certain areas of the resort that are pet-free?

I just saw an article stating the Art of Animation is a pet friendly resort. I am so upset. It simply didn't occur to me to check. I absolutely would not have picked this resort had I known that this was possible.

Hmm, I'm not sure - I've never actually seen a pet anywhere and we stay here regularly, only service dogs. Maybe you could speak to reservations? I know they can do an allergy deep clean for a room if they know ahead of time that it is an issue...

I would like to confirm the days and times AOA offers drawing classes (animation)? Where are these held?

ETA: well, I clicked on enough links to finally find its at 11am, 2pm & 5pm but didn't say if daily or not. It did say next to the playroom & listed it under a kids activity. Is this just for kids or can adults do it?

This is VERY important to our group & we're missing it from HS now, we are starting our 3rd art book that holds all our drawings since the kids were little. We can't go there & NOT draw.

They are held daily.

When we visited on a rainy day in May, the classes were first come first serve, no matter the age at the times you listed daily and in the lobby where the TVs are next to the reception desk. We didn't stay for a class, but we will in a couple of months.

What is the walk like from the LM section to the buses? Thinking about staying fall 2019, our daughter will be 17/18months. We will have a stroller, but us adults even dread a long walk from the buses lol! It’s the only thing keeping me from commiting. I said no more values but I’m thinking the theming would be appealing to for our daughter.
We are staying in Sept, so can report back. I have read that in some cases it's easier to ride the POP bus back and walk across the bridge, will let you know. My DD has been begging to stay at AoA but I always balk at the price because it's usually only 2 to 4 so we can stay mod/deluxe lite for the price, but we are trying it for a quick trip.

I'd seen a few reports of the queen bed in the family suites being very firm and was wondering if that was really the case? We have a 4-night stay in a Lion King Family Suite coming up next week and it's our first time staying at Art of Animation. I'd also seen a few posts talking about the possibility of the resort providing an egg-crate style topper on request and was wondering how common that was? I'm seriously tempted to just have an inexpensive one shipped in through Amazon if the bed is really firm as it would make our stay much more comfortable.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Just want to confirm that we requested a foam topper for our mattress today and housekeeping put on on the bed for us. I had also brought our own, so we actually have 2 on the bed now. It definitely helps with the comfort of the mattress for me.

Does anyone know if there are USB charging ports in the family suites?

There are no USB ports in our room (not under the TV and not on the clock radio).

I am super excited :) Booked our trip yesterday :) Doing a split stay with 4 nights at AOA Little Mermaid room and then switching over to Wilderness Lodge for the remainder : ) We've stayed at the suites before but excited about the little mermaid: ) It all seems so real now that we're actually booked!

I just read a thread today that Disney is doing away with allowing dogs as of October

As someone mentioned there are reports of ending allowing pets except for the campsites starting in I believe October.

We were there in February and we never heard an animal and only saw one that I can remember during our whole 8 day trip.

Hi! Just booked our April 2019 trip. This will be our 4th time staying at AOA... (we LOVE this resort!) but, it will be our first time staying in a suite! :) We picked Nemo to be close to busses, food court, etc. We are so excited! I was just wondering if a baby bed/pack n play can fit in the Nemo bedroom? Does anyone know?

Also, how likely am I to get a baby bed if I request one.. or should we just bring our pack n play? I read that they’re not guaranteed, but that thing takes up a bunch of valuable luggage space in our trunk!

Thanks!! :)

The master bed room is pretty large. We fit the resort provided pack n play with no issues. I've gotten one every time I've requested one.

How do you sign up? Are you able to in advance or just that day you wait in line?
You just show up. There’s no sign up or line. Usually they are coaxing people to join in. We’ve done it several times. Sometimes a few people have opted to sit on the ground with a clipboard if seating was limited. Get there five or ten minutes early if you’re concerned about getting a seat.

You just show up. There’s no sign up or line. Usually they are coaxing people to join in. We’ve done it several times. Sometimes a few people have opted to sit on the ground with a clipboard if seating was limited. Get there five or ten minutes early if you’re concerned about getting a seat.
Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!