Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Do all the all star resorts share buses? Or does all star sports have a dedicated bus to parks?

They only share during the slow parts of the day. We've had a total of 45 nights across all 3 All Stars and have been on a shared bus a grand total of 4 times. Each time there were maybe 6 other people on the bus.

I will say that I've had a shared bus at park opening, and this was in the summer. I think they were having a problem that morning though. It was not the norm.

I forget, but didn’t they get rid of the wall mounted hair dryers in the rooms? And now it’s a real one in a bag? Thanks!

I will say that I've had a shared bus at park opening, and this was in the summer. I think they were having a problem that morning though. It was not the norm.
I agree-definitely not the norm.

We have well over 300 nights at the All-Star Resort and have seen about everything and it is very,very rare to share buses at park open and also rare to share at park close(but it can happen).

As mentioned,sharing is almost exclusively in the late AM/early PM hours when there is just not enough "traffic" to justify running 3 buses to each Park just for the All-Star Resort.

For example,during our trip last month at All-Star Sports we arrived at DHS on a shared bus around 4:00 PM and after we exited the bus and were walking to the park entrance,we overheard a Cast Member "radioing in"----"The All-Stars are now split." meaning she had just replaced the one "All-Star Resort" stop with individual Sports,Music and Movies stops.

We don't find the bus sharing at the All-Star Resort to be a "big deal"(we feel that the multiple stops at the Moderates are worse).

And just a note for anyone new to the All-Star Resort-the Blizzard Beach and ESPN Wide World of Sports buses ALWAYS share.

Last edited:

Is the food court refurbishment completed yet?
Yes,the last section of the floor replacement project has been completed.

They did leave a few tables in the Arcade for anyone wanting to "Dine & Play".:)

The last section caused the most disruption as it blocked part of the main entrance,
44661216895_f1870628b8_c.jpg

We are staying at Sports for 4 nights prior to switching to WL. We've stayed at POP before the refurb and enjoyed it. Looking forward to see how they compare. Checking in on Saturday and will report back.

I just logged on to ask the same question! The other All-Stars have at least begun refurbs, right?

Love the new Pop rooms.

any idea when the room refurb will begin?

I just logged on to ask the same question! The other All-Stars have at least begun refurbs, right?

Love the new Pop rooms.

The refurb at Movies has been put on hold. It is about 50% complete and no word yet on when it's going to start up again. Once Movies is done they are supposed to start on Music with Sports starting once Music is done.

So I tried looking at the food court menu but didn't see how much is a cup of coffee? Only saw an iced option. I didn't realize no coffee pots in the room:sad1:, we're only there for a quick weekend trip so I guess we can walk to the food court.

So, We will be arriving at Sports on 4/25 for Cheerleading Worlds. This will be our 3rd year attending with my daughter. The first year her team stayed at Music, last year she stayed with her team at Sports but we opted out of the package and stayed at Music with my other 2 kids. This year we are all staying with her team at Sports and I know its gonna be crazy and crowded. I saw in a post that Intermission is far better than End Zone, is this really the case? We have eaten at Intermission many times and even though it was during Worlds or Summit, its was never super crazy cause most athletes stay at Sports, but I've never eaten at End Zone. Im just thinking we will need to walk over to Music more than I had anticipated and if the food is really better, we may want to anyway, LOL.. Are the menu's similar?

So, We will be arriving at Sports on 4/25 for Cheerleading Worlds. This will be our 3rd year attending with my daughter. The first year her team stayed at Music, last year she stayed with her team at Sports but we opted out of the package and stayed at Music with my other 2 kids. This year we are all staying with her team at Sports and I know its gonna be crazy and crowded. I saw in a post that Intermission is far better than End Zone, is this really the case? We have eaten at Intermission many times and even though it was during Worlds or Summit, its was never super crazy cause most athletes stay at Sports, but I've never eaten at End Zone. Im just thinking we will need to walk over to Music more than I had anticipated and if the food is really better, we may want to anyway, LOL.. Are the menu's similar?

We prefer End Zone over Intermission. We feel the options are more diverse. We've been at Sports twice during Worlds and never had an issue at End Zone. We found it no more crowded than other times of year, just a different crowd.

Last edited:
Are the menu's similar?
No,Intermission has much better selections that End Zone IMO-not so much at Breakfast,but definitely at Lunch and Dinner.:)

End Zone will be slammed "at times" with Cheerleaders more so than Intermission.

End Zone does have a few nice offerings such as the new Crab Cake Dinner,but we just feel Intermission has many more nice dishes to choose from.:)

43478211571_da27908ad7_h.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter