Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We are excited to stay here in January, although only for one night. I think my hubby will enjoy the sports icons and it will be a nice relaxing morning before we move to our next resort!

We are excited to stay here in January, although only for one night. I think my hubby will enjoy the sports icons and it will be a nice relaxing morning before we move to our next resort!
We're doing the same thing. Just a stop over for the first night before heading to POFQ. :)

As there are no coffee makers in the rooms has anyone bought a cheap one and had it shipped to the resort? We'll be flying and can't take one with us. Walmart has some $10-$15 ones that would work. Can we have it shipped to Sports under our name a few days prior to our arrival? Will it be held for us at baggage services or elsewhere?

Can we have it shipped to Sports under our name a few days prior to our arrival? Will it be held for us at baggage services or elsewhere?
Yes,just put "Guest-John Doe" on the address.

It will be delivered directly to your room(you do not have to be there) and there will be a $5.00 fee added to your room.

It can take a few days ONCE it gets to WDW to be processed and delivered(everything goes to a "central" facility first).

Be SURE to save your tracking #.

Hi all! We just returned from a 4 night stay at Sports! We were booked at Pop initially since it was the ONLY resort available on property (last minute trip), and while the renovation appealed to me, the table bed didn't. I didn't know how heavy it was to fold up each morning, because we needed a table for breakfast for my kids! So, I switched last minute to Sports when it popped up. Plus, Sports was $100 cheaper (more money for the dessert party! cha ching) We have stayed before for a short trip, so I knew it would be fine. It was a holiday weekend with a sold out resort, and I expected the resort to be crowded beyond belief, but it really wasn't...at all. We didn't make any requests. We were put in Tennis, building 4, which was a great location. Our room was ground floor, loved that! Easy to get to/from. Everything was spotless inside and in working order. Short walk to pool and main building. Food court was good, we ate in the arcade since no one was ever in there! Tables/condiments set up. Food court front seating area had the "drape" removed on our last day. I forgot how small the beds are here. It's been a while since we stayed in a value with full size beds. I didn't like being kicked every night! But, I guess soon that will be a thing of the past with the queen beds eventually going into all values!

The bus was okay. Didn't love it. Waited forever for MK bus for the party, but that seems par for the course with every resort we have stayed at from value to deluxe and MK buses. We ended up taking Minnie Vans to Hollywood Studios for EMH and back to the resort. Then used the bus going back to the park late afternoon. Took almost an hour to get back to the park between the scooter loading/unloading and the stops at the other All Stars. We ended up Minnie Vanning it back that night.

Overall a good stay! I would stay there again if it weren't for the fact that my kid kicked me all night in that tiny bed LOL

Weird question. I am having to move our flights to come in earlier in the day (1:40PM). By the time we take the Magical Express it will be around 3PM. If our room is not ready, is there somewhere "kinda" quiet where we could set up our laptops to work? We aren't taking PTO this day so will need to catch up on emails after our flight. TIA!

Yes! The food court area at 3pm has plenty of seating, some of them with outlet plugs for your laptops. You mention email and not phone calls, so I'm assuming you don't need quiet (silent). I sat in there sipping ice water, enjoying A/C and charging my phone until it was time to head outside for bus ride back to airport. I'd be surprised if your room wasn't ready when you arrive. Have a great trip.

We checked in on Wednesday afternoon around 1pm and was checked in straight away even though that said our room was ready they were still vacuuming the room so we just headed over to the food court
After doing a couple of loads of washing (we did a 10 day 3550 mile road trip after doing a Halloween stay at POP I did a solo trip to Magic Kingdom to take advantage of EMH the bus that picked me up went straight to MK and at end of night a double bus took us straight back to Sports.
Thursday me and the wife did Xmas Party and again bus went to MK we watched the fireworks from the top of Main Street and exited straight to the bus stop and we’re back in our room before 11
Having stayed at Pop for 5 days over Halloween and now here for 5 I can see differences between the 2 like the wall safe at Sports doesn’t fit much and you have to use a key the TV is smaller but I like the Surfs Up pool area and the open areas like the football field but I can’t fault either property

Stayed at All-Star Movies last week.

Loved it. The refurbed rooms (Toy Story section) are amazing. They make the room feel "deluxe" and not a cheap value. They really worked hard on making the room "useful" to a vacationing family with the fold-up bed, all the storage areas in the bathrooms and the SOLID doors for the bathroom (not a curtain) to keep sound out from waking the kids while the adults get ready in the morning. The hard floors felt cool to the feet. The soap dispensers looked good and were much easier to use than having tiny little bottles every day.

We opted out of the housekeeping, which was nice and when we needed new towels we got them in short order.

Sure . .the rooms are tiny, but for spending an hour or two there a day (not counting sleeping) it is great.
I am also impressed at how sound-proof they make these rooms. I've stayed at more expensive (non-Disney) hotels where you can hear your neighbors, people coming down the hall, people above/below you, etc. I couldn't even hear my parents and we had connecting rooms.

Frankly, having the doors open to the outside (despite feeling "cheap") probably helps the sound issue as sound doesn't just echo down the halls and it doesn't sound like a thundering herd when someone comes home for the night.

Most days we had direct buses to/from the parks and only had to share when going to/from Disney Springs.

It seems they have stopped all refurb construction though, so not sure when they'll finish the rest of the resort.

Any early risers have a recent report as to what time coffee is available for refillable mugs? don't have room to bring my own coffee maker...

Any early risers have a recent report as to what time coffee is available for refillable mugs?
Unfortunately,Coffee is not available all night like the Fountain Drinks.

They clean the Coffee "urn" when the Food Court(Food Stations) closes at Midnight and do not refill it until "around" 6:00 AM(could be a little earlier).

The Food Court(Food Stations) doesn't open until 6:30 AM(usually they open one cashier station around 6:15 AM for Grab n' Go and Drink purchases),but with your Mug,you can go right to the Coffee as soon as it percolates!

FYI......

Beginning this weekend, the ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Walt Disney World will play host to Pop Warner football and cheerleading teams from around the country during the 62nd annual Pop Warner Super Bowl Championship tournament.

64 football teams in two different divisions and five age/weight ranges will compete for the national championship during the week long event. Games will take place December 1, 2, 4, 5, 7 and 8, 2018.

We have two rooms booked here for next year. We have stayed here before and love the baseball section. I am wondering where, if any exist, the connecting rooms are to help request that section?

We have two rooms booked here for next year. We have stayed here before and love the baseball section. I am wondering where, if any exist, the connecting rooms are to help request that section?

Every section has the same amount of connecting rooms. If you really want connecting rooms, I would make that your only request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter