Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Trying to decide on requesting Hoops or Homerun. Is either any shorter walk to buses? Heard landscape view in Hoops is very nice. Any benefit of one section over the other?

Stayed in both and depending on your room could be quite equal in distance. I wouldn't say either would guarantee a shorter walk so I'd just ask for what appeals and if you want the quiet pool Homerun would be better.

Thank you @WEDWDW! I sure appreciate it! Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't decide to touch the kitchen area while I'm there! I seriously don't want to spend another trip walking to and from Music just to eat!

Thank you @WEDWDW! I sure appreciate it! Keeping my fingers crossed that they don't decide to touch the kitchen area while I'm there! I seriously don't want to spend another trip walking to and from Music just to eat!

We were also there during the Food Court closure in 2013 and I agree, it stank. The only silver lining was that the rest of the resort (pool especially) was quite deserted. I'm planning on staying at Sports this August, and am hoping that the renovated rooms at ASMo and ASMu will draw people away again. Have a great trip!

Checked in this morning at All Star Sports! Received our room ready text as we pulled in the parking lot. Booked preferred & we're in Surf's Up which is the section I was hoping for as we cancelled a beach trip (red tide) & switched to WDW only a few weeks ago. We're in room 1137 on the back side & it's perfect for us. Easy access to unload luggage while still close to the main pool (without the noise), buses & food court. We stayed at POFQ before & we're loving Sports so much more :love:!

A little All-Star Sports news:

Sport Goofy has been remodeled-they have removed the large "check out counter" in the center and now have 2 small "check out counters" on the "sides" leaving the store very "open".

The floor has been replaced in the "back" of End Zone and they are now working on the "front"-it is an "eyesore" with the area cordoned off by black plastic hanging from the ceiling.

Chuck E. Cheese's remains open(dining tables in the Arcade).

They have placed benches and planters in the main walkway in Stadium Hall.

The DSA by the back exit of End Zone has ben doubled,if not tripled in size.

Current Pool Hours are 9:00 AM-10:00 PM for Surfboard Bay and 10:00 AM-10:00 PM for Grand Slam.:)

Weird question. I am having to move our flights to come in earlier in the day (1:40PM). By the time we take the Magical Express it will be around 3PM. If our room is not ready, is there somewhere "kinda" quiet where we could set up our laptops to work? We aren't taking PTO this day so will need to catch up on emails after our flight. TIA!

Any recent updates on the status of the food court refurbishments? (or anything else noteworthy) We arrive Monday morning! :) I was hoping for a Halloween mug, since we will be there for Halloween, but I think that is unlikely. Have to arrive in August for Halloween merch I guess! haha

Any recent updates on the status of the food court refurbishments? (or anything else noteworthy) We arrive Monday morning! :) I was hoping for a Halloween mug, since we will be there for Halloween, but I think that is unlikely. Have to arrive in August for Halloween merch I guess! haha
We just got back today from our stay at Sports. Loved it! There is a small area just as you enter the food court from the lobby side that is blocked off on the right hand side but it is very small & has no impact on the ordering or beverage/condiment stations or seating or functionality at all. We ate several meals there as well as ice cream a couple nights. Food was really good & it was fast, too!

Any recent updates on the status of the food court refurbishments?
The floor replacement project is complete in the "back" of End Zone and they are now doing the "front".

It is somewhat of an eyesore-here is a picture of the main entrance to End Zone(currently known as "E FOO" Food Court!lol.:)

44661216895_f1870628b8_c.jpg

We've now been back a week from our stay at All Star Sports so I wanted to do a review for anyone that's looking for info.

Our party was me (55) & DH (65.) We have previously stayed onsite at POFQ in Aug 2016. We are Florida residents (live about 1/2 an hour southwest of the world) & annual pass holders. We stayed Oct 21-26, 2018, so not at a tour or sports group time.

We received our room ready text at 9:30 a.m. as we pulled in the parking lot. We were in Surf's Up room #1137. I booked preferred only because I couldn't get a feel for the resort size but truly it wasn't necessary. The resort has a small footprint & is laid out well so no room is more than a 2-3 minutes walk up front for the food court/buses. I also didn't make any room requests & we were thrilled with our room location. No way did I expect a first floor room. Ours was on the backside & was overlooking some landscaping & was quiet. It was also just around the corner from one of the three DSAs which was an added bonus.

Our room was in really good shape & spotlessly clean when we arrived. We didn't opt out of housekeeping & our mousekeeper kept it spotless the whole time we were there. Only signs of wear were some chipped paint above the kick plate on the door, a chip on the corner of the nightstand & some of the "stars" in the carpet were a bit worn down on the main walking paths in the room. Otherwise it was great!

We dropped our bags in the room & headed to the food court to buy our refillable mugs & get breakfast. We were VERY impressed with both the service & food quality at the food court. We ate there at least once a day & twice a couple times as well as night time ice cream trips :). The food was prepared quickly, it was clean & we never had trouble finding a seat either inside or outside.

Our goal this trip was to see the "night life" at the parks because when we do for our day trips, we usually go at park opening then leave mid-late afternoon. We are NOT rope drop to close folks, though because we both naturally wake up very early, we've always been mostly rope drop people before this trip. We went to all four parks & Disney Springs & spent one full day just hanging around at the resort & also walked over to see Music & Movies, too.

One of the main perks for us is Disney transportation - yes, we actually love the Disney buses (& boats, too.) We really FAR preferred the having a line for each park/location vs. the free for all thing at POFQ. Since we were heading out to the parks midday, we did share buses with Music & Movies to all of them except Disney Springs & MK. Sports is the first to be picked up & dropped off. We found the bus sharing to be a complete non-issue. It added 5-7 minutes max because the resorts are literally right next to each & that combined with the fact that folks are lined up & ready to board as the bus pulled up, it was just not a problem to us at all. It was actually quicker than the couple times we shared with POR when we stayed at POFQ. Seemed like it took forever to get around and out of POR. Also, on the times we did share leaving out of the resort, every person at every resort got a seat on the bus, sometimes with more to spare - no one had to stand. Coming back from the parks (NOTE: We CLOSED every park so this is at the end of the night each time when EVERYONE is leaving!) the longest we waited was 15 minutes at Epcot but a bus was pulling away just as we approached our waiting area. No sharing on the way back, and some folks did have to stand (although they were given the option to wait for the next bus.) Never waited more than 10 minutes at the other parks (MK), & less than 5 minutes at DHS & AK.

Both pools were great & all of the staff were, too. Very friendly & helpful. We have not one complaint about anything to do with our stay at Sports & have definitely found our Disney "home away from home"! An absolute Home Run :yay:!

I've probably forgotten some things so if anyone has any questions please ask away & I'll do my best to answer them.

Sounds like a good trip Dory!!

We just switched from Pop to Sports today! We leave this week for a long weekend trip to do the party! I was happy to see something pop up that was cheaper than what I was paying at POP (ridiculous for a value!) This was a trip I only booked a couple of weeks ago, and resorts were slim pickings. I also wasn't loving that we have to fold the bed up to eat breakfast in our room every morning at POP, and it looked a little sterile. We stayed at Sports a couple of years ago in Surf's Up, this time we are standard, but it's small, so we are okay with that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter