Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Hey,
Does anyone know if the Shakes (with cake in them!) at the food court count as a drink on the QS DDP?

Thanks!
I cannot imagine they wouldn't. At the very least, they count as a snack and you can get a snack instead of a drink at the food court.

Do characters randomly show up at this resort or is there a schedule? We’ve not stayed at sports before but I saw a friend’s pictures a couple of months ago and Donald was out walking with her daughter.

Do characters randomly show up at this resort or is there a schedule?
Historically,it has ben a VERY rare occurrence to see a Character at All-Star Sports.

But,when we were there in July the Character Caravan came EVERY day!:)

It was awesome.:)

However there have been no recent reports of the Caravan coming to Sports-I'm thinking in July they were just training some new "Friends" of the Characters.:)

29627102548_3eb2a3d5ac_h.jpg

42615844515_b631fbef4c_h.jpg

Historically,it has ben a VERY rare occurrence to see a Character at All-Star Sports.

But,when we were there in July the Character Caravan came EVERY day!:)

It was awesome.:)

However there have been no recent reports of the Caravan coming to Sports-I'm thinking in July they were just training some new "Friends" of the Characters.:)

29627102548_3eb2a3d5ac_h.jpg

42615844515_b631fbef4c_h.jpg

The Caravan was at Sports Sunday and Tuesday just this week.

Do characters randomly show up at this resort or is there a schedule?
No set schedule-they came from "late AM" to "late afternoon" we we were there.

Also we "Resort hopped" when the Caravan was there and saw different Characters at Music and Movies from who was at Sports.:)

The Characters don't meet in one set place-they "roam" the whole Resort-very cool.:)

I'm curious to know, does AS Sports buses go to both movies and music when it heads to Disney springs or does it not share with them on that destination?

I'm curious to know, does AS Sports buses go to both movies and music when it heads to Disney springs or does it not share with them on that destination?
The Disney Springs,Blizzard Beach and ESPN WWoS buses do "generally" stop at all 3 All-Star Resorts.:)

Which buildings have Standard rooms?

Touring plans says a preferred is a room in buildings 1, 6, 7, or 10, standard is 2,3,4,5,8,9

But I have read reports of people getting standard rooms in building 10 facing the parking lot. That means rooms facing outward are standard in building 10? Trying to figure out what I should request.

Which buildings have Standard rooms?

Touring plans says a preferred is a room in buildings 1, 6, 7, or 10, standard is 2,3,4,5,8,9

But I have read reports of people getting standard rooms in building 10 facing the parking lot. That means rooms facing outward are standard in building 10? Trying to figure out what I should request.
Unless there has been a VERY recent change all of Building 10 is still Preferred.:)

What standard buildings are most favoring to request?
Several posts on these forums seem to favor buildings 8 and 9 in Homerun. Touring Plans suggests building 3 in Hoops.
Is the Homerun pool closed late at night such that noise wouldn't be an issue after 10-11pm?

What standard buildings are most favoring to request?
Several posts on these forums seem to favor buildings 8 and 9 in Homerun. Touring Plans suggests building 3 in Hoops.
Is the Homerun pool closed late at night such that noise wouldn't be an issue after 10-11pm?
I would go with Home Run Hotel because it has its "own" Pool and Laundry and is also close to All-Star Music.:)

Grand Slam Pool closes by 11:00 PM(and earlier depending on the Season).:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!