Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

We have a preferred room booked this weekend, which I believe are all in the surfs Up section. Has anyone stayed there recently and can you confirm if you had the small bottles of shampoo/conditioner or the wall dispensers? Were not checking luggage and don't want to bring these from home.

We were there a few weeks ago and while not in the preferred section, there were dispensers on the wall in the bathroom. Shampoo, conditioner and shower gel.

Curious how far a walk it would be from Music's bus stop to Sports?

It's not super-convenient, but certainly close and walkable -- basically you have to cut through Music and cross the parking lot; the closest Sports section on this path is the Home Run section. I've done this a couple of times, taking a Music bus to get back while staying at Sports.

It's not super-convenient, but certainly close and walkable -- basically you have to cut through Music and cross the parking lot; the closest Sports section on this path is the Home Run section. I've done this a couple of times, taking a Music bus to get back while staying at Sports.

Thanks, we are hoping to be in the Homerun section. On occasion we would take the AOA bus back and walk back to POP when that bus arrived before POP's, so we don't mind the walk if it means getting on a bus and being able to sit in the AC a little quicker.

Thanks, we are hoping to be in the Homerun section. On occasion we would take the AOA bus back and walk back to POP when that bus arrived before POP's, so we don't mind the walk if it means getting on a bus and being able to sit in the AC a little quicker.

Oh that's a great idea and my kids could use those bottles for their sports!

Curious how far a walk it would be from Music's bus stop to Sports?
To Home Run Hotel-about 5 minutes.

Walk through Melody Hall and exit out the "back" of Melody Hall.

Take an immediate "hard right" and keep walking right until you see a Parking Lot.

Cross this Parking Lot and you will be at HRH.

Just look for the 3 Story Coke cups!:)

Last edited:

I just saw that while we are at Sports next month the "Diamond 9" event will be taking place at WWOS. I looked at the site for the competition accommodations and the only on property resort to book for the event is Sports. Has anyone stayed here during this competition? Was it extra loud and crazy busy? I am a light sleeper.

I just saw that while we are at Sports next month the "Diamond 9" event will be taking place at WWOS. I looked at the site for the competition accommodations and the only on property resort to book for the event is Sports. Has anyone stayed here during this competition? Was it extra loud and crazy busy? I am a light sleeper.
In my experience the Sports Teams are much more "subdued:)" than the Cheerleaders and The 15s.:)

YMMV:)

Also you can ask at Check-in to be placed away from the Teams and they will try to accommodate you.:)

I just saw that while we are at Sports next month the "Diamond 9" event will be taking place at WWOS. I looked at the site for the competition accommodations and the only on property resort to book for the event is Sports. Has anyone stayed here during this competition?

Yes, 3 times.

Was it extra loud and crazy busy?

Not at all. Other than seeing some in matching uniforms would never have known.

In my experience the Sports Teams are much more "subdued:)" than the Cheerleaders and The 15s.:)

YMMV:)

Also you can ask at Check-in to be placed away from the Teams and they will try to accommodate you.:)

Yes, 3 times.

Not at all. Other than seeing some in matching uniforms would never have known.

Thank you! I appreciate your replies and will not worry about it now.

We stayed at ASSports in April and based on what I read on these boards we requested Home Run Hotel and we were VERY pleased! We were in Building 8, on first floor overlooking trees and woods, and it was super convenient and quiet. We drove and love it when your room is convenient to the car for getting luggage in and out, Home run has a huge parking lot right next to it. We were steps from our car. Also the walk to the lobby/food court/bus stop is very easy and not far and you cut across a cute football field! And Home Run has a pool that we enjoyed.

We’re booked for July 3rd-8th. Just myself and my oldest son for his high school graduation trip. First time at All Star Sports. After this trip we will have stayed everywhere but Boardwalk & All Star Music!
We’re in a preferred room, hoping for Surf’s Up.
We usually don’t do online check in but I did this time. So I may be able to skip the front desk all together?

may be able to skip the front desk all together?
Very possible.:)

We LOVE Surf's Up! and always request it(sometimes we have even "moved" after a day or 2 in order to stay there!).:)

35551065193_0501674820_h.jpg

I just read an article on Facebook that said Sports food court was under renovation. Please say it isn't so. I'm hoping that it is an old article. Anyone there now can confirm if this is true.

What non-preferred rooms would be the shortest walk to buses? Are all rooms in buildings 1 and 6 preferred or just certain sections? 7 or 10 doesn't look bad on the map but I've read several saying they are a bit of a walk.

I just read an article on Facebook that said Sports food court was under renovation. Please say it isn't so. I'm hoping that it is an old article. Anyone there now can confirm if this is true.

It was renovated in 2013.

It was renovated in 2013.
While I know it wasn't that long ago that the renovation was done, the article also stated along with the ASMo renovations that Sports was also renovating their food court. There was even a picture of the tables and chairs set up in the arcade. The article also stated that you couldn't enter the food court from the football entrance and showed the plastic covering on the back of it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter