Disney's ALL-STAR SPORTS RESORT Information & Questions

Here is a calendar for ESPN Wide World of Sports: https://www.espnwwos.com/events/#view=calendar
Do not know if any teams will be staying at All Star Sports.
I checked and it looks like there is a soccer tournament and a baseball tournament during Memorial Day weekend. But I think it’ll be okay.
My biggest fear was cheerleaders! Lol
I’ve read horror stories about large groups of cheerleaders :sad2: :lmao:

I recently switched from Pop to All Star Sports for our upcoming trip in May. I tried to change the dates of our Pop stay and they did not have availability so the CM suggested Sports. I booked a preferred room (requested Surf section).
I’m a little nervous because I’ve been reading some negative reviews on TripAdvisor :(
I figured I’d come to this thread to ease my mind :)
I don’t think there will be any teams there during our dates May 23-27, since that seems to be the biggest complaint from people regarding Sports.:D
No worries.:)

Trip Advisor can have negative reviews about ANY Resort anywhere!:)

I have close to 300 nights at Sports starting with my very first WDW trip in 2003,so that kind of refutes Trip Advisor!lol:)

Sports is an awesome Resort and Surf's Up! is my FAVORITE section!

My suggestion is to request Building 6/Pool View/Close to Stadium Hall.

From some of those rooms(6255 and 6355 are my favs),you can LITERALLY be in the Food Court in 30 seconds and the second and third floors are awesome spots to look out at the Pool and People-watch as Guests walk along the Boardwalk below!:)

I hope you have a SPORTY time at my favorite Resort!:)

I have close to 300 nights at Sports starting with my very first WDW trip in 2003,so that kind of refutes Trip Advisor!lol:)

From some of those rooms(6255 and 6355 are my favs),you can LITERALLY be in the Food Court in 30 seconds and the second and third floors are awesome spots to look out at the Pool and People-watch as Guests walk along the Boardwalk below!:)

Over 300 nights!! Wow! :D
Thank you! I’m getting really excited about staying at Sports! I’m going to request the the building/view you suggested :)

Over 300 nights!! Wow! :D
Thank you! I’m getting really excited about staying at Sports! I’m going to request the the building/view you suggested :)
Awesome!:)

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Surf's Up!:)

32329756751_33e4640bf4_c.jpg

I checked and it looks like there is a soccer tournament and a baseball tournament during Memorial Day weekend. But I think it’ll be okay.
And also The 15s will not be there in May-if they were,you would be seeing this A LOT from your Surf's Up! room!lol:)
28179690570_739cecd677_z.jpg

Is the baseball section good, too? I see that it's farther away than the other buildings, but I really like the overall theme the best, including the pool. We have a trip booked for 10/30-11/6. We aren't 100% positive that we will make it, but went ahead and booked our room anyway.

Is the baseball section good, too? I see that it's farther away than the other buildings, but I really like the overall theme the best, including the pool. We have a trip booked for 10/30-11/6. We aren't 100% positive that we will make it, but went ahead and booked our room anyway.
Home Run Hotel is awesome-it has its "own" Pool and Laundry.:)

It is one of the best-themed sections at any WDW Resort.

I would request "Building 9/Room close to Touchdown! Building 10".

From some rooms in Building 9,you can walk along the "back" of Touchdown! Building 10 and be at the Bus Stops in a minute or 2.:)

Home Run Hotel is awesome-it has its "own" Pool and Laundry.:)

It is one of the best-themed sections at any WDW Resort.

I would request "Building 9/Room close to Touchdown! Building 10".

From some rooms in Building 9,you can walk along the "back" of Touchdown! Building 10 and be at the Bus Stops in a minute or 2.:)
Oh that’s good to know. Thank you!

We are going in August. How do you know if any groups will be staying there? I checked ESPN and it looks like nothing is scheduled, but curious as to the tour groups from other countries.

Going Aug 19 so looks like we will miss the tour groups. We've been there before when tour groups were there and the chanting was over the top.

Awesome!:)

Here is one of my favorite pictures of Surf's Up!:)

32329756751_33e4640bf4_c.jpg
Beautiful ⛱ I love the beachy vibe! I told my daughter it looks very vacation-y in the Surf’s Up section. We are from Tennessee so I like to stay in a place that looks different from home when we are on vacation :)

We will be at Sports Memorial Day weekend. Are these groups staying at Sports? I just called to see if anything else was available with military discount for our dates and the only thing they could find was Riverside for around $100 more per night. We are only at Sports for 3 nights before moving to the Poly, but should I avoid Sports on these particular dates?

We will be at Sports Memorial Day weekend. Are these groups staying at Sports? I just called to see if anything else was available with military discount for our dates and the only thing they could find was Riverside for around $100 more per night. We are only at Sports for 3 nights before moving to the Poly, but should I avoid Sports on these particular dates?
I don’t know. I guess you could try calling the resort and asking, but I don’t know if they give out that kind of information.
We are staying military rate too. I don’t think it’ll be too bad just because if they were filling up with teams there probably wouldn’t be military discounted rates available.
Just my 2 cents/deductive reasoning skills. I might be wrong lol :)

Last edited:
What are The 15s?! Lol
I am glad they won’t be there :laughing:
That makes me sound like an old cranky lady, doesn’t it? :lmao:
I asked this same question not too long ago. They are groups of girls and one of them is celebrating turning 15 years old. I’m not sure if they each individually pay to come but I can’t imagine paying for a whole group of girls to go to Disney lol.

I asked this same question not too long ago. They are groups of girls and one of them is celebrating turning 15 years old. I’m not sure if they each individually pay to come but I can’t imagine paying for a whole group of girls to go to Disney lol.
That would be way too expensive for me to pull off! :laughing: But it must be nice!
We are celebrating my daughter’s sweet 16 and it’s just going to be the two of us :)

Do busses start running two hours prior to park opening at Sports? I got lucky this morning and managed to snag an 8:05 Be Our Guest reservation on May 24. Magic Kingdom opens at 9:00 that day. So I figure we’ll have to leave at 7:00 am to get there early enough :goodvibes
Does anyone have any tips or suggestions? I was considering using an Uber or Lyft, but I know they drop off at the TTC and we’ll still need to take a boat or monorail :car:

They are groups of girls and one of them is celebrating turning 15 years old.
Actually,ALL of them are celebrating their Fifteenth Birthday.:)

It is a HUGE thing for South American girls to come to WDW to celebrate their 15th Birthday.

They come in Tour Groups with "small" numbers all the way up to several HUNDRED in a Tour Group.:)

Some of the Tour Groups also go to NYC and Miami in addition to WDW.

Just about all of the Tour Groups also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

I like to say that if you ever experience The 15s you will never forget The 15s!lol:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!