Disney's ALL-STAR MUSIC RESORT Information & Questions

I was planning on AoA suite week before Presidents Day 2020, but family has me considering ASMu family suite (purely for $ reasons). We will only be 4 (me, DH, DS17, DS13), but youngest is a kicker so 3 sleeping surfaces is a must. Aside from not having the Skyliner for HS and E, my biggest concern is about large groups (school events, tour groups, sport tournaments, etc) adding to the resort noise and chaos. Anyone have experience that time of year? Other thoughts?

Anyone have experience that time of year?
February is a big month for Argentina 15s.

No way to tell how many would be at Music at any given time in February-could be really small numbers or could be large numbers.

The 15s don't stay at AoA,but do stay at Pop Century so you would probably still run into them a little bit at AoA-they sometimes come over and eat at Landscape of Flavors,used the AoA buses,etc..

February is a big month for Argentina 15s.

No way to tell how many would be at Music at any given time in February-could be really small numbers or could be large numbers.

The 15s don't stay at AoA,but do stay at Pop Century so you would probably still run into them a little bit at AoA-they sometimes come over and eat at Landscape of Flavors,used the AoA buses,etc..

Thank you for the feedback. I am trying to think through what real impact huge groups would have on our potential ASMu stay . We spend much more time in parks than at the resort. We can munch in the suite instead of hitting the food court for breakfast if it is crowded. I guess my biggest concern is noise (would being closer to Melody hall mean fewer such groups nearby...I know non-suite Calypso rooms are preferred) and maybe chance of hitting the bus stop just after a huge group. Are the large (unsupervised?) groups less disruptive than I imagine??

Thank you for the feedback. I am trying to think through what real impact huge groups would have on our potential ASMu stay . We spend much more time in parks than at the resort. We can munch in the suite instead of hitting the food court for breakfast if it is crowded. I guess my biggest concern is noise (would being closer to Melody hall mean fewer such groups nearby...I know non-suite Calypso rooms are preferred) and maybe chance of hitting the bus stop just after a huge group. Are the large (unsupervised?) groups less disruptive than I imagine??
The 15s rarely stay in Calypso and Jazz Inn.

They are "most likely" to be assigned Broadway.

In recent years they have been using private buses a lot more than they used to,so they are not seen on the regular buses as much.

If you are early-risers,the 15s usually don't hit the Food Court until around 8:00 AM(the Food Court opens at 6:30 AM).

Again,no way to predict how many would be at Music at any given time in February-could be anywhere from none to many.

I wouldn't worry to much about it.

Now July is a different story!lol:)

If you arrive and have not been assigned Broadway,request again at the Front Desk and tell them you do not mind waiting until later in the day if a room in Broadway is not available then.(Don't be "nervous" to do this-they are VERY used to Guests doing this.).:)

You should stand an EXCELLENT chance of getting Broadway sometime that day,but of course no guarantees.

Mid-November should not see any large Groups at Music that could "fill" up a section(for example,they usually put The 15s in Broadway).:)

I only just came back to this thread and noticed this! I will definitely do that if I need to (I'm from the UK so I have to go to the front desk anyway) I was able to request the Broadway section via MDE so we'll wait and see! Thank you for the advice!

Also, just curious, what are the 15s?

Last edited:
I

Also, just curious, what are the 15s?

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

They are FAMOUS for their matching Backpacks and shirts and for their LARGE numbers!

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers)as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late July for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

The 15s are Tour Groups of South American girls celebrating their 15th Birthday.

They are FAMOUS for their matching Backpacks and shirts and for their LARGE numbers!

Most are given the choice of a LARGE party at home or a trip to WDW(some will also go to NYC and Miami and Bahamas)and,in addition to WDW,most will also go to Universal,Sea World,Busch Gardens,etc.

Some will also have Private Parties(some with South American entertainers)as well as Quinceanera celebrations in World ShowPlace.

The largest numbers,BY FAR,are from Brazil and Argentina with smaller numbers from Uruguay,Paraguay,Chile,Venezuela,etc.

It is VERY interesting when Brazil and Argentina encounter each other-they DO NOT like each other-mainly because of Soccer.

Their rivalry is like Alabama v. Auburn or Ohio State v. Michigan on STEROIDS!:)

The "main" months for the migration of The 15s are late July for their Winter Break and January/February for their Summer Break.

I am very familiar with The 15s as we go every July for my Birthday and,for the most part,they are really nice young ladies,but they can get "out of hand" at times!lol:)

They now use Private Buses alot and that has helped greatly as has the introduction of the Super Greeters in the Summer.

I present to you the LEGENDARY PHENOMENON KNOWN AS THE 15s!lol:)

28358124802_af8d3bbc05_c.jpg

HOLY WOW!

I've either gone in May or November/December so I've never come across them. It looks like it would be an experience thats for sure!

We are planning a first stay at All-Star Music and looking forward to it. We have a regular room booked, and I know that does not include Calypso. Any requests we should make? We have stayed at Pop several times and standard rooms with a lake view there as you can see high fireworks.

Does anyone know what type coffee maker the AS Suites have? Staying there in a couple months and want to bring extra coffee since most of our family drinks it. I saw some older photos that showed the round filter pods type but just wondering if they're still the same.

Does anyone know what type coffee maker the AS Suites have? Staying there in a couple months and want to bring extra coffee since most of our family drinks it. I saw some older photos that showed the round filter pods type but just wondering if they're still the same.

Still the same. Housekeeping will bring you as many as you want.

Can/should this email be used to make special room requests? If so, what time frame do you recommend?

No it should not. Guest Services is not involved with room assignments at all. Your best bet is to call the Main Reservation line and add any room requests to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

Can anyone recommend a specific section or room number of ASMu Family Suites that I could request that has a good view but is quiet?

Can anyone recommend a specific section or room number of ASMu Family Suites that I could request that has a good view but is quiet?
If quiet is your preference, I would suggest Calypso Building 1 top floor near the parking lot. I had a room there last August and it was very quiet. Either building in Calypso or Jazz near the parking lot should be quieter. Anything on the pool side would be quite noisy I suspect (at least the pool was noisy anytime we walked past it to get to the main building). The only downside is the view - you are looking at the parking lot and Sports buildings. But that wasn't important for me.

Are the pull-outbeds in the AS Music suites comfortable enough for adults for six nights?

Does the resort have the new design for the refillable mugs? I've seen other hotels have a Pixar design with pink lid and Mickey design with black lid. Any other colors?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter